• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Curtains for the LF-A; Acura supercar next?

This $175,000+ Honda prototype is competing against lap times of a 4 seater Nissan and a Corvette, both of which are in showrooms today and sell for under $70,000.

Problem is, Honda can't realistically beat those other cars with a production ready car even thought they've been "working on it" since 2001.

Does anyone actually think this car will be in the 2010 lineup? 2011? 2012?

I'm not holding my breath...

First up it's been confirmed that the price is unknown so you can't say this $175 + car when Honda hasn't said how much it will cost and it's their car.

Next the ZR1 isn't under $70k and neither is the GTR. Plus both at this point are sellingwell above sticker.

Real problem bro is you gotta get your numbers right when making this kind of argument.

Next up this particular car hasn't been in the works since 2001 and no reason this car shouldn't be in next years line up. If the car is up to doing ring laps then it's just a matter of perfecting it and ramping up production.

First up it's been confirmed that the price is unknown so you can't say this $175 + car when Honda hasn't said how much it will cost and it's their car.

It won't be under $70K. I doubt it will be under $150,000. As noted the LF-A is the closest thing we have to compare it to and that one was pegged for $225K.

Next the ZR1 isn't under $70k and neither is the GTR. Plus both at this point are sellingwell above sticker.

GTR is listed at $69850 MSRP. Sure, they're commanding $5-10K over sticker, but give it a few months and that will stop. And I'll conceed you are correct on the Vette, it seems the ZR1 is going to be somewhere in the $90-100K mark.

Next up this particular car hasn't been in the works since 2001 and no reason this car shouldn't be in next years line up.

This "NSX replacement" and Honda themselves keeps calling it has already been scrapped twice for reasons that were never made public. I highly doubt this latest car will turn out to be anything but an engineer mule for the new SH-AWD.

I'll eat my shorts if this thing actually comes out next year.

It won't be under $70K. I doubt it will be under $150,000. As noted the LF-A is the closest thing we have to compare it to and that one was pegged for $225K.

No it won't but we don't know what it will be. If it comes in under $70k they'll have to make it cheap like Nissan did the GTR. World class performance but Altima interior. You ever been in that thing? Very cheap. Honda is always good value for the money why do you think that will change?

GTR is listed at $69850 MSRP. Sure, they're commanding $5-10K over sticker, but give it a few months and that will stop. And I'll conceed you are correct on the Vette, it seems the ZR1 is going to be somewhere in the $90-100K mark.

5-10k over sticker:eek::eek::eek: Are you serious ..LOL Come on man quit playing games! You dam well they're asking way above that for a GTR. Check ebay or the local dealer and see hard they laugh when you say that

This "NSX replacement" and Honda themselves keeps calling it has already been scrapped twice for reasons that were never made public. I highly doubt this latest car will turn out to be anything but an engineer mule for the new SH-AWD.

I'll eat my shorts if this thing actually comes out next year.

Seriously man where are you getting you info? Just about anyone on Prime can tell you why the HSC was scrapped. I don't know the second model your referring to but the ASCC was never scrapped they just made body changes. Besides that was never a real car anyway just a model.

Hope you were speedos as that'll be a lot of cotton if your wrong:biggrin:

Uh how big could that base have been since the NSX was a huge sales disappointment. Honda will bring in a whole lot of NSX and S2K buyers that can afford this car plus many more. People b*tch more about their cars being slow more than they do engine position. If this car performs and beats ZR1s and GTRs , Spec V version too , 599s , F430s , 911 TT and GT2's and 3's , Vipers , Carrera GTs you think it won't sale and will alienate Honda fans who've been waiting for a car like that for years.

I think maybe you and like five other guys plus dudes that payed for all the cars mentioned above will be the only "haters":biggrin:
Honda's got a big following if you judge by all the ricers and the S2000 owners/past owners. The million dollar question is whether they'd be interested (or financially capable, in the first place) in plunking down the $75K or the $140 big ones for a 2-ton, grand tourer that purportedly would decimate V Specs and all the other cars you mentioned on the track (you realize that's one hell of a tall order for a car to accomplish, right?). Even if it could edge the hi-po GTR on the N'ring, would you pay low six figures for that GT car? I wouldn't; for that kind of loot I want low-to-the-ground, wide, Enzo-like looks to go along with that performance. I want the full package, not some high-end Jag, or Aston luxury lines.

Notice how so many dissenters have disappeared not that the car is being tested and ring times are posted. Numbers speak volumes. Plus for some reason these new Acuras cars look much better in person than in pictures.
I'll be ready to buy a $75,000-ish sportscar next year. If NSX mkII ends up looking like the next thread it'll have to have in the neighborhood of 500 hp, and that will be its main selling point, because its looks certainly won't be.

If it's 120K or 150K, it won't matter, as I'm not a buyer. And that's my point---how many here will speak up and say, for certain, they'll purchase the car (pictured in the thread below this one) for that kind of money? My bet, almost none. Hence, why build a Honda-badged Aston competitor that no one (other than a handful) will buy.

Joe-Average (non-enthusiast) car buyer out there writes a check because of #1- badge, #2- looks, #3- horsepower numbers. Do you think the Honda name carries enough prestige to overcome the mediocre (non-exotic) looks? Not for clueless Joe, it doesn't. Do you think a 540 hp engine is enough to sway that same Joe to fork over $140K+ for a Honda (that looks too much like its cheaper brother, the Accord coupe)? I don't.

Last edited:
I'll be ready to buy a $75,000-ish sportscar next year. If NSX mkII ends up looking like the next thread it'll have to have in the neighborhood of 500 hp, and that will be its main selling point, because its looks certainly won't be.

If it's 120K or 150K, it won't matter, as I'm not a buyer. Do you think a 540 hp engine is enough to sway that same Joe to fork over $140K+ for a Honda (that looks too much like its cheaper brother, the Accord coupe)? I don't.

Well, lucky you. You do not have to wait for next year or the year after next. The car you are willing to pay for is already on sale. The Nissan GT-R has all the qualities you describe and it is ugly to boot. But, as you said, for $75k or so , you are willling to live with it.:wink:

Furthermore, if your reasoning is correct, I feel very special indeed! HONDA is making this very special car just for the true HONDA enthusiast who cares more for the goodness of its products and is not bothered or limited by what badge it carries. If this mere HONDA can annihilate the competition in performance, as it is apparently set to do AND be as reliable and trouble free as any ordinary HONDA, then it would be worth every penny.

HONDA does not want your $, it wants mine. Clearly it will not be a high volume production. It will only be purchased by those who value the product and who respect and love HONDA for what it is.

Build by hand is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the fact that a $10 part often takes a $5,000-$10,000 mold to mass produce. Multiply that by the 10,000+ parts it takes to make a modern car, and they can't just make a run of a few hundred cars (or even few thousand) and expect to get anywhere near the break even point.

With the expected performance level of this car, it's not like you're going to be able to dip into the civic/accord parts bin very much.

I beg the differ!!!

Toyota is so loaded with cash they don't know what to do with it. I guess they spend $600 million per year on their F1 program and can't jump into the top 5 is a perfect way to spend their money? Dude, I don't know where you're getting your idea from but you're NOT part of the Toyota decision making team.

And you think Honda will have problem forking out those $$$ for a halo car that WILL be made by 2010?

I'm sorry, your logic is all over the place. If you doubt Honda is NOT capible of swallowing the cost over run just to show the world they have a new world class car, you DON'T KNOW HONDA!!! According to your logic, every sports car owner from Enzo and down should drive their cars into the ocean and buy a GTR because it is chump change.:rolleyes:

Dude, sorry to see a NSXer with absolutely no faith in Honda and with zero optimism with the brand, but I'll tell you what, you can kiss that crappy GTR good bye when Honda and Toyota introduce their cars. At the end of the day, if I see you driving a GTR down Pacific Coast Highway and I'm in my NSX, I'll still LMAO because you're driving a Nissan. So will all Porsche and Ferrari guys. I'll just laugh even louder if I'm in the ASC, or what ever Honda calls it.

GTR is a perfect example of how NOT to built a high performance car. They built that car like the way Mitsubishi built the Eclipse. Over weight is not a concern, shape is not a concern. They just kept on adding parts to compensate for the short fall from the baseline design. Granted the car perform exceptionally well, but it is a absolute pig with zero elegance. GTR made C6 Corvette look pretty.

R34 was half the price of a NSX, and both cars performed similarly. Do you think those the owners of R34 in Japan talk mad shit out the NSX? They're probably sitting there wishing they have the extra 45 grand.

This new Honda will sell by the thousands just in Japan. It may not do well in Europe or N. America, but they will sell more than "few hundred."

The owners of the 3800lbs GTR can cruse down the street and let the car drives it self. I'm sure they will make the Hoff proud!!!

BTW, PLEASE FIND ME A DEALER SELLING THE GTR FOR ONLY 5-10K OVER STICKER. PLEASE!!!

And don't shoot me a PM two years from now because few will be looking at that car and wonder why should I buy it new when I can buy it used for $50k?

Last edited:
How stupid would they look when they bring this Accord look-alike to market with a pricetag in the six figures (let's face it, 500+ hp V10 is not going to sticker in the $70s or 80s) and with that, less than 100 buyers per year in the N.A. market?

The NSX was/is the only exception to Honda not following the competition. Take a look at how long it took for their roadster to debut (over 10 years after the Miata's). How long after all the competition had SUVs (remember, they were rebadging Isuzu's) did it take to finally bring out their own? And where in the hell is their first V8???

Another point - why is this "engine company" showcasing only V6s in their luxury cars, and ones with single OHCs, no less? So, all of a sudden, we go from decades of underpowered small motors to a big jump into 5 liter 10 cylinders - to accomplish what?

Nixing the mid-engine sportscar in favor of a 2 ton, front engine GT pig accomplishes nothing but alienating your existing (and future) enthusiast base. They'll realize that, no doubt.

Because a vehicle has a similar body lines doesn't make it a look alike, if anything the pictures indicate a cross between a 6 series/aston martin and I still believe they are toying with final production looks as they always do.

The miata comment is just plain dumb, just because one brand makes a specific platform does not mean all other should follow to market just because. Instead honda took the time to produce a viable platform that the honda pure would love and take in with open arms and they most certainly accomlished that in excess, its insane how many s2000 owners there are hell when did you ever see top gear rate a bmw and a porsche next to a miata? much less give it as much praise? I have no idea what making a V8 has to do with making a superior vehicle??

This "engine company" puts what suits the vehicle for balance it doesn't manf. a huge motor just because, yet it is still very competitive across the board with its so called "underpowered motors" most of my customers are very happy with there Honda's/Acura's. The current RL is a great car imho I know many people who have drive the 5 series and E class and still went with the RL and many of you may ask why? I think the reason is because it handles great, feels nice inside, and unless you are racing every where has plenty of power to goto work, drop kids off at school, and drive out to wine country.

Lastly making a new platform that you have never made does alienate anyone if anything expands the brand to a group of owners that may not have considered such a vehicle. I believe the mistake has been based on how they have marketed as the "NEXT NSX" that rubs me the wrong way but I still think its gonna be a great car but will make my final descision when its released.

I was at the US Open yesterday and FWIW Lexus had on display an LF-A convertible. It reminded me of a somewhat larger version of a BMW 6 series with a Lexus face.

Honda's got a big following if you judge by all the ricers and the S2000 owners/past owners. The million dollar question is whether they'd be interested (or financially capable, in the first place) in plunking down the $75K or the $140 big ones for a 2-ton, grand tourer that purportedly would decimate V Specs and all the other cars you mentioned on the track (you realize that's one hell of a tall order for a car to accomplish, right?). Even if it could edge the hi-po GTR on the N'ring, would you pay low six figures for that GT car? I wouldn't; for that kind of loot I want low-to-the-ground, wide, Enzo-like looks to go along with that performance. I want the full package, not some high-end Jag, or Aston luxury lines.

Something tells me current ricers and S2K owners will like this car but might no be able to afford it. The Honda people who go after this will be the guys who bought their NSX new. Some of the used NSX buyers may look into it as their situations improve. Also you can't get Enzo like looks for that kinda loot. Your wants and your pocket book are in conflict. And yes I will be buying this car. I bought my NSX new and think I got a steal for what it offers. I've no interest in getting rid of it and think this car will look great next to my NSX and CR S2K. It will hopefully have a back seat and still be an incredible value for the money.

Well doesn't that limit your options to like a GT-R if you can get one at sticker ( big if ) or a Z06 or a Lotus exige S? I mean would you really pay that much for a used car?? I couldn't do it man. For that much loot it's gotta be new!

If it's 120K or 150K, it won't matter, as I'm not a buyer. And that's my point---how many here will speak up and say, for certain, they'll purchase the car (pictured in the thread below this one) for that kind of money? My bet, almost none. Hence, why build a Honda-badged Aston competitor that no one (other than a handful) will buy.

You don't really seem to understand that this car isn't an Aston competitor in anything except price ( maybe ) and if they are in the same price the Aston will look over priced and the Honda under priced. For the ring times that Honda is looking to get super exotic pricey European cars will be falling back looking at it's bumper.Myself and others here are saying that they will be a buyer. Mostly of guys that are just getting to used 02+ NSX levels aren't. It's cool to buy used and all but you can't put the same value on a new car as a used and compare the two. Well you could but you look silly doing so.

Joe-Average (non-enthusiast) car buyer out there writes a check because of #1- badge, #2- looks, #3- horsepower numbers. Do you think the Honda name carries enough prestige to overcome the mediocre (non-exotic) looks? Not for clueless Joe, it doesn't. Do you think a 540 hp engine is enough to sway that same Joe to fork over $140K+ for a Honda (that looks too much like its cheaper brother, the Accord coupe)? I don't.

The NSX has given the Acura badge sports car clout. Looks we don't know at this point but again the new Acuras seem to look better in person like quite a few new cars nowadays. I don't think it looks like an Accord coupe all we're seeing so far is a camo'd prototype plus we don't know if it will be $140k you guys keep making up numbers and that's pure speculation. Once the finished product and price are released then you can make that argument.

Last edited:
They have already gone this far and the car seems to be almost production ready, the bulk of the money has been spend.

Maybe most of the cost to design/engineer the car has been spent, but the vast majority of the costs are yet to come; tooling up manufacturing, tooling up suppliers, training assembly workers, developing service procedures, manuals and tools, training dealers (sales and service), cash testing and certification (for multiple countries), emissions testing and certification (for multiple countries), maintaining and managing spare parts for at least the next 10 years, etc.

Well, lucky you. You do not have to wait for next year or the year after next. The car you are willing to pay for is already on sale. The Nissan GT-R has all the qualities you describe and it is ugly to boot. But, as you said, for $75k or so , you are willling to live with it.:wink:
It's at least 800 pounds too heavy for me. That, and it's just plain humongous and completely opposite of something like the NSX (going by the photos someone posted on this board months ago of the two together)- meaning it's not sleak, sexy, or exotic.
Furthermore, if your reasoning is correct, I feel very special indeed! HONDA is making this very special car just for the true HONDA enthusiast who cares more for the goodness of its products and is not bothered or limited by what badge it carries. If this mere HONDA can annihilate the competition in performance, as it is apparently set to do AND be as reliable and trouble free as any ordinary HONDA, then it would be worth every penny.
There's a huge difference in a GT enthusiast and a true sportscar one. The first buys because of luxury features and badge appeal, the second because of motoring fun.

Because a vehicle has a similar body lines doesn't make it a look alike, if anything the pictures indicate a cross between a 6 series/aston martin and I still believe they are toying with final production looks as they always do.
Those Aston looks and the accompanying porker dimensions and weight is the total opposite of what the S2000 and NSX stand/stood for.
The miata comment is just plain dumb, just because one brand makes a specific platform does not mean all other should follow to market just because. Instead honda took the time to produce a viable platform that the honda pure would love and take in with open arms...
I believe it's totally relevant that Mazda revived the low-priced roadster segment and it became a sales homerun and with that, maybe single-handedly saved their company. What's dumb is Honda sitting on their hands for over a decade afterwards to bring their roadster to market. As much as I hate the SUV segment, same argument applies to them sitting and waiting to bring one to market.
I have no idea what making a V8 has to do with making a superior vehicle??{/QUOTE]
Plain and simple, the NSX would've been a better car (and would've sold many more copies) had it come with (or been upgraded to sometime in its run) a little larger displacement with 2 more cylinders.
This "engine company" puts what suits the vehicle for balance it doesn't manf. a huge motor just because, yet it is still very competitive across the board with its so called "underpowered motors"
Lots of those motors wouldn't have to be made bigger, they just need to utilize their full technology (i.e. 3.5 liter V6 with DOHC and full VTEC with 350 hp versus SOHC with 280 isn't too much to ask for, is it?)

Something tells me current ricers and S2K owners will like this car but might no be able to afford it. The Honda people who go after this will be the guys who bought their NSX new. Some of the used NSX buyers may look into it as their situations improve. Also you can't get Enzo like looks for that kinda loot. Your wants and your pocket book are in conflict. And yes I will be buying this car.
Agree that almost all $30,000 S2K buyers in general will not be purchasing a $80,000 or $160,000 Honda. My point is that I think very few of new NSX buyers will be stepping up from their 3000 lb sportscar to, what may be a $140,000+, non-exotic looking GT car with completely different dimensions, exterior lines, tossability and nimbleness than what they had with their mkI NSX. Time will tell though; if this car even comes to market, that is.

Here's a crazy proposition: Why can't sheetmetal on a $140,000 Honda (or whatever car) rival that of the super exotics? The only explanation I can come up with is that there is an unwritten rule among the world's carmakers where looks will always be commensurate with that MSRP range. Go figure.
Well doesn't that limit your options to like a GT-R if you can get one at sticker ( big if ) or a Z06 or a Lotus exige S? I mean would you really pay that much for a used car?? I couldn't do it man. For that much loot it's gotta be new!
New car is exactly my way of thinking, too. Thing is, that none of those 3 cars you mentioned hit the spot for me. I realize that that budget is far from the "big guns" range, so, being an enthusiast forces one to have to consider the used choices. Yet, for example, even if next year early clean 360s are down to $80Kish range, you'd be stupid not to consider the potential future repair and maintenance nightmare. So I wait....
I don't think it looks like an Accord coupe all we're seeing so far is a camo'd prototype plus we don't know if it will be $140k you guys keep making up numbers and that's pure speculation. Once the finished product and price are released then you can make that argument.
Assuming it does come in looking like the latest pics in the other thread, and assuming it's a 5xx hp V10, are you saying you'll step up and buy if it's $120,000 or even $160,000? What's your price cutoff point given the car's completely-opposite-of-the-original-NSX's looks, is really what I'm curious about I guess. Myself, I could deal with the suped-up Accord exterior along with the 500 hp, but only if it rivals GTR's track performance and stickers somewhere in that $75,000 area. Even if I had $120,000 or $180,000 to blow on a car, I wouldn't given those looks; I'd need the whole package, in that case.

There's a huge difference in a GT enthusiast and a true sportscar one. The first buys because of luxury features and badge appeal, the second because of motoring fun.

The differentiation between what a classic GT and a classic sports car is no longer valid. The performance of many a so called GT car is now at or above the level of so called sports car. And as an example I ask you to take a look at the F 959, F California and indeed the homely but stunningly capable Nissan GT-R. Hence, I would suggest that the phrase "performance enthusiast" is a better substitute which encompasses the above two types.

We do not yet know the weight or the dimensions of the NSX replacement. A front engine rear drive/rear biased car which weighs about as much as the NSX and has roughly twice the power would be a sports car in my estimation.

You will agree that it is not the placement of the engine that determines whether or not a given car is a sports car. From the 911 to the NSX to the Miata you have rear, mid and front engine placement and each is a sports car. The NSX replacement's handling and performance will determine whether it is indeed a sports car/enthusiasts car or not.

The differentiation between what a classic GT and a classic sports car is no longer valid. The performance of many a so called GT car is now at or above the level of so called sports car. And as an example I ask you to take a look at the F 959, F California and indeed the homely but stunningly capable Nissan GT-R. Hence, I would suggest that the phrase "performance enthusiast" is a better substitute which encompasses the above two types.
I think you're forgetting the most important aspect for the driving enthusiast out there-- how the car feels when cornering and changing direction. 4000 pounds will never rival the nimbleness of an Elise, for example. Just like a Cup car isn't in the same league as an F1.
IIRC, the 959 wasn't that much lighter than today's GTR. It wasn't a 2800 or even 3000 lb car, in other words.
We do not yet know the weight or the dimensions of the NSX replacement. A front engine rear drive/rear biased car which weighs about as much as the NSX and has roughly twice the power would be a sports car in my estimation.
Are you predicting that the prototype in the other threads (along with its V10) will only tip the scales at 3000 to 3150 pounds? In that case, so many of these arguments are null and void.
You will agree that it is not the placement of the engine that determines whether or not a given car is a sports car. From the 911 to the NSX to the Miata you have rear, mid and front engine placement and each is a sports car. The NSX replacement's handling and performance will determine whether it is indeed a sports car/enthusiasts car or not.
You're right, engine location doesn't determine sportscar-ness. Just exotic-ness.

Dude, sorry to see a NSXer with absolutely no faith in Honda and with zero optimism with the brand, but I'll tell you what, you can kiss that crappy GTR good bye when Honda and Toyota introduce their cars.

You are exactly correct, I have no faith that the current Honda management/design team will come out with anything I'll be interested in.

What has honda done for sports car enthusiats in the last 10 years? Absolutely nothing. The S2000, which is a great roadster, has only been tweeked since being introduced in 1999. The NSX had basic improvements over 15 years, but never received a major reworking. There is nothing in the current Honda/Acura lineup that I'd even consider.

We got teased by the ultra exotic looking HSC, then they pulled the plug. Now we're stuck with a touring car that probably won't make production. There are 5 cars in the $150K+ range I'd buy ahead of this one, even if they can eventually deliver what they are claiming.

Last edited:
I have no faith that the current Honda management/design team will come out with anything I'll be interested in.

There are 5 cars in the $150K+ range I'd buy ahead of this one, even if they can eventually deliver what they are claiming.
:confused::confused:

Then why are you wasting your time and mine in this forum:rolleyes:

Agree that almost all $30,000 S2K buyers in general will not be purchasing a $80,000 or $160,000 Honda. My point is that I think very few of new NSX buyers will be stepping up from their 3000 lb sportscar to, what may be a $140,000+, non-exotic looking GT car with completely different dimensions, exterior lines, tossability and nimbleness than what they had with their mkI NSX. Time will tell though; if this car even comes to market, that is.

I disagree with you on that as if you look at what cars guys who bought their NSX new are looking at Maserati's , Astons etc. You have to remember that unless they want an Elise what else is 3100 lbs? Just the Z06. I think maybe NSX guys who are power junkies would consider one but it really isn't a replacement that's an upgrade again unless they just want power. So in this instance Hondas targeting is spot on. It'll make it to market as this is what Fukui wanted and maybe his legacy to Honda if you will.

Here's a crazy proposition: Why can't sheetmetal on a $140,000 Honda (or whatever car) rival that of the super exotics? The only explanation I can come up with is that there is an unwritten rule among the world's carmakers where looks will always be commensurate with that MSRP range. Go figure.

New car is exactly my way of thinking, too. Thing is, that none of those 3 cars you mentioned hit the spot for me. I realize that that budget is far from the "big guns" range, so, being an enthusiast forces one to have to consider the used choices. Yet, for example, even if next year early clean 360s are down to $80Kish range, you'd be stupid not to consider the potential future repair and maintenance nightmare. So I wait....

I think the Aston Vantage is just beautiful and so is the Maserati coupe so maybe I'm the wrong person on this one. My problem is spending that much money for something that may spend a lot of time in the shop and have questionable build quality. I have to tell you I absolutely love the 599 but can't afford it. Honda with this new car will solve my issues with Aston ,Maserati and Ferrari.

On your own with that one man! I can't pay $80k for a used car that is about to be two models old once Ferrari updates the F430. I could see if it was a collectible but at this point it's not.

Assuming it does come in looking like the latest pics in the other thread, and assuming it's a 5xx hp V10, are you saying you'll step up and buy if it's $120,000 or even $160,000? What's your price cutoff point given the car's completely-opposite-of-the-original-NSX's looks, is really what I'm curious about I guess. Myself, I could deal with the suped-up Accord exterior along with the 500 hp, but only if it rivals GTR's track performance and stickers somewhere in that $75,000 area. Even if I had $120,000 or $180,000 to blow on a car, I wouldn't given those looks; I'd need the whole package, in that case.

Well to be honest I don't know what my cut off will be but I just don't believe Honda will release a car that expensive. The NSX cost couldn't be cut down due to the fact that there was no platform sharing and it was hand made. This made the NSX worth it to me. As far as being opposite the NSX looks I didn't buy the NSX due to it's looks. I bought the NSX because I had an S2K and was told that the NSX was a much better car. So I came into this from a front MR Honda and have absolutely no problems with buying an even more expensive Honda with this platform.

I don't need Honda to match the GTRs performance but it would be nice and I believe they can. I can't put Honda in the same price bracket as the Nissan as the Nissan is using a much cheaper engine and turbocharging. Plus IMHO the interior of my S2K is nicer.

You really think your "blowing" money on a Honda as nice thing about them is they put you in a position to keep them for much longer than most other sportcars. I really have no plans to get rid of my NSX and so to get something else more powerful with better fuel economy ( yes that's important to me:biggrin: ) and back seats really hits to me a similar niche as the NSX.

LOL Could you ask NSXBAT this question:biggrin:

This is sooooooo simple.

I grew up loving and buying Honda cars.

When I had enough money to buy the NSX in 2002... Honda was talking about the new NSX.

And I loved the company so much, that I invested my money and thought I'd wait for the next NSX instead of buying a car that was designed in 1989. No hurry (just a weekend toy). I drive a few fun cars now ... so I'll just wait to buy the next new supercar from Honda

NOW, I waited for Honda and all they did was jerk me around. (Don't care) I still am a big Honda FAN, and got excited about HSC and then they dropped that.

Got Pissed about ASSC or what ever they called that turd! And we raised hell and guess what? Honda dumped it.

Wife needed a car last year... I bought her a Honda. My sister needed a car and I talked her into getting a Honda, and my Dad bought a Honda after I suggested that they are the best cars built (mom bought a Lexus, said Acura couldn't compete). So, there is nothing I'd like to see more than Honda and Acura getting back on the right track (sports cars) like it was in the 80's and 90's.

Now Acura is a joke compaired to Lexus... and going down hill fast. I think this front engine NSX replacement will be another flop... in a long line of ugly design.

But until the day, this thing hits the production line.... I will keep voicing my concern in the hopes that some HONDA executive reads NSXprime... and notices that FerrariChat, Vette.com, Viper boards, and Porsche chat sites ... no one is interested in this car. A far cry from the buzz we got in the 90's right before the NSX hit the market. Every car guy was following the progress of the NSX.

I will fight to keep Honda and Acura moving in a better direction then they are now. If I fail, at least I tried. I'm sure this is a lost cause. But I will hang-out here and see this thing all the way to the end. How many times has Honda changed its mind so far 6? 12? times?

I have a back-up plan... But I'm just not a Porsche guy, after 30 years with Honda its sad to see I may soon have no choice. But I keep my hopes alive that Honda will again produce a car that leads the market instead of follows the pack.

Last edited:
This is sooooooo simple.

I grew up loving and buying Honda cars.

When I had enough money to buy the NSX in 2002... Honda was talking about the new NSX.

And I loved the company so much, that I invested my money and thought I'd wait for the next NSX instead of buying a car that was designed in 1989.

NOW, I waited for Honda and all they did was jerk me around. (Don't care) I still am a big Honda FAN, and got excited about HSC and then they dropped that.

Got Pissed about ASSC or what ever they called that turd! And we raised hell and guess what? Honda dumped it.

Wife needed a car last year... I bought her a Honda. My sister needed a car and I talked her into getting a Honda, and my Dad bought a Honda after I suggested that they are the best cars built. So, there is nothing I'd like to see more than Honda and Acura getting back on the right track (sports cars) like it was in the 80's and 90's.

Now Acura is a joke compaired to Lexus... and going down hill fast. I think this front engine NSX replacement will be another flop... in a long line of ugly design.

But until the day, this thing hits the production line.... I will keep voicing my concern in the hopes that some HONDA executive reads NSXprime... and notices that FerrariChat, Vette.com, Viper boards, and Porsche chat sites ... no one is interested in this car. A far cry from the buzz we got in the 90's right before the NSX hit the market. Every car guy was following the progress of the NSX.

I will fight to keep Honda and Acura moving in a better direction then they are now. If I fail, at least I tried. I'm sure this is a lost cause. But I will hang-out here and see this thing all the way to the end. How many times has Honda changed its mind so far 6? 12? times?

I have a back-up plan... But I'm just not a Porsche guy, after 30 years with Honda its sad to see I may soon have no choice. But I keep my hopes alive that Honda will again produce a car that leads the market instead of follows the pack.

Honda only changed it's mind once with the HSC that was an actual viable car.

Also since you have the money just buy an 04 or 05 NSX and be done with it! If you follow things like you say you do then YOU KNEW in 05 that the NSX was going to be canceled and that Honda wasn't going to bring out another mid engine.

Sorry man you need to buy a Porsche as you know what you want isn't coming. Of course Porsche is rear engined not mid it's also 4wd in most models and also about 3500 lbs.

The NSX only lead the market in making an exotic a durable daily driver. Not looks , not performance. Honda is doing the same thing in the segment for this new car.

Besides you haven't voiced any concerns you just post negative diatribes and look for people to join in. If you want Hondas attention send them an email like I'm sure others have done and maybe they'll make something in the future! It's good that you got your wife a civic and talked your sister into a Honda as well because of this Honda should listen to concerns of vehicles you've bought or pushed other to int that price range.

Please tell me why they should listen to you on their most expensive vehicle to date?

Please tell me why they should listen to you on their most expensive vehicle to date?

I think Honda is worried about Acura

If you asked car people, five years ago, to list their top 10 brands... most would mention Acura. That doesn't happen anymore. I wonder what HONDA is trying to do with the new NSX?

The $100k+ GT market is crowded with way too many cars. Yet
Honda had built up 15 years of credibility with their last NSX before they dropped the mid-engine.

Is Honda starting over from scratch? Changing Directions in mid-stream? Or just thinking that most of the people that bought the NSX are now older and less flexible and don't want to squeeze into a sports car any more?

Last edited:
I think Honda is worried about Acura

If you asked car people, five years ago, to list their top 10 brands... most would mention Acura. That doesn't happen anymore. I wonder what HONDA is trying to do with the new NSX?

The $100k+ GT market is crowded with way too many cars. Yet
Honda had built up 15 years of credibility with their last NSX before they dropped the mid-engine.

Is Honda starting over from scratch? Changing Directions in mid-stream? Or just thinking that most of the people that bought the NSX are now older and less flexible and don't want to squeeze into a sports car any more?

If they are it doesn't really show. Honda and Acura are slowly separating themselves and Honda is just now with the new models it's releasing showing a real plan for Acura with this whole Acura Advance theme.

This new super car will share a engine/platform with the next RL supposedly and SHAWD will be on all the Acura models. They learned that they need to space out the Acura models as far as releasing new product.

Starting from scratch with the new car just like they did with the NSX.

They're a very sucessful company I don't know why so many people here question their thinking when they've been slowly gowing and constantly selling more cars.

That less flexible bit maybe spot on to though:biggrin:

Not me though I still have no problem getting in and out of my S2K ,but 5 years down the road:wink:

Back