• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Custom LED DRL/Blinker

I just have revamped my LED Turn Signal/DRL front blinker and here is my short write up since i got some interest from another NSX owner on Instagram

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I ended up buying 2 universal DRL strips so I have that double stacked look and it fills the housing better than just one. After using a heat gun and separating the lenses I pulled out the orange reflector with my hands, just squeeze and it should come out pretty easy. Using a dremel tool with a cutting wheel i trimmed the thin plastic separator between the OEM DRL the OEM Blinker portion. For wiring I ran a wire from the fender light to the LEDs so they act as DRL and blinkers or if you just want them to act as blinkers then use the OEM blinker plug and tap into that. After that I painted the blinker size of the housing as well as the chrome side pieces black with plasti dip so it can all be reversed. To hold the LEDs to the housing I used some silicon sealer. Then sealed the housing and clear lenses back together for the waterproofing. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here is a video i took with my phone, Lights are so bright I dont even need to use my headlights at night anymore. maybe one strip would be better suited for standard blinker and not so much DRL usage. I will try to film a video at night to show the difference between this and the standard headlight and the high beam headlight.[/FONT]

https://youtu.be/6bIOW5Wkee8

Back