• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Daily Driver

I agree. I have another car that's a daily driver. Every time I drive my NSX, it's a special occasion, by definition.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 01 March 2001).]

Yea! The sun has returned. To celebrate, I washed my NSX before going to work and then, during my lunch break, grabbed a coworker and blasted up Topanga Canyon (Targa off of course!).

Unfortunately there were so many patches of water that my car is now dirty again. DOH!

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 01 March 2001).]

AAACKKK! It finally clears up and now they are forecasting rain for the entire weekend again??? BASTARDSSS!! I just had the car washed again today.
I'm going down to NSX modified this Sarturday morning for some work.
I depise the rain. It's not that I won't drive my car in it... it's that it's no fun to drive in the rain. The ground is wet, traffic everywhere... people in LA can't drive in the rain worth a $^%* (except us car nuts).
If this keeps up I'm moving up north to seattle where it rains no more and the quakes keep me on my toes.
wink.gif

Yes the rain does suck. This morning it was nice here (for being March 1) in Portland - no rain. I had my car at the dealer getting the works done. 5 hours later when it was finished the rain had started.

I agree it's no fun driving in the rain because you're either stuck in traffic or blasting along with limited sight. In fact I had a little 4 wheel drift in a turn with no cars around. At the time I was a little pissed but thinking about now that was actually the only fun I had today.

Actually this weekend in SoCal has been great. But going back to J's original post. I too love to drive my car as often as possible, but not nearly enough. My '91 has a little over 27k. With 2 kids at home, no time for myself.

I love to have it as a special treat instead of a daily driver. Before my NSX, I drove my Supra daily and the car gets dirty and it kind of lost its appeal after a while.

I have to have an option to drive another car when the weather is shitty like the last couple of weeks. I just can't stand a dirty car. Especial a nice car like our NSXes. It is just sad to see people driving a nice car that has not been wash for weeks. I wash my van 4 times a year and it doesn't bother me, but I will not allow any dirty on my NSX. I cali duster it every time I drive it and a cover at work and a different cover at home.

This car belongs to wide open twisties and not stop and go traffics, and not even long boring interstate freeways, just my own opinion of course. BTW, if you are bored driving to Vegas, as someone mentioned earlier, next time try going up to Big Bear and down the other side of the mountain and back to 15. You change your mind.

Hey man it was great day here in Portland. Over lunch I took my daily driver to Home Depot then for a nice drive through the country side. I parked about a block away behind a bldg and this picture was taken close by.

View

------------------
Hal Jones
Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

[This message has been edited by hejo (edited 05 March 2001).]

Back