• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Daily NSX experience

Nothing more to say about incredible linear braking, snappy handling, and instant power. Excepting it’s easy and connecting.

I’ve got an annoying dash rattle. I can brace my thumb against the top of the upper right vent and silence it. Perhaps if parts expand a little bit in summer temperatures it will quiet. Anyone dealt with this?
Getting in and out? Good thing I do yoga.

Also tremendous road noise on the stock continentals. I would consider wearing hearing protection on a longer trip. Planning to visit a dealer and see if the car is really 100% stock, or someone took out some sound insulation.

Ride is quite rough too, even with tires a bit under inflated, sport mode, high temperature around 50 F yesterday.

Am I just getting old? I’m not in a position to drive the car back to back with a 911, and GTR, etc.

Nothing more to say about incredible linear braking, snappy handling, and instant power. Excepting it’s easy and connecting.

I’ve got an annoying dash rattle. I can brace my thumb against the top of the upper right vent and silence it. Perhaps if parts expand a little bit in summer temperatures it will quiet. Anyone dealt with this?
Getting in and out? Good thing I do yoga.

Also tremendous road noise on the stock continentals. I would consider wearing hearing protection on a longer trip. Planning to visit a dealer and see if the car is really 100% stock, or someone took out some sound insulation.

Ride is quite rough too, even with tires a bit under inflated, sport mode, high temperature around 50 F yesterday.

Am I just getting old? I’m not in a position to drive the car back to back with a 911, and GTR, etc.

My 2018 does not have a dash rattle at all. Just over 20k miles on her and she's as tight as a drum. No squeeks or rattles. I run Pirelli P Zeros and haven't noticed exceptional road noise and my tires are set at 38 pounds. As far as ride goes, everyone I given a ride to has commented on how compliant it is in Sport Mode. Several have commented that it rides like a Honda. It is as smooth as my prior NA1 and Jaguar XK imo, but I guess everyone has their own comfort zone. I never have experienced the Conti's so they may be the culprit.

I don't have daily experience with NC1 but tire are tires....check condition/tread depth/uneven wear/pressures. What was last alignment?

Do you have the CF dash top?

Those were known to be noisy and there is a fix, adding some foam under the CF panel.

Sport mode and quiet mode have the softest settings on the struts. Under inflated? Normally run at 35 to 40 psi cold. I find my car too quiet in sport. Make sure your tires are not out of alignment. Toe problems can cause uneven wear on the inside or outside. Once there the noise will never go away even after alignment. Sometimes people will shave their tires to get a smooth ride again. 50 degrees is still cold so maybe part of the problem. What mods are on your car? I cannot reach the right vent while driving, did you mean right center vent? No sound insulation to remove that I am aware of. I changed out to Mich and really like the ride.

I just posted a thread on an instrument cluster rattle. There is a bulletin for this according to my Acura dealer and they told me it's a software issue (the noise is coming through the speakers?). I didn't really understand how that was possible, but supposedly the noise is gone and when I go pick up my car I'll try to put hands on the bulletin and post it here. My car does not have the CF dash and is a 2020.

Preface: I love the car so far in my short ownership period, and it’s a fabulous semi-daily driver.

But… I find the ingress/egress on the NC1 the most difficult of any car I’ve driven/owned. This thing makes the Gen V ACR and 991 RS with carbon buckets look easy. It’s hard to make a graceful entrance, and I’m concerned the seat bolsters will get thrashed. This is coming from a healthy 37YO! Haha.

fwiw there are pretty tightly fitting generic seat covers I've seen these popular in the Ferrari world...

I have found the easiest way to get in is head first and use the center hand rest for leverage. I then step my feet in one by one. I have to enter this way when the car is in the garage as I can only open the door to the first stop. Getting out might not look cool but it is a reverse.

another way if I am sitting in the car and I can swing the door wide open you have to get up from a low squat which as noted is hard to do without holding on and using your hands to help push your body up. My 20-1 NSX was easier.

none of this looks particularly manly. But who gives a shit the car looks hot!

Last edited:
I have found the easiest way to get in is head first and use the center hand rest for leverage. I then step my feet in one by one. I have to enter this way when the car is in the garage as I can only open the door to the first stop. Getting out might not look cool but it is a reverse. If sitting in the car and I can swing the door wide open you have to get up from a low squat which as noted is hard to do without holding on and using your hands to help push your body up. My 20-1 NSX was easier.

For me I always put my left hand on the left side seat bolster to protect that bolster (frequently a spot of greatest seat wear), then slide my butt over my hand and into the seat. That way the back of my hand and not the seat bolster takes the brunt of the rubbing while entering. Other than than I have no problems entering or exiting.

My car doesn’t have the carbon fiber dash top. The rattle seems to localize to one of the vents. I might just shove in a little paper or toothpick shim, at any crevice I can find. It seems to be temperature, weather, related. Will ask the dealership first.

I don't have daily experience with NC1 but tire are tires....check condition/tread depth/uneven wear/pressures. What was last alignment?

I don’t know but I need to get one done. I’m pretty OCD on pressures once the daytime temperature stabilizes. I know my fronts are a bit worn. The front end was pushing a little bit on the traffic circle yesterday.

For me I always put my left hand on the left side seat bolster to protect that bolster (frequently a spot of greatest seat wear), then slide my butt over my hand and into the seat. That way the back of my hand and not the seat bolster takes the brunt of the rubbing while entering. Other than than I have no problems entering or exiting.

I’m 51 years old so I’ve given up on looking cool. I’m just going for entry and egress without pain! My bolster has already taken a beating so it’s too late for a seat cover. I did put some leather conditioner on it.

Sport mode and quiet mode have the softest settings on the struts. Under inflated? Normally run at 35 to 40 psi cold. I find my car too quiet in sport. Make sure your tires are not out of alignment. Toe problems can cause uneven wear on the inside or outside. Once there the noise will never go away even after alignment. Sometimes people will shave their tires to get a smooth ride again. 50 degrees is still cold so maybe part of the problem. What mods are on your car? I cannot reach the right vent while driving, did you mean right center vent? No sound insulation to remove that I am aware of. I changed out to Mich and really like the ride.

Thank you. Food for thought. 40 cold? Meaning 60 def F?

I’m probably going to put on the new all seasons this fall. Align, reassess, suck it up and get used to it. Someone posted this article in which journalists were invited to the track in the winter, no prob with NC1. Pretty cool. https://jalopnik.com/yes-you-can-hoon-an-acura-nsx-in-the-snow-on-all-seaso-1848507845

It’s my understanding tires cannot be out of alignment but wheels can. Am I misunderstanding? That said, the old 997 Porsches used to get nasty uneven wear on the rears, and sometimes came from the factory with dubious alignment.

I live in a small town so my dealership and mod/tech shop options are limited. In the meantime I’m having a blast. Almost a daily driver. Yoga mat in the trunk. Work items in the passenger seat. Wife, left at home ;)

My car doesn’t have the carbon fiber dash top. The rattle seems to localize to one of the vents. I might just shove in a little paper or toothpick shim, at any crevice I can find. It seems to be temperature, weather, related. Will ask the dealership first.

Check the airbag. That's what mine was. I thought it was the dash, but it was the airbag. Some felt under there, gone.

Back