• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

dali / basch supercharger

Excuse me if this has been posted but I was checking Dali racings web site and they have their new paxton novi 200? supercharger package. I think it was 5lbs of boost and 335 rwhp. Hp is down a bit on Larry's turbo kit, but it does run 1lb less I think and is a lot hmmm how do I put this easier on the eye.
What do you guys think? Great to know we got more options to choose from now.

it will also be great to give comptech some more competition. I am first in line when they realize they need to be selling at $7k to be competitive. but when that is realized, I am first in line, that thing is tried and true. anyone at ctech listening?

I think the Dali/Basch super looks, athestically, a heck of a lot better than the Comptech super.

Hey, if the super shown is kit A does that mean there's a kit B and then a kit C?

Hmmm. . .

Is this the big surprise that we are not supposed to see untill NSXPO? Now it ain't fun anymore.

------------------
G Dummy

Seeing it in person, installed in the NSX, is even more impressive than the pictures show. I think it will be a big attraction at NSXpo. It is a very clean design and you will wonder why someone didn't come out with this design sooner.

------------------
Zublin Engineering
http://www.zublin.com

Now that the cat is out of the bag, I can throw my comments in.

The most amazing thing about the Basch Supercharger is the elegance and simplicity of its design. A couple of weeks back, I had the chance to review the CAD design documents and photos of the unit along with a good explanation from Mark of how the unit installs. The first thing that came to mind was, "Why didn't someone think of this before?".

I also watched Mark do a CT and GruppeM supercharger installation, back to back. These installs were compared and contrasted to how "The Clamp" functions. Mark fondly calls his unit "The Clamp" due to its clamp-on design.

I will likely be one of the first to get one of these installed. Another local owner just notified me yesterday while we were at the track that he had basically already ordered his through Dali Racing. We weren't expecting the Dali and SoS websites to list the product until after its introduction at NSXPO.

Yes... we had a leg up on a lot of people because we knew about this ahead of time. It has been interesting watching the speculation posts back and forth about a "Dali" supercharger or a Vortech-based unit or even something coming from RTR.

What's the most exciting thing about the Basch Supercharger? It delivers significantly more performance than the Comptech unit at a significantly lower price!

EDR

Anyone know if it is CARB legal?

That way Us california people can get away even thought most smog stations have no ideal it is modded
smile.gif

------------------
'92 Sebring Silver NSX #181

I was not aware that this was not supposed to be mentioned until NSXPO (sorry Mark) but I did see it on his site and so thought it was knowledge available to everyone.
I also got a message from Mark today that was very interesting. I think his site mentions something like 335rwhp, but today I received a message from Mark with a note that rwhp on his car that was just dyno'd was 415 or something! Sorry no details on what other mods were on the car, but in any case that is pretty impressive, maybe it's kit B, or C or kit kick ass!
Wish I could go to NSXPO to check it out myself.

Originally posted by jon69:
but today I received a message from Mark with a note that rwhp on his car that was just dyno'd was 415 or something! Sorry no details on what other mods were on the car, but in any case that is pretty impressive, maybe it's kit B, or C or kit kick ass!
Wish I could go to NSXPO to check it out myself.

Posted on the NSX List from Mark B himself.

"Two examples are a 3.0 that had a baseline of 238 and a final of 368, and another 3.0 that baselined at 248 and had a final of 373. A 3.2 (MJ's) didn't get a proper STOCK baseline, only with the GMSC, but his final was 410. All numbers are RWHP, and I skipped the tenths."

I think this would be a great option for honda to add to the 02 model and would bring the NSX back into the level of performance of the rest of the cars.

Hejo, I couldn't agree more. Those numbers are very impressive, imagine what a 3.0 w/headers and cat by-pass pipes would make? I believe I read that the number were from a stock 3.0 w/aftermarket exhaust. WOW I am pumped!

------------------
Jason

Larry and Mark's unit are all very interesting. I like the SC stealth and would lean that way more until I see the final setup Larry has and if the SC could go to 6lbs. Great job!!

Originally posted by chudson1549:
Larry and Mark's unit are all very interesting. I like the SC stealth and would lean that way more until I see the final setup Larry has and if the SC could go to 6lbs. Great job!!

Don't be so concerned about how much boost a given system will or won't handle. What counts is HP and torque, and especially the shape of the power curve. (area under the curve. max HP is only part of the story). A CT S/C at 9 lbs won't touch a proper intercooled TT at 7 lbs. More to the point, unless you plan major internal mods, what counts is getting close to the safe limit of the engine with the power coming in early.

Any word on parasitic losses for this new SC? I guess you need to add that in when calculating the max safe output of a stock block. That would tend to suggest that all else being equal, a turbo can provide more RWP than an SC.

Call me ignorant, but I could not find the SC located on Dali's page. It is on SOS, but I thought Dali was in cahoots with Basch (thus Area 51). I'm apparently out of the loop on all of this. Another thing: For Larry's turbo install, you must go to CA. For Basch's install, you must go to CA or AZ. If you read much, a lot of threads inquire about east coast cars and our lack of options. I'm willing to drive about 12 hrs, but not the 78+ hrs it takes to get to one of these shops. Does anyone know of alternatives for us guys east of the desert? Mark, I'll set up the spare bedroom and let you work on my car full time! Sound fair?

Call me ignorant but I could not find the SC located on Dali's page.

You're ignorant.

Just kidding. He probably put it there but didn't put it into the master list or some of the menus yet.

See link from Mark's e-mail below.

For Basch's install, you must go to CA or AZ.

Mark Basch is more than happy to get on an airplane and do an install. He does this all the time. Go in with a few others in your area and it will make it worth his (and your) while.

Here's Mark's post to the NSX e-mail list:

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 21:44:01 -0700
Subject: [NSX] The BaschBoost PeaceMaker has Arrived

HeyAll, I apologize for the commercial UOBW, I know some people object =
to it, but I don't think I do it once a year compared to the hundreds of =
hours I spend giving tech advise at all hours and to all askers. =
(askers?) There have been rumors around for a while about the new SC =
someone was building, and that someone is me. It is (all but) finished, =
and for sale. 'All but' means there are 4 beta testers running around =
wearing the new SC and until I return from NSXPO and examine the cars =
and their condition, nothing is being installed YET. However, once we =
return and are satisfied with the results, the SC will be available for =
install. The SC uses a Paxton Centrifugal unit, the Novi 1000. You all =
know by now how I feel about dyno numbers, but these are taken on the =
same car, same day, same dyno, and the baselines were exactly what we =
always see. Two examples are a 3.0 that had a baseline of 238 and a =
final of 368, and another 3.0 that baselined at 248 and had a final of =
373. A 3.2 (MJ's) didn't get a proper STOCK baseline, only with the =
GMSC, but his final was 410. All numbers are RWHP, and I skipped the =
tenths.

Anyhow, all the important data and photos are available from the two =
vendors currently taking orders. I am also in discussions with an Acura =
new car Dealer in the East. Details to follow.

Hope to see you all at NSXPO.
Cheers,
Mark Basch

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/engine_performance_products/supercharge
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/boy_racer/supercharger_basch_boost.cfm

SuperCharge for World Peace

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 14 October 2001).]

>Two examples are a 3.0 that had a baseline
>of 238 and a final of 368...

The NSX mentioned is a 1992 model, with completely stock engine (stock heads, exhaust manifolds, stock cats, stock muffler). The dyno plots should be available for viewing soon.

------------------
Zublin Engineering
http://www.zublin.com

Originally posted by Juice:
Call me ignorant, but I could not find the SC located on Dali's page. It is on SOS, but I thought Dali was in cahoots with Basch (thus Area 51). I'm apparently out of the loop on all of this. Another thing: For Larry's turbo install, you must go to CA. For Basch's install, you must go to CA or AZ. If you read much, a lot of threads inquire about east coast cars and our lack of options. I'm willing to drive about 12 hrs, but not the 78+ hrs it takes to get to one of these shops. Does anyone know of alternatives for us guys east of the desert? Mark, I'll set up the spare bedroom and let you work on my car full time! Sound fair?

Come to St. Louis and I'll install a Bell TT for you at a reasonable price.
smile.gif

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/focus.asp?product=enpp-101

Here's some information for questions I've seen so far:

The BaschBoost Supercharger was designed and engineered by Mark Basch of Basch Acura Service.

The BaschBoost has shown extremely positive consistent results. As Bryan mentions, the example was on a completely stock NSX. The 1992 NSX responds very well to header and exhaust installation in normally aspirated form, so the results with the addition of these modifications should result in even greater HP. The power achieved speaks loudly about the efficiency of the design pushing out only 5 psi.

The kit is being offered for a limited time with installation included. In order to be able to best monitor the first run, the kits will be installed for free by Mark Basch at the Basch Acura Service Phoenix and San Diego location. Going forward, availability will increase. Dali Racing and ScienceofSpeed are the current distributors. Mark Basch is working with a select few Acura dealerships to be able to increase availability of the kit.

The system will be on display at NSXPO. Feel free to ask any questions in the meantime.

Cheers,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

That is one great looking system! I love the fact that it does not require the user to remove the engine cover. I dont like the fact that it puts more down than my CT SC. hehe. Way to go MB!

Ken

The 1992 NSX 3.0L that dynoed at 366.1 RWHP was completely 100% stock. Stock manifold, exhaust, etc.

The resulting gain was 127 RWHP over stock and nearly 73 ft-lbs of torque over stock. While the results of this test are most substantiated through baseline dyno runs, other NSXes have shown comparable results.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

[This message has been edited by ScienceofSpeed (edited 15 October 2001).]

All I can say is "WOW". You could probably put down close to 400hp to the wheels in a 3.0L with the kit, header, exhaust, bypass pipes and a little luck.

The only thing is that it seems to not add very much below 5600RPM (according to the chart on Dali's site which shows the lower 333hp number).

Back