• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dali LHD rad. duct?

Well the RHD duct came today. Right out of the box I like it. It's carbon wrapped over fiberglass, and the carbon side looks slick slick. I'm really shocked at how quickly it got here. I'll be using Chris's pics to modify it to fit. Not bad for $199.00. Anyone with a VIS hood should seriously look into this.:smile:

Chris,
Did you use existing screw holes in the bulkhead for your top brackets? I'm assuming you were talking about the aluminum 'L' or 'S' shaped brackets holding the top of the duct.

Chris,
Did you use existing screw holes in the bulkhead for your top brackets? I'm assuming you were talking about the aluminum 'L' or 'S' shaped brackets holding the top of the duct.

It looks like it in the pics. I have'nt installed it yet but did have to remove the ABS guard. {PITA} Hopefully Chris will chime in today for a heads up.

Chris,

I used existing screw holes and made a 'S' shaped and a ']' shaped bracket. I coppied Procar barcket from my friends Bryan Procar duct.

Last week, I finally installed the Dali Racing radiator air duct that Dali.
This is NOT a replica of the original NSX-R duct but rather a somewhat different air duct, with the advantage that it covers more of the radiator opening than the original one.

The one thing you have to do however is removing the ABS system protection bar. This was in fact quite difficult to do but I finally managed it. After that, still with some difficulty, I was able to get the Dali radiator duct in place. Luckily, Dali has cut the bottom so I was able to wrap the duct around the right hand radiator hose.

On my car I have the popular VIS NSX-R hood, which has a more shallow opening than the original NSX-R. What surprised me a bit is the fact that the Dali duct sits relatively low in the car. There still remains a sizable opening between the duct and the opening in the hood.

DaliDuct1.JPG

DaliDuct2.JPG

DaliDuct3.JPG

davidf,
Did you ever get your Dali RHD hood duct installed? Got pics? I've got a BYS NSX-R replica vented hood but no duct. I don't like the looks of the LHD version he sells. My hood buffets at speed and I wonder if the lack of a duct contributes to this?

Anyway, I need to order one, but wanted to see the fit and mods required before I do. Thanks,
David A.

Thanks for the reply, Chris. I've looked through your conversion thread a hundred times and know that you had to relocate the fuse box. What all was involved in that and where did you relocate it to?

Thanks for the reply, Chris. I've looked through your conversion thread a hundred times and know that you had to relocate the fuse box. What all was involved in that and where did you relocate it to?
I used 3M Dual lock plastic velcro. Part # MP-3551/52. Extremely strong.

I used 3M Dual lock plastic velcro. Part # MP-3551/52. Extremely strong.

So we're not talking about having to extend wires, just moving the box out of the way and securing it to something?

OK - someone else asked me about the earlier in the week, and I was going to add this to the website eventually anyway:

here are the two pieces superimposed over each other: JDM OEM style and Dali Racing versions.

cf-rad-lhd-rhd-comparison.big.jpg

The JDM piece was made to:

• fit in the existing space around all the bits that were already there in a RHD model as a 4 bolt drop in
  • fit the OEM JDM RHD Type-r model hood
  • work*

The Dali piece was made to:
  • work*
  • fit in the existing space in a LHD model as semi drop in
  • fit the Dali single and dual ducted aluminum hoods
  • fit the VIS, Seibon etc Type-r style hoods

*"work" is defined as collecting as much of the radiator exhaust air as possible and directing it out the hood opening instead of allowing it to flow out under the car. There is no question in my mind which design works better. Which one looks better is open to individual interpretation as usual.

YMMV of course. :biggrin:

now Back to the normally unsupervised discussions...............

yes they are "drawn" to scale as those are actual photos of the 2 pieces taken from the same distance.
Also note that MvM installed his incorrectly.

Back