• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dali Racing Coolant Tank Group Buy

In another thread here (http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/215569-Coolant-tank-options0, some folks were discussing options for the coolant tank. Somewhere along the way Drew found the name of the company that fabricated the original Dali Racing tank, and they are a half hour or so away from me.

I've reached out to them, and while they are busy, they do seem willing to fab some units. I'm putting out feelers for interest in a group buy. I am asking for a rough estimate of cost and timeframe from the vendor, and as I get info will post to this thread. If anybody purchased the original Dali Racing tank, and would share how much they paid, that would serve as a starting point. I've seen a couple on eBay for around $150, so I would figure that would be a target price.

1. Miner

[MENTION=11324]Miner[/MENTION] if you are going to go through with this and collect payment on behalf of the buyers to the shop you will need to register as a vendor first, otherwise the individuals will have to pay the shop directly

In another thread here (http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/215569-Coolant-tank-options0, some folks were discussing options for the coolant tank. Somewhere along the way Drew found the name of the company that fabricated the original Dali Racing tank, and they are a half hour or so away from me.

I've reached out to them, and while they are busy, they do seem willing to fab some units. I'm putting out feelers for interest in a group buy. I am asking for a rough estimate of cost and timeframe from the vendor, and as I get info will post to this thread. If anybody purchased the original Dali Racing tank, and would share how much they paid, that would serve as a starting point. I've seen a couple on eBay for around $150, so I would figure that would be a target price.

1. Miner

You speak as if the entire NSX community is aware of the original Dali Racing tank, what it looks like (along with dimensions and what's included), what the benefits are over OEM, if any, etc. While most do, I'm sure some do not like myself. Why did other aftermarket tanks develop leaks, and the Dali tank did not? Craftsmanship? Materials? Design? If you plan to rally support, I suggest you start with the basic information and go from there. Interested, but I would appreciate more information before I commit. Thanks.

Last edited:
You speak as if the entire NSX community is aware of the original Dali Racing tank, what it looks like (along with dimensions and what's included), what the benefits are over OEM, if any, etc. While most do, I'm sure some do not like myself. Why did other aftermarket tanks develop leaks, and the Dali tank did not? Craftsmanship? Materials? Design? If you plan to rally support, I suggest you start with the basic information and go from there. Interested, but I would appreciate more information before I commit. Thanks.

Here are links to FS ads that show plenty of pictures of the Dali Racing tank:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/193246-Dali-Racing-Round-Coolant-Expansion-Tank
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/213901-FS-Dali-Racing-brushed-coolant-overflow-tank
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/213570-Dali-Racing-aluminum-coolant-expansion-tank
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...style-coolant-expansion-tank-cheap-50-shipped

Most aftermarket tanks develop leaks because of the number of welds create weak points on a piece of equipment that is under pressure. The Dali tank has fewer welds than most other aftermarket tanks so that's probably why they didn't develop leaks nearly as much as other tanks, but as you can see from the last thread I linked they were susceptible to them as well.

As for dimensions I don't have them but the pictures give you a good sense of what it looks like and it's size.

All that said, I'm in the OEM camp on this item but to each their own.

[MENTION=11324]Miner[/MENTION] if you are going to go through with this and collect payment on behalf of the buyers to the shop you will need to register as a vendor first, otherwise the individuals will have to pay the shop directly

My preference is that individuals commit to buying, and pay directly to the vendor (unique metals). My only skin in the game is they are about 35 miles away from me, and I’m willing to help put those who need a new tank together with a source.

The best way to understand what the Dali racing tank is would be to look at the ones that are for sale on eBay.

Dali racing was a fairly polarizing vendor. I bought a few things through him (possibly even my OEM tank) and never had a problem. Others had mixed experiences and some had nothing but trouble with him.

As noted in several threads, the Dali tank was possibly the best aftermarket tank.

I’m neither selling them, nor am I looking to sell them. I’m only trying to facilitate putting folks who need a tank together with the supplier. I am happy to ask questions to the supplier and make sure any minimum quantities are met. If I can get some specs (size, material, etc) from the supplier, I will post them here.

Miner

Last edited:
Cylindrical. Google Dali racing nsx coolant tank for pictures (and links to eBay sales).

I have a trapezoid one from him now in my car. I was just looking to buy a spare one. The cylindrical one isn't the one I'm looking for. Thanks for trying to set this up though.

My preference is that individuals commit to buying, and pay directly to the vendor (unique metals). My only skin in the game is they are about 35 miles away from me, and I’m willing to help put those who need a new tank together with a source.

Thanks Miner. We appreciate you stepping up to help on this. We're just making sure the rules are clear- it's all part of bringing Prime back to life.

haha don't go all turbo2go on us!!!!!!

So I heard back from Unique and we are looking at ~$120 per tank. They mention that Dali did some custom finishes (powder coat, polished, etc), but they produce simple aluminum. Their minimum economical production is 5 units.

If we can get 2-3 more folks to commit, I’d like to arrange for direct purchase from Unique Metals. If we go forward, I will be happy to provide contact info, and act as intermediary.

I can ask, but I got the feeling the company does t do custom finishes. But I will ask. As noted, I’m not doing this as a vendor. I’m happy to ask questions on behalf of the community, but I’d hoping to keep this as simple and straightforward as possible.

Ok Thanks Miner! if not then the regular tank is fine.

I obviously don’t need one of these, but I did have one for my NA1. It was the cylindrical version, finished in crinkle red powder coat. It was made very well and looked great.

I've been a bit preoccupied with work, life, etc.

I'm checking with the vendor to confirm their pricing is still $120.00 each, and if they are willing to deal directly with jizheng, sexyred, yellow scorpion, grtahoang, and littledevilcrx for the purchasing.

If not, I will work with NSXPrime to register as a vendor and act as middleman to package and ship, etc. I'll admit, that isn't my first choice, but since I just drove almost 300 miles round trip to get a set of (painted) 7 spoke factory wheels, I guess after 20 years of ownership, the bug is finally in me.

Miner

I've been a bit preoccupied with work, life, etc.

I'm checking with the vendor to confirm their pricing is still $120.00 each, and if they are willing to deal directly with jizheng, sexyred, yellow scorpion, grtahoang, and littledevilcrx for the purchasing.

If not, I will work with NSXPrime to register as a vendor and act as middleman to package and ship, etc. I'll admit, that isn't my first choice, but since I just drove almost 300 miles round trip to get a set of (painted) 7 spoke factory wheels, I guess after 20 years of ownership, the bug is finally in me.

Miner

Thanks for looking into this and making it happen! really appreciate it!

Back