• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Davis Acura's Zanardi is for sale!!!

slashmatt said:
Here's a quote from a car dealer to a person trying to trade in a car with $10k of mods...

"They [the mods] shouldn't lower the trade in value too much."

not at my dealership... :biggrin:

I was hoping I could have been the first one to post this, but I guess I am a bit late.

As everyone has said. $90K, are they for real? Sure we would love to have the car, but for that money there are much better chioces out there in my opinion. :confused:

I can't believe Acura would warranty this car for 4 years or 50K miles since it is still "new." At what point would they no longer warranty the vehicle. Could the dealer "not register" the car for say 20 years and start the warranty in 2025? At what point does this scam end? It just seems really stupid to me. :confused:

schuey1010 said:
I can't believe Acura would warranty this car for 4 years or 50K miles since it is still "new." At what point would they no longer warranty the vehicle. Could the dealer "not register" the car for say 20 years and start the warranty in 2025? At what point does this scam end? It just seems really stupid to me. :confused:

what makes it a scam, it benefits, you, the customer :tongue: Imagine if you bought the car and there was no warranty.. :wink:

What makes it a scam in my opinion is that only a dealer can do this. I can't not register my car, why should a dealer be allowed to drive a car close to 5000 miles and it still be under warranty six years later? Heck, he should drive it a thousand miles a year for the next twenty years (not ever registered of course) and then when the timing belt snaps have Honda replace that under warranty.

Six years and 5000 miles later just seems a bit excessive to me that's all. If the car had 50 miles on it then I would not have such a problem with it. If Honda ever looked into it, they would see that this car was not just "lost" on the lot somewhere, it has been driven.

schuey1010 said:
What makes it a scam in my opinion is that only a dealer can do this. I can't not register my car, why should a dealer be allowed to drive a car close to 5000 miles and it still be under warranty six years later? Heck, he should drive it a thousand miles a year for the next twenty years (not ever registered of course) and then when the timing belt snaps have Honda replace that under warranty.

Six years and 5000 miles later just seems a bit excessive to me that's all. If the car had 50 miles on it then I would not have such a problem with it. If Honda ever looked into it, they would see that this car was not just "lost" on the lot somewhere, it has been driven.

It is possible that this car is registered but I feel it is highly unlikely. It may have been RDR'd but none one but DAVIS and AHMC knows for sure. By the way if the TBELT broke it wouldnt be warrantied anyways- its a wearable item and should be done under scheduled maintence. The warranty starts from when the dealer registers the car with the motor company and its been reported SOLD.

You would think that they would know how to spell the name of a $100,000 vehicle they have for sale.
NSX ZENARDI

Maybe if it was a Mersaydeez they would have spelled it correctly. I guess I am still mad that a dealer can drive a car for 6 years without registering it. Sorry, small rant from me. :redface:

As you might have noticed, Davis Acura re-listed the car on eBay with a slightly lower initial bid requirment. I have been talking with them about the car, and in fact made what I would consider a more than fair offer. BTW, my offer was the only one on the table from what they told me. Anyway, I called yesterday to see if I could somehow come to terms, but it seems that Mr. Davis wants no less than $90K for the car. Not a snowballs chance, from me anyway...

Edit for future searching: jh4na2129t000164 jh4na2129xt000164

Last edited:
The car is worth between 65-70K MAX IMO. They are dreaming if they think it is worth anything more than that.

Two years from now they will still be trying to sell it and will be lucky to get $55k. They should just quit playing games and ask about $65k max. They must not be serious about selling it.

NSXnBRLA said:
Ill still be surprised if they get one single bid
Well, anyone could bid. Getting it sold for the bid is another story.
NetViper said:
The car is worth between 65-70K MAX IMO
My offer was certainly within that range, and I'd have been willing to go just a tad above in order to get him to move sooner. But, I think he will have to go through the motions, i.e., no bids on eBay and lack of response to Dupont Registry sale ads, before he comes to grips with what most all of us believe it's worth.

Off to find another car... :smile:

bodypainter said:
FWIW, note that the auction now says warranty is good on factory parts.
Yes, I was told the warranty's effective date would begin at delivery. Fact? I took it as such, but I would have verified it before closing. The warranty on the aftermarket parts, I assume, has run out.

KGP said:
Yes, I was told the warranty's effective date would begin at delivery. Fact?
If the car has indeed never been titled - and that's quite possible, since it's owned by a dealership - then that would be true. You could become the original owner of a six-year-old car. ;)

nsxtasy said:
You could become the original owner of a six-year-old car. ;)
Not unless a Davis Acura gift certificate for $20K falls out of the sky and in the lap of good ole KGP. :biggrin: There are a plethera of other cars I'd buy at 90K before the Zanardi.

KGP said:
Not unless a Davis Acura gift certificate for $20K falls out of the sky and in the lap of good ole KGP. :biggrin: There are a plethera of other cars I'd buy at 90K before the Zanardi.

true, but its still so sweet :wink:

Haha...thought this would be worth a bump seeing how much Zanardi's are going for these days:biggrin:

Wish I would have bought one in like '08 when you could find them for $45k :frown:

Last edited:
Back