• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Davis Acura's Zanardi is for sale!!!

if i win the lotto, that car is mine :biggrin:

kgb_agent said:
4500 miles and never been titled? Since 1999??? $90,000 for 6-yr-old car from a dealer and no warranty? No thank you.

Ditto!!!
I want some of that mystery juice that they are drinking.
If it sells at 90K, I am truly holding on to my NSX.

Last edited:
kgb_agent said:
4500 miles and never been titled? Since 1999??? $90,000 for 6-yr-old car from a dealer and no warranty? 2 negative feedbacks in the past 6 months? No thank you.

Car was probably never RDR'd so the warranty will most likely start from the time its finally sold. Technically the car will be a one owner car and the 4yr/50k warranty will be valid till 2009 or another 46k. Its been hiding in the dealer inventory under DEMO STATUS id assume. Davis Acura is a great organization - run by good honest people. They are a major player on the NSX scene and the car belonged to the owner. They are my biggest competitor and I still have only nice and positive things to say about them. :smile:

They can't expect to get 90k out of it when that is the starting bid. I would rather have Len's X or KPG's. :smile:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Car was probably never RDR'd so the warranty will most likely start from the time its finally sold. Technically the car will be a one owner car and the 4yr/50k warranty will be valid till 2009 or another 46k. Its been hiding in the dealer inventory under DEMO STATUS id assume. Davis Acura is a great organization - run by good honest people. They are a major player on the NSX scene and the car belonged to the owner. They are my biggest competitor and I still have only nice and positive things to say about them.
BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Not so sure about the warranty, at the bottom it indicates "Sold as is no warranty, tax and tags extra". I would assume if it was applicable they would have mentioned it. That would make a big difference to me if I was interested (and had the money!)

i think the "no warranty" claim is due to the comptech supercharger...

Although the price is a bit high, I saw the car at NSXPo 2004 and it was veeerrry nice :) It has everything comptech imaginable.

saw the car at NSXPO as well and it is perfect :wink:

90k :eek:

Lets do the math:

1. Mint Zanardi- $63-65k.
2. $25k in mods = to $12.5k when sold

That adds up to $75.5k to $77.5k tops. What do u guys think

NSXLuvr said:
90k :eek:

Lets do the math:

1. Mint Zanardi- $63-65k.
2. $25k in mods = to $12.5k when sold

That adds up to $75.5k to $77.5k tops. What do u guys think

numbers work for me.... they think just because it's a rare car that people will pay 20K more for it (someone probably will). I was just looking at the new C6 convertible and they were selling it for 15K over retail. What a joke.... It's too bad Chevrolet doens't step in and say "this is BS"!

RACERnsX said:
Not so sure about the warranty, at the bottom it indicates "Sold as is no warranty, tax and tags extra". I would assume if it was applicable they would have mentioned it. That would make a big difference to me if I was interested (and had the money!)
I would assume that "no warranty" was stated because there is no warranty provided by the seller (Davis Acura). However, there might still be (should be IMO) a warranty provided by the car's manufacturer.

Mods (e.g. supercharger) don't invalidate the warranty; it's just that any repairs and damages that are caused by the mods are not covered.

nsxtasy said:
I would assume that "no warranty" was stated because there is no warranty provided by the seller (Davis Acura). However, there might still be (should be IMO) a warranty provided by the car's manufacturer.

Mods (e.g. supercharger) don't invalidate the warranty; it's just that any repairs and damages that are caused by the mods are not covered.

as someone who makes his living selling sports compact cars that are almost always modified- try getting anything warrantied no-a-days with any modified equipment. Good luck...

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
as someone who makes his living selling sports compact cars that are almost always modified- try getting anything warrantied no-a-days with any modified equipment. Good luck...

Please refer to the agreement that Comptech has with Honda and the dealers.

It has been my understanding that if you purchase a new NSX and install the Comptech mods before it leaves the showroom, the Acura warranty is not voided with the Comptech SC installation/parts for the entire Acura warranty period. If Comptech's parts fail, Comptech is responsible for those parts. Similarly, if you installed an OEM CD changer a few months after it left the showroom, the CD changer was not included the initial warrenty That was the warranty when I purchased my NSX and inquired with Niello Acura. And I will repeat, Your dealership may have a different agreement.

Edit: Clarified my post further with italics and bold!

Last edited:
last year, they were willing to sell it it...for approx $120K...though that price may have changed since then

Hmm... the price is too high I think. It is really nice car though. I am in a market for one, but I wouldn't pay $90K for that. I would pay $70K at the most.

Hrant said:
It has been my understanding that if you purchase a new NSX and install the Comptech mods befofre it leaves the showroom, the Acura warranty covers the Comptech SC installation/parts for the entire Acura warranty period.
Not true.

The automobile continues to be covered by the Acura warranty. The Comptech parts are covered by the Comptech warranty. The installation of the Comptech parts is covered by the selling/installing dealer. If they wish, the selling/installing dealer can also warranty any problems that might be caused by the Comptech parts (which is what it sounds like Niello was doing), but that does not mean that any other Acura dealer, or Acura HQ, would necessarily provide warranty coverage if something went wrong and it was attributed to the Comptech parts.

The car is very nicely equiped. If I were to buy a Zanardi (I have previously considered it), it is almost exactly as I would want it. But, I don't see it going for what their minimum bid price is. However, I hope they get it!

Im sorry to say, but that price is not only ridiculous, but what makes it even more ridiculous is that its the starting price. Zanardi or not, if someone is going to spend $90,000.00 on a 6 year old NSX (regardless of miles/condition/etc), they should have their head examined. You can't ask retail for the modifications you paid for, after they're installed. You're lucky to recoop 50% of your investment on those. If they get a single bid on this car, i'll be not only impressed, but overcome with laughter.

Here's a quote from a car dealer to a person trying to trade in a car with $10k of mods...

"They [the mods] shouldn't lower the trade in value too much."

Back