• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

daylight savings

I'm having a tough time figuring out why we have it. Shifting time to accommodate an earlier sunrise may save power in the am but isn't that offset by us having to turn on lights an hour earlier at night.....so confused...

I'm having a tough time figuring out why we have it. Shifting time to accommodate an earlier sunrise may save power in the am but isn't that offset by us having to turn on lights an hour earlier at night.....so confused...

I want to file a class action on behalf of all canines who can't adust and insist upon eatling an hour "earlier" now.......

Adjusting the clocks twice a year has no place in the modern world - it mucks up sleep patterns for millions of people (and animals) for weeks at a time for no real point as far as I can see.
Abolish this literally time-wasting practice!

I want to file a class action on behalf of all canines who can't adust and insist upon eatling an hour "earlier" now.......

Maybe I can file a lawsuit in your district and then you can make a judgement siding with me. Once we set a precedent I'll take it up to the SCOTUS. Do you think this can work? I'll just need a pro-bono attorney who isn't related to you.

Great thread!!!
H-

From the neurological standpoint (since that’s my day job), the time change is bad for humans in that it induces fatigue, particularly with the change back in the late winter.

On a more practical basis, since we live in a 24/7, largely urbanized society in the US, the energy savings basis for the time change is now questionable.

I say get rid of it.

From the neurological standpoint (since that’s my day job), the time change is bad for humans in that it induces fatigue, particularly with the change back in the late winter.

On a more practical basis, since we live in a 24/7, largely urbanized society in the US, the energy savings basis for the time change is now questionable.

I say get rid of it.

It serves no purpose. I hear on the news talk of abolishing standard time and staying daylight savings year round, which makes even less sense!

When I’m queen for a day, I’ll outlaw it.

I disagree; I think we should make it DST all the time. No more shifting an hour, but standardize on DST.

so as per right now don't spring ahead...

so as per right now don't spring ahead...

If we stayed standard time all year round, we’d be like Arizona (and formerly Indianapolis), which seems to do alright. If we were to stay daylight savings time year round, in the winter sunrise would be later than now. While not a big deal down here in San Diego, I lived in Seattle for years and having sunrise at 9 am would be brutal.

My 2 cents is stay standard year round.

I think it’s a conspiracy started by Chinese suppliers of replacement mechanisms for battery-operated wall clocks. I’d replace a few in my fiancé’s home every now and then since the hands would start slipping, only to discover that she’d adjust the time by moving the hand with her fingers instead of using the wheel in the back. I’d be $50 richer if not for daylight savings time.

Back