• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DC Area shops to supercharge?

Has anyone gotten their NSX S/Ced in Northern Virginia with positive results?

Lookin to keep the reliability of my stock NSX so would want someone to provide advice to provide maximum HP without compromising reliability too much. Would want someone familiar with this car who can provide objective opinions on what to buy and what to do and of course do the work. Recommendations?

You might try posting this in the SE Region. There are a few area folks who have supercharges. Donwon first comes to mind.

Good luck,

Nate in DC

Tischer Acura in MD is doing my CT S/C right now.... should be done by Monday :biggrin:

donwon said:
Congrats, Bridgewater. I'm sure you'll like it.

didnt they do your as well? Brandon said your car is sick :wink:

I just had mine SCed last week by Brandon & Company and the car runs GREAT :biggrin:
Also had the Headers, Exhaust, Toda timing belt, water pump, and a RPS clutch setup installed too.
AND while Mikey from FactorX was out here visiting a guest here on Prime :wink:, Mikey checked out the A/F ratio on my car and gave his blessings. So all is well :biggrin:

Last edited:
So, who is doing the installs down here? Can Tischer and the rest tune these things right?

How much are you guys paying, all told, for the CTSC install and tune?

liftshard said:
So, who is doing the installs down here? Can Tischer and the rest tune these things right?

How much are you guys paying, all told, for the CTSC install and tune?

im in for $10k already.... :frown:

donwon said:
Thats actually not that bad ...... yet :smile:

Ive budgeted a total of $13k.... that includes the CT s/c, exhaust, header, fuel filter, walbro fuel pump, installation of everything, tuning, shipping my car via enclosed trailer from NJ to MD and back to NJ and Im sure Im still forgeting about something. I also have a feeling that the stock clutch my quickly be destroyed as well. :biggrin:

Hydro said:
You should have included a new clutch in your budgeting. :rolleyes:

I hate to say it but if the clutch does go the car will be sitting for a bit. Ill be travelling for a bit, closing on another house and my bank account is slowly deminshining. My clutch/flywell has only 2000 miles on it so I may be okay until winter. Im crossing my fingers :wink:

If your clutch goes then you should buy the RPS clutch that Hydro put in his car. Doesn't chatter, nice quality , grips great and the only trade off is a STIFF pedal. After you get used to the pedal your left calf muscle will be twice the size of your right calf muscle. :biggrin: It's worth it though.

brandonson said:
If your clutch goes then you should buy the RPS clutch that Hydro put in his car. Doesn't chatter, nice quality , grips great and the only trade off is a STIFF pedal. After you get used to the pedal your left calf muscle will be twice the size of your right calf muscle. :biggrin: It's worth it though.

Im still hoping the clutch doesnt go at first... Ill try to be gentle :biggrin:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Im still hoping the clutch doesnt go at first... Ill try to be gentle :biggrin:

brandon said the clutch is already slipping on the 1-2 shift. Car should be back by saturday or monday. Im so excited.

car just came off the truck and all I can say is "WOW"! very, very fast! the power constant and im very impressed. Sounds insane. Tuesday AM im putting her on the dyno so ill report back then.

92NSX said:
Glad to hear it all went well.
Can't wait to see the dyno results also.

im very excited. I didnt know how much addtional tuning was involved before driving so I left the car at my shop and will dyno it on tues/wed. Ive waited this long a day or two wont hurt me. Car feels very,very fast. I want to check the air/fuel before some serious driving occurs. Too bad the clutch slips. :frown:

You didnt change your clutch out when you fixed the snap ring ??? Or stock clutch wont holding up with your new ctsc ;)

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
im very excited. I didnt know how much addtional tuning was involved before driving so I left the car at my shop and will dyno it on tues/wed. Ive waited this long a day or two wont hurt me. Car feels very,very fast. I want to check the air/fuel before some serious driving occurs. Too bad the clutch slips. :frown:

Back