• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DC Sports header/exhaust on 2000+ ?

Im in the process of purchasing a 91-96 style DC sports muffler (with the neccesary 97+ adapters from SOS) along with DC sports headers for my 2002.

From those of you who have 97+'s or have seen dyno results/driven in 97+'s, what do you think power wise the difference before and after will be ? Im expecting about 13-14 hp peak after both headers and mufflers, am I inline ? Any loss of power in lower rpms ?

Post any input/info you may have ! Thanks !

Honestly - Honda did away with the old cast iron manifolds in 97 and went with a true header and new exhaust.

I love my DC Sports header and exhaust on my 91 for the sound, better response, and weight savings it provided me but I would be surprised if you got more then 15 lbs weight savings and 5 HP benifit.

As a matter of fact you might get nothing or even see negative savings vs. Honda's engineers.

Let us know how it goes.

Aftermarket headers are good on all years (I think)

It’s true that the stock headers are an improvement over the cast iron manifolds they replaced in 1997. Although it’s generally believed and often stated that aftermarket headers do not yield significant gains on a 97+, I’m still not convinced this is the case.

Comptech claims 18 WHP gain by headers alone on a 2000 NSX. They back up this claim with a dyno graph showing peak gains of 13 WHP over stock with just their exhaust and 31 WHP with their exhaust and headers (mentioned here). This is a significant gain to me.

Does anyone have a dyno of a 1997+ before and after headers (or some other proof), showing there is little or no gain?

Well, I have the headers and exhaust on the way to me now. So, when they arrive, ill be dynoing the exhaust first, and then after a week or two ill be dynoing the headers. So, ill have before and after for both products and Ill be sure to post them here afterwards.

:biggrin:

I'd be interested in your results. My old '91 made wonderful sounds with the DC. I would use DC on my 2002 if you can help verify the HP claims.

serialNSXer said:
I'd be interested in your results. My old '91 made wonderful sounds with the DC. I would use DC on my 2002 if you can help verify the HP claims.

Ill post dyno results of each piece before and after for ya, only if you promise to take me for a ride in your F1 car outside your house in your avatar.. :eek: :biggrin:

Back