• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dealer called me about SIriusXM on my car

Hi everyone. My Type S is due to be build in August. My dealer called me and stated that Acura made SiriusXM as mandatory option for the car. He sent me a new build sheet and said it will not be able to change once it is submitted. I just don’t like that radio antenna on my roof. I did not add this as an option for my 2019 NSX. Can anyone confirm that their dealer called to request that as add-on option? Also, the dealer said that the carbon fiber interior visor about the dashboard is no longer available. Thank you.

I have read that here in the forums a few weeks back that all cars built from that day on will have the Tech package included. I selected the Tech package in my build so I cannot personally confirm. I tried to find the post but I could not find it.

Hi everyone. My Type S is due to be build in August. My dealer called me and stated that Acura made SiriusXM as mandatory option for the car. He sent me a new build sheet and said it will not be able to change once it is submitted. I just don’t like that radio antenna on my roof. I did not add this as an option for my 2019 NSX. Can anyone confirm that their dealer called to request that as add-on option? Also, the dealer said that the carbon fiber interior visor about the dashboard is no longer available. Thank you.

Brutal, I was adamant about deleting the roof wart. I suppose it's a small price to pay for Type S ownership. Guess that makes mine even rarer now.

I changed my config a few months ago to remove the XM antenna. Dealer just called me a few days ago to confirm the build as my car is going into production. He confirmed the removal of XM and didn't mention anything about it being mandatory.

On a separate note, for those that have gotten their cars, how soon was your car delivered after the ready for production call?

Thanks.

Back