• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dealer called to request adding SiruisXM radio

Hi everyone. My Type S is due to be build in August. My dealer called me and stated that Acura made SiriusXM as mandatory option for the car. He sent me a new build sheet and said it will not be able to change once it is submitted. I just don’t like that radio antenna on my roof. I did not add this as an option for my 2019 NSX. Can anyone confirm that their dealer called to request that as add-on option? Thank you.

It was reported by others here that SiriusXM became a "mandatory option", presumably due to Acura being unable to source CF roofs without it. I know it's very subjective, but I don't find the sat radio antenna to be all that visually offensive.

It was reported by others here that SiriusXM became a "mandatory option", presumably due to Acura being unable to source CF roofs without it. I know it's very subjective, but I don't find the sat radio antenna to be all that visually offensive.

I was adamant about it and think the roof wart is pretty ugly. Just my 2 cents.

so, if it s mandatory, and not your choice, do you have to pay for it? Sounds to me it should be gratis at worst case. I agree with the look of the roof with the antenna pimple.
I have the XM radio, with a carbon F roof. I bought the car that way off the showroom floor. Even though I seem to have a perpetual free SiriusXM subscription without ever seeing a bill, (2.5 years now), I seldom listen to it. I find the audio quality poor and not as good as just using a USB thumb drive, my phone or digital FM radio.
Do not ask me how to get a free subscription. I have no idea why. I bought a 1 year subscription and they just never shut it down. This probably happened because I simply didn't want it. If the gods are listening, I do not want to win the lottery either. :smile:

I'll gladly take your Type S off your hands. I like warts.

Very kind of you. Being that my car was such an early build I don't have the antenna.

Back