• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dedication / Journal Build

In my years of modifying cars, I never made a build journal, but since the NSX will probably be my last car that I will every buy for a while, I figured I will make a build thread to dedicate my car to.

My passion for cars all started when I was young with me and my friends. We always tested each other on our car knowledge based on the body style and the type of emblem that cars had while they drove by. Unfortunately, my childhood friend passed away from a severe asthma attack at the age of 14. Since he never got the chance to own and modify his own car, I figured I would dedicate this build to him.

My passion and love for the NSX all started with my first car, the Acura Legend. I'd like to think of the Acura legend as the NSX's older refined brother. I understand that the Legend isn't exactly a tuner car, but my parents bought that for me so I couldn't exactly complain. Despite the Legends refined luxury status, I managed to turn into my own, swapping a JDM legend, lowering it with JIC Coilovers FLTs, Greddy Exhaust, Custom CAI, and Racing Hart M7s. The Acura Legend was just a stepping stone towards my addiction.

After I traded my Acura Legend for a Nissan 350Z, my next passion was for Nissans owning and modifying a 350Z, Kouki S14, and S13.5. Here are some pictures of my past cars that I've had the pleasure of owning and modifying.

Before:

After: JDM JP Vizage Bodykit / Seibon CF Hood / GREX 6 POT FR / GREX 4 POT RR / Volk TE37s

Kouki S14:

Before:

After:

S13.5 :

After going through my Nissan phase, I moved onto the next love of my life; The Honda S2000. I absolutely loved the S2000. The way it looks, drives, and handles makes the S2000 one of the best cars Honda ever produced next to the NSX. Most of all, I loved the Del Val community that I belonged to. They are some of the best guys I know and still keep in touch with some of the from time to time. They helped me with installs and advice on parts just like NSX community. I am glad that I am able to join this exclusive community now.

The day I sold my S2000 was probably the worst day I ever felt. I had severe buyer's remorse. I couldn't believe I sold after it was gone. I thought I had did the more practical decision and traded it in for a Lexus IS300. By far the worst mistake of my life. The car drives like crap and the interior even worse. I quickly sold the IS300. After I sold the IS300, I was immediately on the look out for either another s2000 / NSX. I wanted a GPW S2000 / NSX, but unfortunately i wasn't able to find any GPW S2000s at the time for some reason. They were almost as elusive as the GPW NSXs at that time. I looked / searched, and just couldn't justify buying any other color than a GPW S2000 and couldn't take myself to risk daily driving an NSX; I put my dreams at a halt. I then searched around my area and stumbled upon my next project, E46 Phoenix Yellow Metallic M3.

I had my fun with this car, doing just about everything I've ever wanted to the //M. I made it my own again, Installing TCK D/As, Brembo Monoblock 6 POT / 4 POT / Gruppe M Ti Exhaust / 3.91 Diff. After all the was installed, it drove and handled like a dream. It was faster than my S2000 and the best part was that I am now able to carry groceries in my trunk instead of my S2000 Passenger seat (my girlfriend was not please...:smile:). Here are some pictures.

Before:

After:

While owning my M3, I kept feeling that my M3 was turning in to more of a track oriented car and less daily driver. Therefore I set out to look for a daily driver that would save on gas and look great. Everything I wanted I didn't want a car payment. Then I stumbled upon a Taffieta White 2009 Honda Fit 5spd with navigation (only came out in 2009 with manual and GPS :smile:) . I drove the Honda fit for a little and realized that I wasn't paying my //M3 any attention. So with much reluctance and realization, I sold the //M3. Although I had fun modifying and driving the BMW, JDM cars were always my passion.

I was planning on just putzing around with my Honda Fit with intentions of buying a house and going back to school until I was able to stumble on an NSX on one of the forums. So I contacted the owner and saw the car. I fell in love instaneously. This was the car I've always wanted. When I had my Legend, I always compared the two engines and noticing the defining characteristics of the two. The Legend was never on par with NSX, but noting that they are both C engines and both before its time, I've always appreciated and loved the NSX. I knew I would own one someday, I just never thought it would be now. The car had a clean title and it ran, so I took the leap of faith. I know the NSX needs work, but I didn't care. I just wanted an NSX and for the price I got it for I can make it my own :biggrin:! The girlfriend wasn't happy, but hey Dreams > Girlfriend :smile:.

I know I went on a rather lengthy background of my car history, but the moment you have all been waiting for, is the story of my NSX. So it begins....

The previous owner didn't really take care of the car; the interior was pretty beat up, and much needed maintenance was over due, but I didn't car Ijust wanted an NSX and I didn't mind putting in the wrench time.

Here is a list of parts the NSX came with:

Cantrell Concepts Air induction system
Uni Drop in filter
Science of Speed Headers
Science of Speed Endura-lite exhaust
RC 250cc injectors
Taitec rear Diffuser
Science of Speed Short shifter
Science of Speed Short shift stalk
NSX-R Shift boot
Mugen Shift Knob
Carbing strut brace
Buddy Club RSD Coil overs 10k front, 12k rear

Its getting late, and I digress, I will update accordingly with pictures and some parts I just recently purchased, courtesy of Kouki Motosports. (I will edit the pictures shortly)

Last edited:
PICS!!!!

You keeping your current exhaust setup? Have you considered matching the rear with remaining Taitec components (exhaust+headers) since you have the diffuser?

You need to fix your image links.

Sorry, it was getting late and didn't realize that I didn't have the right html codes. Pictures fixed.

- - - Updated - - -

PICS!!!!

You keeping your current exhaust setup? Have you considered matching the rear with remaining Taitec components (exhaust+headers) since you have the diffuser?

I'm not actually keep my current exhaust set up. I've just gotten in the whole taitec exhaust set up. Taitec Headers / Taitec Test Pipes / Taitec JGTC center exit exhaust to match my rear diffuser. I should be installing it soon.

Therefore my current exhaust set up will be for sale. SOS headers / SOS Exhaust

- - - Updated - - -

This is the day I picked it up...

Then finally got it in the garage. Thats basically where it sat since then. Haven't really drove it since I would like all neccessary maintenance to be done before I drive it. Don't get me wrong, I'm itching to take it on the road, but I would rather be patient in the maintenance department. Already scheduled an appointment with Larry B.

Now, I just move it in and out of the garage just to start and stretch its legs.

Last edited:
Looking good man. Looking forward to progress.

Thanks man... It will be a long road but the reward will be ever so sweet.

This is what came in the other day... Taitec products has some beautiful welds.

Can someone tell me what these are?

Congrats! If you still want white, you could have the car vinyl wrapped or commit and do a full color change via paint. I'm looking forward to seeing updates.

Congrats! If you still want white, you could have the car vinyl wrapped or commit and do a full color change via paint. I'm looking forward to seeing updates.

Vinyl wrap... Maybe if I do it myself. Can't justify spending $2500 for someone to wrap my car. Plastidip seems like a better option. But I think it if finances permit, I would rather just spend the money on a good paint job.

- - - Updated - - -

Vinyl wrap... Maybe if I do it myself. Can't justify spending $2500 for someone to wrap my car. Plastidip seems like a better option. But I think it if finances permit, I would rather just spend the money on a good paint job. I don't want to half ass it.

After searching for a year I finally found the rims I wanted... GC07Cs.... Rare offsets and best yet is that I bought 2 sets... Debating should I sell a set... As soon as I get them from Japan... I will post pictures.... FYI these are not NSX specific offsets!!!

This is my first attempt on working on the NSX. Taitec Headers, Taitec Exhaust, Taitec Test pipes. Damn it was an eye opener.

Finally up on Jackstands...

My first challenge was figuring how to take off the rear diffuser. I bought the car with the diffuser, luckily for me it wasn't fully connected or wasn't installed correctly.

After I got the center piece off that was just ziptied on and a single bolt that help on to the bar of the diffuser, it came off easily. Then I looked around the undercarriage and was dumb founded on how the hell am I going to get the sides off. I took to my best friend at this point google/NSXprime. Then it hit me, I HAVE TO TAKE THE REAR BUMPER OFF!!!

Boy was that a shocker. I called SOS just confirm, and they couldn't confirm whether or not I needed to take the rear bumper off. Its because they haven't installed one in a while. I understand, so I googled some more before I commit. I found some threads and used the service manual an continued.

After about an hour or 2 it was completed...

After all said and done, it wasn't that hard in retrospect. The hardest part was finding the bolts. I saw scorp's threa on taking the rear bumper off and looking at the service manual. I found the 2 in the trunk, the 4 on each side of the car. The final 4 I just had no idea where it was. Too bad no thread has pictures when doing DIYs. When I reinstall everything I will hopefully be able to do a detailed DIY.

Then I researched some more and begank to take apart the exhaust. I already sprayed a good amount of Seafoam Deep Creep a couple hours ago as recommended by some other prime members. They said it was better than PB Blaster, so I gave it a shot. These 20 year old exhaust bolts are FREAKING UNBELIEVABLY hard to take off. I tried numerous attempts to try to break it free with no success. I sprayed and sprayed and tried and tried. NOTHING

Then I had an idea. I noticed that the bolts on the headers connected to the adapter pipes and cats were fairly new. SO I gave that a shot. I sprayed some DeepCreep, and to my belief it broke free!!!! Took all 4 header bolts off and just left adapter pipes --> exhaust connected.

Now here comes the hard part, getting the exhaust off the hangers. Driver's side front and rear amd passenger side all came off easily, the passenger's rear couldn't be angled enough for me to slip the exhaust off. I have No idea why. TIme to put in some muscle. After about an hour trying to pry it off using jacks to bring it up and down, i was finally able to pry it off.

It sucks working on jackstands, but I have to work with what I got.

This is final result...

This is where I left it for now. I started around 1:30 pm and stopped @ 8:00pm. Combination of cigarrete breaks, bathroom brakes, google/NSXPrime searched. I was tired after about 6.5 hours.

I will resume tomorrow with the headers. Pray for me guys.

Congrats on the NSX!

Nice to see you getting your own hands dirty.

I recently did a full exhaust (header/test pipes/muffler) install on my NSX and it's not actually that bad, pretty straight-forward and just takes time.
I think now that you've gotten the diffuser off and out of the way, things should go fairly well. FWIW, I used PB Blaster on my bolts/nuts and it worked fine. Then again my car spent most of it's life in Florida, so I didn't have to worry about hardcore rust (just need the right extensions/combinations and lots of torque).

Hopefully you've already read through the DIY/walk-through/tutorials in the Wiki section. They helped me a lot.

And I can definitely empathize with you on having to work on the ground with jack stands.
It was a serious PITA (literally). I ended up hurting my back while working on the exhaust for a full day (it's mostly back to normal now, but still have some funny feelings every once in a while).

Good luck.

Congrats on the NSX!

Nice to see you getting your own hands dirty.

I recently did a full exhaust (header/test pipes/muffler) install on my NSX and it's not actually that bad, pretty straight-forward and just takes time.
I think now that you've gotten the diffuser off and out of the way, things should go fairly well. FWIW, I used PB Blaster on my bolts/nuts and it worked fine. Then again my car spent most of it's life in Florida, so I didn't have to worry about hardcore rust (just need the right extensions/combinations and lots of torque).

Hopefully you've already read through the DIY/walk-through/tutorials in the Wiki section. They helped me a lot.

And I can definitely empathize with you on having to work on the ground with jack stands.
It was a serious PITA (literally). I ended up hurting my back while working on the exhaust for a full day (it's mostly back to normal now, but still have some funny feelings every once in a while).

Good luck.

ive gotten quite familiar with the tutorials... It's the execution that's the problem... It's alright... Just keeping it going for now. Yea my back was hurting but nothing some nevcessary stretching can't fix with some alieve..

Last edited:
Did you get your exhaust finished?

Or are you on standby for a motor mount.

Everything is I stalled I am on standby for the motormounts.... Fitment is spot on.... I will be posting pictures shortly and hopefully a video once the motormounts is on..

A little update... Since my engine mount was kind if floppy I decided to opt for SOS engine mount for the rear beam for now. Also since I was already down there I might as well replace my oil pan gasket but why stop there... I ordered a baffled oil pan SOS too with gaskets and everything... SOS helped a lot by getting me some replacements as well and shipped everything In A timely manner. But stupid UPS took too long and I missed them while waiting all day for them so I had to wait the whole weekend till today to get them. No worries at least I got them.

here are some pictures.

null_zps04385e28.jpg

null_zps32f536c8.jpg

null_zps46eb2ab5.jpg

null_zps4270f3a2.jpg

null_zpseebfae01.jpg

null_zps48359a00.jpg

hopefully everything will be installed this week so I can start it up.

Some teasers of 1st set to come in from Japan... I hate waiting almost a month for pars from Japan!!!

null_zps54efd5d4.jpg

Haven't updated in a while, but just picked a set of yokata fenders from an Alaskan primer... Didn't know JDM parts can come from Alaska.

Pretty cool story, were you on the acura-legend.com forums? I used to own a legend, I've noticed several members from a-l.com on here.

So what kind of wheels did you get from japan?

Pretty cool story, were you on the acura-legend.com forums? I used to own a legend, I've noticed several members from a-l.com on here.

So what kind of wheels did you get from japan?

i was on that forum... My first car forum that I joined. I learned a lot from Christian an his type r yellow leend running NOS. I stopped after I picked up my first sports car, the 350z and continued on to zilvia.

Another update of me hoarding parts...

Almost ready to dive in to start tearing my NSX apart some more...

After a 4 year hiatus and finished with my graduate degree I’m back on. I’ve contemplated a few times selling her, but I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. It will definitely be a labor of love after I’m done. I’m going to start off by completing the maintenance that was suppose to be done years ago, but held off because of school. So watch out for more posts. After looking through the car once again. It’s going to be a while before it’s road worthy, but hey I still own an NSX

Back