• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Denver: 26th Exotic Car Show and Concours d'Elegance

It’s that time of year again!

It’s time once again for the annual Exotic Sports Car Show and Concours d’Elegance. I am representing the NSX community on the show’s planning committee again this year, and unlike last year, I’ll be able to attend this year’s show.

This Concours is held every June to benefit United Cerebral Palsy of Colorado, and it is one of their biggest fund raisers. We expect to get about 400 of the most beautiful, historical, exotic, and classic cars from the Denver area, including about a dozen NSXs. You never know what kind of cars will show up. In the past, we’ve had Bugattis, Rolls Royces, Gullwing Mercedes, even an Enzo. This year, the show is on Sunday, June 14th from 9 until 3 at Arapahoe Community College.

Cerebral Palsy of Colorado helps over 700 special needs children, ages six weeks to five years, right here in the Denver area. In the present economy, sponsorship money is tight, so every car that registers for the show can really help make a difference. It is a great cause and we’d love for you to participate. You can register your car online at http://www.cpco.org/concours/index.htm - You’ll love the car they used for the icons }:)

We also could use a couple of volunteers to help us stage the cars the morning of the show.

I hope to see all of you from prior shows again, and I look forward to meeting some of the new owners in the Denver area. As in past years, I’d like to try to put together a dinner at a nearby restaurant the night before the show.

Steve

I really wish I could make this car show. I know Leon (Hitman) the guy who owned my car before me had made it to this one regularly.

Unfortunately I will be in Hawaii at the time where I will be driving a my BMW Z3 which is far inferior to the NSX :(

I will be sure to let you know if I have a change in plans and discover that I might actually be able to make it.

This is really for a noble cause too..

-Dan

Steve,

Again, thanks for helping organize again this year. It's a great show, good cause, and without you the NSXCA wouldn't be on the "hosted by" list.

I'll be there...and this year I'm going to have some help preparing the car so you better watch out.

2963518424_ffb91bc1a7.jpg
2963519216_bb35d024eb.jpg

Maybe I can train her to put grass clippings in the footwells of black NSXs. :wink:

Last edited:
If we want to setup a tent near our cars to sit under...are we supposed to pay for the privilege? Would be nice to not get baked by the sun or impose on the Z-Car guys and crowd their tent.

I don't think I can compete with Latzke's crew for car prep. So far, I've had very little success training my cats to buff the car with their fur... :smile:

As for the tent, I didn't get to see what the Z car guys did last year, but I would guess that they paid to have the tent - This is a fund raiser after all. I think the biggest issue would be where to put the tent so that it wouldn't be in the way of any cars / spectators. If memory serves, last year they had open areas in the middle of the cars. I'll ask about tents at the next meeting on the 21st.

Steve

Just a friendly reminder that the early registration ends May 18. After that the registration fee goes up. Also, the 2nd anual "Tour for the kids" is going to be on Saturday June 13. You can register your car and sign up for the tour at http://www.cpco.org/concours/

Hope to see you all there!

Steve

We had a comittee meeting Last night. We've decided to move the deadline for early registration back a week to the 22nd.

I also have more information on the tents at the show. Basically, if we become a sponsor, CP will provide the tent and have it set up next to our cars, which look to be near the stage again this year. Sponsorship is only $250, so I figure we should be able to chip in and raise at least that amount. With the Colorado Child Care Contribution credit, the after tax cost to us is even lower - we just need to make sure we indicate that we want the credit on the memo lines of our checks.

Who's in?

Steve

We had a comittee meeting Last night. We've decided to move the deadline for early registration back a week to the 22nd.

I also have more information on the tents at the show. Basically, if we become a sponsor, CP will provide the tent and have it set up next to our cars, which look to be near the stage again this year. Sponsorship is only $250, so I figure we should be able to chip in and raise at least that amount. With the Colorado Child Care Contribution credit, the after tax cost to us is even lower - we just need to make sure we indicate that we want the credit on the memo lines of our checks.

Who's in?

Steve

ill chip. will we have a table or anything or just a tent? I wouldnt mind giving out some detail cards.

ill chip. will we have a table or anything or just a tent? I wouldnt mind giving out some detail cards.

My guess is it would be OK to have something low-key like a stack of business cards sitting on one corner of a table...but that your own tent in the vendor area would be the appropriate route if you want to market in a more-overt manner than that. Steve would be a better judge of what is technically allowed and/or appropriate.

A small table might be handy for displaying NSX paraphernalia (I have books, connecting rods, pistons, and an oil-pump gear). That could enhance the viewing experience of people who like the NSX, and if small enough the table shouldn't take up too much valuable in-the-shade-seating space. My church has a 18" x 5' table I could borrow...but that won't fit in my NSX.

Basically, if we become a sponsor, CP will provide the tent and have it set up next to our cars, which look to be near the stage again this year. Sponsorship is only $250, so I figure we should be able to chip in and raise at least that amount.

Who's in?

I'm a cheapskate, but since it goes to charity and I like shade I'm in. What logistics do you suggest for pooling our $$ for this? What is our deadline for telling them if we want one or not?

Last edited:
i just sent in my registration today ! :biggrin:

Giving out business cards shouldn't be a problem. CP has tables but they may be larger than we want in our tent since they are geared towards the sponsor tents. I'll ask them how big it is. I have a collapsible camping table that would be great, but unfortunately it is just a bit too wide to fit in the NSX.

I love Latzke's idea to display NSX paraphernalia.

The logistics for handling the $$ is pretty simple. Just let me know the amount you can contribute and I'll keep track of the running total. You can PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting the number in public. I'll let CP know, and you can give me the checks at the show. Just make them payable to UCP Colorado, and remember to indicate that they are for the Child Care credit on the memo line - otherwise you won't get the form you'll need for tax time, and that form is worth 50% of your contribution.

I don't really need to talk to CP until a couple of days before the show, but if we want NSXCA to be listed in the programs, I'd have to let them know by (I think) the 23rd. I was working under the assumption that the booklet listing was no big deal for us.

Steve

I can contribute for a tent...
--bruce

I'm registered for the event and will like to contribute for a tent. Eric

I don't think I can compete with Latzke's crew for car prep. So far, I've had very little success training my cats to buff the car with their fur... :smile:

Is that why you plotted to have a skunk run out in front of me last night? :eek: Cruel trick.

Luckily I stopped short of hitting him and he kept on running. Regardless, a bit too close for comfort. Had I hit him I'd be calling Dan this minute to schedule a detail. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Is that why you plotted to have a skunk run out in front of me last night? :eek: Cruel trick.

Curses! Foiled again! :wink:

If we get a tent, we can also get a 6 foot table and a couple of chairs. Should I have them supply one?

We can also use volunteers at the show - especially to help get the cars parked. Let me know if you can help out.

Steve

Some of the S2000 folks are reporting they didn't get an email with packet info, despite registering. In case this happened to any of you, here is the email I received. I converted the attachments to web pages and linked to them in the email.

Hi there!

Thank you for your participation in our 26th Annual Exotic Sports Car Show and Concours d’Elegance. We are really looking forward to a spectacular event this year as we have had so many supporters return for another great year and have attracted some new supporters as well.

This email is to let you know that we have made a few small changes to the registration packet process this year. To produce the most cost effective way of getting the information of the event to you, as well as to keep the majority of your donation going directly into our programs and services, we will not be mailing registration packets this year. The information you will need to know before getting to the event is attached to this email. Please read thoroughly and feel free to contact us with any questions.

Please find attached:

You’re additional tickets to the show, dash placards, and scoring sheets will be given to you at check-in at the event.

Thank you again for your generosity to our event. We look forward to seeing you there!

I just wanted to send a quick reminder for those that can help out with the tent. If you're writing a check beforehand, it can be made payable to UCP Colorado. Make sure to note that it is for the Colorado Child Care Credit on the memo line to take advantage of Colorado's 50% tax credit.

I look forward to seeing familliar faces again, and meeting the new faces tomorrow.

Steve

Not bring my NSX because I promised my daughter to take her to the aquarium tomorrow (totally forgot about the show) but i will be stopping by the show to check out the cars with her and my wife. Hope to see some NSX's out in full force tho!

was nice meeting everyone . btw this is yoojeankim (dan)

for some reason my acct is suspended for time being :confused:

Back