• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Denver: 26th Exotic Car Show and Concours d'Elegance

My thanks to everyone for the "Favorite Acura NSX" ribbon. At first I thought it was a joke, but when I realized the sincerity I was touched. Thank you.

I hope everyone got home safely. Craig and I had to dodge all the people in the middle of 11th avenue in Denver taking pictures of the tornado funnel cloud. Fortunately it never did touch down and all we got was some rain.

I understand it was a different story further north. My brother-in-law, returning home from an acting gig in Johnson's Corners around 5:30 PM was delayed by an accident in front of him, but then when he drove further south reported a passing hail storm had left 1 inch hail stones all along the next few miles of road.

Again, Thank you

Mark

My thanks to everyone for the "Favorite Acura NSX" ribbon. At first I thought it was a joke, but when I realized the sincerity I was touched. Thank you.

I hope everyone got home safely. Craig and I had to dodge all the people in the middle of 11th avenue in Denver taking pictures of the tornado funnel cloud. Fortunately it never did touch down and all we got was some rain.

I understand it was a different story further north. My brother-in-law, returning home from an acting gig in Johnson's Corners around 5:30 PM was delayed by an accident in front of him, but then when he drove further south reported a passing hail storm had left 1 inch hail stones all along the next few miles of road.

Again, Thank you

Mark

Steve,

Thanks again to you and everyone else who works to put this thing on. I had a great time, as usual...at least until we had to scramble. A few pics are here, starting about half way through the set:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8606671@N02//sets/72157619760079760

Mark,

Thanks again for the shelter and hospitality. Comparing pictures from the news with what I saw out my window to the west before we turned east, I did see the funnel cloud in its earlier/smaller stages. While the shelter ended up being unnecessary in your area (thankfully) - the resulting timing was perfect.

On the drive home it was apparent there had been a lot of rain from about 120th to E-470, with a decent amount of hail centered around 136th Ave. That area was still slow and go due to water on the road from melting hail on the shoulders. 9 News reports up to 1" diameter hail fell in a few locations (maybe there?). Instead of being caught in that mess while it was falling I made it home with just a sprinkle of rain (from another storm I was lucky to sneak ahead of). Alexa is home safe, I got to meet your wonderful wife, and after a little microfiber+"Prima Slick" the NSX is again clean/garaged/covered.

Oh, and we all do love the high-mileage NSX. Didn't think about it until now, but that ribbon is a great way to close out 150k miles and bring in the next 150k.

Back