• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Diabetes Research Institute - “Kids Carnival for a Cure” Charity Function

Looking for some extra help from my Primers! I've also posted the same post in the Northeast US Region section.

Good Morning Primers,

As most of you already know, myoldest son Jared has Type 1 insulin dependent diabetes and I've been very active in supporting the research for an ultimate cure. Our family goalis to hope that one day within Jared's lifetime that a cure will be found so that millions of children will never have to suffer or endure this horrible immune disorder.

It's that time of the year where I start bugging people to support the charity I'm a co-chair, the Diabetes Research Institute Foundation’s “Kids Carnival for a Cure”. The proceeds go directly to Miller School of Medicine University of Miami for diabetes research. Since most of you works for a major company, I like to ask if it's possible for you to donate the service your company provides, a sponsorship of this great cause, monetary donation, donating auction items and/or gifts for our raffle gift baskets. Or you can simply donate via check or purchase the raffles which is $10 each or $100 for a booklet of 12. For those who doesn't care for the 501(c) (3) not-for-profit tax write off, you can donate directly to my Paypal account and I'll write one check to DRI. You can Paypal (if possible as friend) to [email protected].

Every dollar counts and it can help find a cure to this horrible disorder. If it's a dollar, 5 dollar, 10, 50, 100 or whatever it is, it will help!

I’ve paste the link to sponsorship and event information below, hope you can come and join us for a fun full day at Dave & Buster at Westbury, NY.

To read about our research so far,please visit http://www.diabetesresearch.org/committed-to-cure-diabetes

To purchase tickets to the event or sweepstakes, please visit https://www.diabetesresearch.org/Kids-Carnival-registration

DRI is a 501(c) (3) not-for-profit corporation so all donation are fully deductible by saving the cashed check or raffle tickets.

And lastly, to my wonderful friends and family, I couldn’t have done this without all your support throughout these years!

From the bottom of my heart, thank you!

You can send check payable to DRIor Diabetes Research Institute. PM me for my home address. Please indicate if this is for cash donation or raffles.

Thank You all for your continual support

The Lam Family

Back