• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Did CGI get rid of their car?

Wow.....those graphics will get you noticed. I wonder why they got rid of the Evo? I hope whoever buys that car is smart enough to check and see if Mitsubishi has voided the warranty yet (they almost certainly have). Mitsu is really serious about voiding warranties for almost anything, but especially a dedicated track car like that.

Meeyatch1 said:
I wonder why they got rid of the Evo? I hope whoever buys that car is smart enough to check and see if Mitsubishi has voided the warranty yet (they almost certainly have). Mitsu is really serious about voiding warranties for almost anything, but especially a dedicated track car like that.
Mitch,

If and when you reach my friend in Fort Wayne, you can ask him why he got rid of his Evolution 8. You'll get an earful about poor warranty treatment and customer service by Mitsubishi. Which is why their sales are down so drastically and their chances of surviving in the North American market so shaky...

Great -

i just bought a new Evo 8 MR for my daily driver. The front right brembo squeels like a stuck pig. I took it in after a week and they started saying crap like "all brakes make some kind of noise" and then, "Mitsu doesn't warranty brakes." Of course I said bullshirt and asked why the other three didn't squeel. They told me to drive it some more and if I had problems they would call Mitsu for me. I told them if Mitsu wouldn't fix it then they should. Christ, we're only talking about replacing the pads and cleaning the parts up I think.

On the other hand, the car is flucking flun to drive :biggrin: . i'll spend about 2000 bucks on mods and the damn thing will be putting out over 350 AWHP and running in the low 12s.

I got a scary fast ride in that car around Gingerman by the "Godfather of speed" himself! What a blast. That said Mitsu the company sucks and they obviously have no idea what customer service and support are all about. Sometimes I complain about the Acura network but we have no idea what "bad" really is.

What a shame - I was looking forward to another fast ride this year!

Slightly off topic but Any idea what CGI is going to replace it with?

SR4 clubsport. Cool! 1-1/2 days till I'm in an SR3. Counting down the minutes. :biggrin:

nsxtasy said:
Mitch,

If and when you reach my friend in Fort Wayne, you can ask him why he got rid of his Evolution 8. You'll get an earful about poor warranty treatment and customer service by Mitsubishi. Which is why their sales are down so drastically and their chances of surviving in the North American market so shaky...

I still think it has alot to do with the particular dealer you are dealing with. So far (should I have my fingers crossed??) I've had no issues with my car whatsoever or my dealer that I deal with here in Grand Rapids. And if I did have issues, there's another one a few miles away that has a good reputation as well. I've had my recall work completed with no hassles at all as well.

I would be curious to know if the poor warranty treatment came as a result of the car being tracked or not though, as for poor service, is that from Mitusbishi or the dealer? A good dealer will go to bat for you, a bad one won't. Being in sales and repair for the machines that I sell, I know how to work the system for my good customers, the ones that are a pain in the ass and obviously abuse my machines don't get handled with kid gloves.

Also, it seems to me that alot of car manufacturers are not standing behind cars that have been tracked/abused. I have mixed feelings on that, however I can see both sides. If you were a manufacturer, would you continue to do clutch replacements for free for a guy who goes to the local drag strip and does clutch drops every weekend? I wouldn't. Maybe Mitsubishi needs to look at their dealer network along with looking in the mirror. JMHO

While a particular dealer may be good, I think it is pretty obvious to anyone that does research on Mitusbishi knows of their past 'shady' activity about hiding customer complaints, and knows of their current acts of pretty much going out and trying to screw over their current customers. They could not tell their head from their a$$ and that is pretty sad. It is especially sad because I honestly think that my '03 Evo VIII was one of the most fun cars I have ever owned, and I would not have sold it had Mitsubishi not been such a lying bunch of jerks. That car was awesome, and I was sad to get rid of it. My situation is not isolated.....just do some searching and you will see what I mean.

KGP said:
SR4 clubsport. Cool! 1-1/2 days till I'm in an SR3. Counting down the minutes. :biggrin:

Take extra shorts... :biggrin:
Also the rebound on these cars is absolute.
You will have the most fun you have had with your clothes on. :wink:
Have a good one.

Back