• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Difference in paint colors

Hey guys, I have been looking at the 2002 NSX for my upgrade car from my project 01 prelude that I have had through my education.

I am color blind, so alot of the blues just kinda mix and mingle together so I just need to confirm that I am seeing the right things with this:

I am tossed between the Monte Carlo Blue Pearl & Long Beach Blue Pearl
Likesay, I have a connection inside BASF and Dupont to get the paints, I just can't tell which one is the brighter color and which is the darker, less reflective one. At any rate will be working with whichever I guess for the next few months so input is very much appreciated, thanks for your time.

---
Long Beach Blue Pearl Images:
nsx_blu_still_rt.jpg

jp02-36.jpg

post-16612-1138596836.jpg

why the stark difference between the shades? 'Guessing it is the extra clearcoats?
1196658362_f.jpg

014.jpg

Monte Carlo Blue Pearl Pictures:
jp02-10.jpg

000_0051_Medium_.JPG

2499056_2_full.jpg

2499056_5_full.jpg

long beach blue pearl is the brighter of the two.

monte carlo blue pearl has a tint of purple in it.

To me the Long beach Blue is a more vibrant blue and pops, the Monte Carlo blue is a bit more refined and subtle. Both colors look good on the NSX.

long beach blue pearl is the brighter of the two.

monte carlo blue pearl has a tint of purple in it.

What he said.^ The LBBP has more metal flakes and therefore, shinier/brighter. The purple hue on the monte carlo blue pearl is a very subtle purple, and you will not notice it unless you are staring at it for a little bit. Both look very nice (my subjectivity).

What he said.^ The LBBP has more metal flakes and therefore, shinier/brighter. The purple hue on the monte carlo blue pearl is a very subtle purple, and you will not notice it unless you are staring at it for a little bit. Both look very nice (my subjectivity).

the brightest blue though in my opinion is the monaco blue, now that thing is almost sky blue in person.

The Long Beach Blue Pearl is a bright blue. The Monte Carlo Blue Pearl is a much darker blue, and depending on the light may even be mistaken for black. Comparing Long Beach Blue Pearl with Monte Carlo Blue Pearl is like comparing royal blue with navy blue.

the brightest blue though in my opinion is the monaco blue, now that thing is almost sky blue in person.
Maybe you're confusing the colors...? The Monaco Blue Pearl is the only one of the three blues that has a distinctly purple look to it.

A few people said, one of the differences is that Monte Carlo Blue has a purple tint and Long Beach Blue Pearl doesn't. That is not correct.

Long Beach Blue Pearl does have a purple tint. It has a base coat that is metallic blue, almost purple with a translucent blue clear coat.

The color changes considerably with the amount of light. In bright sunlight the metallic from the base coat makes it a very light blue. The darker it gets the more the blue clearcoat hides this and the color looks much darker.

DSCF0710.jpg

This is with flash, the best i can do.
Desktop9.jpg

LBBP is the brighter blue, and MCBP is darker; however, the MCBP does not look that dark (IMO). The purple hue give it a darker appearence, but does not look black to me even with street lighting. Since you are color blind, I don't know if you can relate to the different shades or degrees of darkness. Here is my anology between the 2 blues. The MCBP is like waving your hands to your friend who just showed up late at a crowded restaurant. The LBBP is doing the same tihing while jumping up & down. You will get everyone's attention faster.

Both colors look great! especially the LBB

MIKE SELL ME YOUR CAR!:biggrin:

Both colors look great! especially the LBB

MIKE SELL ME YOUR CAR!:biggrin:

Hey Terry,
Didn't you see the headlights and shaved emblem? It wouldn't fit the no paint requirement in your sig :wink: .

Oh yeah , NO :biggrin: :biggrin:

Back