• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

different rim width same offset question

If I have 18x10 w/+12 offset and they fit flush now, will an 18x10.5 with +12 offset sit in the same spot? I was thinking that the rim width would not effect the offset, but I am doubting myself and I dont want to order the wrong wheels. thanks

SNDSOUL said:
If I have 18x10 w/+12 offset and they fit flush now, will an 18x10.5 with +12 offset sit in the same spot? I was thinking that the rim width would not effect the offset, but I am doubting myself and I dont want to order the wrong wheels. thanks

Yes it will. You have 1/2" wider rim which equalls 12.7mm or 6.35mm on each side of center. To have the outer lip be in the same place, you will need to go higher by 6.35mm in offset. (12mm + 6.35mm =18.35mm offset) So round it to +18mm or +19mm <---safer.

This applies ONLY as to where the lip will sit, if you are using the same size tire, it will stretch the tire a bit away from the edge with a wider rim. If your tire is NOT stretched now, you would be able to keep the same offset (+12mm) and the tire will sit in the same spot, but be a bit more stretched, and the rim lip will move "out" 6.35mm.

It all depends on your tire choice. What size are you using, and how "stretched" does it look? Can you post a pic?

I ordered 19x10.5 et12 for my widebody and many others are using the same spec for 30mm rear quarter widebody panels and sorcery with there 40mm use 0 offset.

RP-Motorsports said:
Yes it will. You have 1/2" wider rim which equalls 12.7mm or 6.35mm on each side of center. To have the outer lip be in the same place, you will need to go higher by 6.35mm in offset. (12mm + 6.35mm =18.35mm offset) So round it to +18mm or +19mm <---safer.

This applies ONLY as to where the lip will sit, if you are using the same size tire, it will stretch the tire a bit away from the edge with a wider rim. If your tire is NOT stretched now, you would be able to keep the same offset (+12mm) and the tire will sit in the same spot, but be a bit more stretched, and the rim lip will move "out" 6.35mm.

It all depends on your tire choice. What size are you using, and how "stretched" does it look? Can you post a pic?

I am using a 285/30/18, Bridgestone S-03's it is not stretched at all
4291100_0371-med.JPG

Back