• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Digital NSX-specific HID kits gauging interest in group buy

Hi guys,
Just sold my last digital HID kit to a nice gentleman in LA.
I have at least 4 pending orders so I will need to order a new batch of parts. Usually I only stock 4300k kits because they are the brightest and reportedly they have less failure rate. Since I am not a dealer, I do not order by bulk. The supplier indicated that if I order 100 kits, he can give me a sizable discount with the resultant finished kit price around $299. I want to find out from all of you if you would be interested in such price. The new batch of kits that I use will have the initial peak current of 6 amperes and quickly drops off to less than 4 amperes. The base kits are available from other HID sellers for $439. With the added new modified seal caps and various hardwares, the $299 target is $180 off retail and $70 off my usual kit price. My kits have been around since 2003 and have received very good reviews regarding quality, ease of installation, and customer's supports. It comes with colored step by step instructions for a trouble-free installation within an hour.
So I would like to find out if there is such interest and I can take specific orders such as 6000k kits, H1, 9005, H3, etc. If there is no interest, then I just order a few kits here and there to fulfill the small niche of NSX-specific HID kits.
So if by end of July 2008, I can get close to 100 orders, then we can do the $299 price. But if there are not enough orders then I will not be able to get the same discount. I will still order 50 kits with the resultant price of $319. Fair?
Also, with the digital technology, the ignition is so fast that you can install it for the high beam to flash.
The base kit looks like this with some small changes.
HIDdigital1.jpg

HIDdigital3.jpg

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
Steve,

ok.... count me in for a 4300K kit for 02+ Headlights.

just a couple of questions:
- if later i want different color temp, like 5000K or even 6000K, can i buy just the bulbs from you and exchange them??
- the kit is absolutly bolt-on, right??

Thanks,
Nuno

Steve,

Thanks for the last kit. Can't wait until it comes. I'll post pictures to help out with the 4300K sales.

Really, if you want good headlights, get the 4300K's Steve's talking about. Carmakers have studied these things carefully, and determined that that 4200-4300K gives you maximum visibility.

You can get 6000K's if you want that blue-white look, but they don't light the road as well.

I guess it's down to form vs. function.

interest in 'digital' HID's...

whiteNSXs/Steve, I'd like to recommend you to some other individuals wanting plug-n-play HID's for non-NSX applications. Since they won't need the OEM NSX low-beam headlight's dust-cap, will there be a price concession from the aforementioned cost? How can they contact you (ie. email, phone #, etc')?

Thanks, in-advance! :cool:

I am in on the group buy. Please PM me with details when you are all ready. I am close to you so I can either pay you in cash in person (if you will help me install them:tongue:) or I can paypal.

I am inteesting too thanks

Let em know with ship cost to italy

Andrea

That is one sweet looking and compact HID kit.

Put me on the list for one 4300K kit for my NSX. I'm ready to buy when they become available (esp. since they are now down to 4-6 amps).

Also interested in hearing more about the H3 kit (thats the one that fits the JDM foglight, correct)?

A few people also asked me if these are good for the high beam. Absolutely, these kits have such rapid ignition, they are so fast that they can be used to flash as high beam.
Steve

FWIW, the ballast is so small you can fit 2 inside the headlamp bucket if doing a high/low beam conversion.

Just installed the 4300K HID's from Steve and what a difference. These were taken on a camera phone and in the morning, so quality isn't the best. Better pictures later on at the SCA meet. I started with the driver side, and no kidding took ~30 mins, no wires to cut or splice. Simply just plug and play. The passenger side took ~15 mins. So this should take roughly 1-2 hours depending if you have the right tools or not. Instructions were very easy and had a lot of precautionary steps. Honestly its written "For Dummies." All those who buy these from Steve, you won't be disappointed.

Passenger Side (OEM non HID)
Image004-1.jpg

Driver Side (HID)
Image005-1.jpg

Both sides after HID install
Image007-1.jpg

Better pictures in a car garage before a car wash.

Image000-2.jpg

Quick question, is the install reveresable? I have your kit in my 92 but forgot how I installed them:redface:I like to get some HID's for the Zanardi but would like to keep it 100% original or very stealthy:wink: No permanent holes:smile:

Quick question, is the install reveresable? I have your kit in my 92 but forgot how I installed them:redface:I like to get some HID's for the Zanardi but would like to keep it 100% original or very stealthy:wink: No permanent holes:smile:

Hi Michael,
Yes, there is absolutely no hole drilled anywhere and totally reversable. In fact it comes with custom brackets to mount the ballasts to stock bolt holes. Even the bolt supplied is OEM Honda. You need to buy 2 kits for the high and low beams.:biggrin:
Steve

Put me down for a 4300k kit for my 94 NSX. :smile:

I did a quick search and im shocked how easy people have mentioned the install was. That was my only concern about getting HIDs on the NSX. Now no worries and im ready to BUY!

You need to buy 2 kits for the high and low beams.:biggrin:
Steve

I'll take one kit for the low beams, for the 5 times a year I'll drive the car, I should be okay:biggrin:pM sent:wink:

Ok, I am really hoping that we have enough orders to form a 100 sets pricing, otherwise the 50 kits pricing would be $319 which is still way better than the usual $369.
4300 k is the brightest and perhaps most longlasting. According to the supplier, although rare, the 6000k has more failure rate than 4300k. Please sign up on this list.
One slot for one kit
1. whiteNSXs for one 4300k for low beam
2. whiteNSXs for one 4300k for high beam
3. The Kid one 4300k low beam
4. Crazy Acura one 4300k low beam
5. mickeylex for one 4300k low beam and possible one H3 kit
6. Bucky for one 4300k low beam
7. Abrunod possible one kit. Shipping to Italy should run no more than $50 usd and I do not charge anything more than the Post Office does.
8. vietNSeXy for one 4300k low beam
9. rsexotic for a 6000k low beam
10. UnhuZ possibly for a 4300k D2S kit

Please sign up on this list- One slot for one kit.

1. whiteNSXs for one 4300k for low beam
2. whiteNSXs for one 4300k for high beam
3. The Kid one 4300k low beam
4. Crazy Acura one 4300k low beam
5. mickeylex for one 4300k low beam and possible one H3 kit
6. Bucky for one 4300k low beam
7. Abrunod possible one kit. Shipping to Italy should run no more than $50 usd and I do not charge anything more than the Post Office does.
8. vietNSeXy for one 4300k low beam
9. rsexotic for a 6000k low beam
10. UnhuZ possibly for a 4300k D2S kit
11. Jett for one 6000k low beam.

Last edited:
Steve,

Did you miss this post above? :biggrin::biggrin:

just a couple of questions:
- if later i want different color temp, like 5000K or even 6000K, can i buy just the bulbs from you and exchange them??
- the kit is absolutly bolt-on, right??
in case you answer YES to the first question, what price can i expect for just the bulbs?

and on your list, you can change:
"10. UnhuZ possibly for a 4300k D2S kit"
to
"10. UnhuZ really wants to go for a 4300k D2S kit"
:wink::wink:

Thanks,
Nuno

Back