• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DMS Performance intake manifold

With an aim to gain the most out of my engine without opening it and also remaining NA I have followed this thread with interest all along.

Excited to say I just ordered the full package from DMSCRX -- manifold, throttle body, injectors, infinity, all harnesses etc (The whole PNP package)

I genuinely cannot say enough about how helpful and professional I have found this new vendor to be. Even my tuner (Highly regarding over here) has been impressed by his knowledge and honesty.

I will complete a dyno base run for comparison before fitting everything then post the results.

I have been discussing this with Justin today and am about to order this so please when you get this on post your results as I will be a month or so behind you

I would agree had some comunication with him today and am impressed with his replies, so looking forward to this coming here I have just done a lot of mods to my new 3.2 block and the engine is singing but needs some more up top and help out with the power in 3rd in some corners at the track

The first batch of manifolds will be here soon. I will be taking more orders by the end of the week. If there is enough interest I should be able to reduce the price by $100-$200.
Ok so some of us who purchased the Intake Manifold are still waiting for these and Justin has gone to ground and not replying to anyone.
I paid nearly 4 months ago after being told 4 weeks to complete and one other member back in November last year so anyone else having issues?
This thread has been dead since March when you took my cash so it's a good opportunity to update where this is at, so please step up and do that.
Justin you are not replying to anyones emails or pm's you have taken money from people here wanting to purchase your product and you do not have the guts or decency to reply or repay so how about you man up and give us some answers.

Justin has contacted me and hopefully this will get sorted, he has also said 2-3 weeks so I will update accordingly.
I would just like to mention that I have tried to make this a great transaction between both parties and that I would understand delays but that has not helped with any form of communication from him on those delays.
Frank I hope you get some answers soon.
Justin I think the people who have paid deserve this thread to be updated by you as I believe we would all like this product development to come to a good conclusion with great results for all.

I have updated all customers directly already regarding the status of orders for some time. Regardless the delays that have plagued my orders have been resolved. There were a few minor issues that needed resolved with quality control and pictures have been sent to the manufacturer and they have assured me attention to detail will be first and foremost. The company building these for me have machined enough flanges and runners for a bunch more future orders so there won't be any waiting for the machining of those items (which is the longest part of the wait). That will cut the build process of these manifolds to roughly 6 weeks or better. My goal is to cut that down to 4 weeks once a regular routine has been established. I even hope to stock one or two of these in the future as well. I have already shipped three manifolds out to customers. The last one of the first batch left last week heading to Georgia. He should be receiving it today. Two more are the on the way from the manufacturer in the next two weeks or so, and the two I have here I am in the process of fixing the minor issues and getting them sent out (ex. Scammy).

I have received the final order of the Gen 1 manifold and two more Gen 2 manifolds :) I am also in the process of doing a manifold with a custom DBW throttle body flange as well as per customer request.

You dont know how happy this makes me feel, and thanks for getting on top of the communication.
So looking forward to this stage of development for my car

I have updated all customers directly already regarding the status of orders for some time. Regardless the delays that have plagued my orders have been resolved. There were a few minor issues that needed resolved with quality control and pictures have been sent to the manufacturer and they have assured me attention to detail will be first and foremost. The company building these for me have machined enough flanges and runners for a bunch more future orders so there won't be any waiting for the machining of those items (which is the longest part of the wait). That will cut the build process of these manifolds to roughly 6 weeks or better. My goal is to cut that down to 4 weeks once a regular routine has been established. I even hope to stock one or two of these in the future as well. I have already shipped three manifolds out to customers. The last one of the first batch left last week heading to Georgia. He should be receiving it today. Two more are the on the way from the manufacturer in the next two weeks or so, and the two I have here I am in the process of fixing the minor issues and getting them sent out (ex. Scammy).

The red ink in that middle pic: are those manufacturing defects from the fabricator? If so, what is the solution? Welding?

The red ink in that middle pic: are those manufacturing defects from the fabricator? If so, what is the solution? Welding?

Yes, they were little mishaps that were easily corrected by me here with a simple weld fix and finish. The next two that showed up afterwards had the issues resolved.

- - - Updated - - -

The Gen 1's are not being produced anymore but there was a customer who ordered a manifold when they were still in production so that is the final Gen 1 to show up. The difference is the Gen 2 has the machined logos and the runners received a little bit of an upgrade. The custom throttle body manifold was a customer requested flange that was drawn and machined for the DBW throttle body he wanted to run.

Thought I should update where I am with this intake, we have installed it on my old engine since I broke my 3.2 and will rebuild that next year. I am booked in at the tuner for this Friday. We had to clean up a couple of minor things and after a long wait and some miscommunication I am really happy with the result so far.
I will post my tune results here after Friday.
attachment.php

Attachments

• received_10206984817691824.jpg
    received_10206984817691824.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,307
I hope the end result is fantastic. I am looking forward to the data. Of the 6 total manifolds that have been produced so far, the only two on which I have gathered data are the two that are here at my shop. There are four others out there that have been delivered but have not been installed yet and sadly, no data :(

Update: Talked to Justin approximately 1 week ago, stated he was going to install fuel rails for my 440 injectors which was another nightmare, he wanted part numbers, which Wil (Angus) nor I had. He told me last week that the fuel rails would be mounted, and my manifold would ship. Yesterday texted JUstin, asking if my manifold had shipped, he said no and wanted to know the year of my car. This guy has had my information, and my money since close to the beginning of the year. Next he stated that he is going to ship out the manifold the way it is and, he states to let someone else try to figure out how to make this work. I was like F no, I PAID YOU YOU MAKE THIS WORK. I QUESS I AM DRIVING TO GO SEE THIS CHARACTER. I can understand time delays on parts, but all I ask for is communication, not telling me next week. Such a shame seems like a good product, but not a good business person. Frank

Update: Talked to Justin approximately 1 week ago, stated he was going to install fuel rails for my 440 injectors which was another nightmare, he wanted part numbers, which Wil (Angus) nor I had. He told me last week that the fuel rails would be mounted, and my manifold would ship. Yesterday texted JUstin, asking if my manifold had shipped, he said no and wanted to know the year of my car. This guy has had my information, and my money since close to the beginning of the year. Next he stated that he is going to ship out the manifold the way it is and, he states to let someone else try to figure out how to make this work. I was like F no, I PAID YOU YOU MAKE THIS WORK. I QUESS I AM DRIVING TO GO SEE THIS CHARACTER. I can understand time delays on parts, but all I ask for is communication, not telling me next week. Such a shame seems like a good product, but not a good business person. Frank
It is a shame it has come to this. Your manifold has been sitting in my shop for months while I waited on you to provide me with the injector information to finish it. You have been dragging your feet to give me an answer and when you finally do, expect me to drop everything I'm doing to rush your manifold out the door. You still cannot tell me exactly what injectors you are running and you told me to assume they are the same physical dimensions as stock. I won't be responsible if they do not fit. Point the finger at the vendor because it's the easiest thing to do when you can't assume your own responsibility in this matter.

Is that right Justin. It will be interesting to see how you try to apportion the blame when it comes to the way you have treated me.

HISTORY:

After following the DMS Performance Manifold thread from the very start and getting really excited, I am first on the list to purchase. Due to my high level of interest I also add to the order extras that were to enhance the benefit of the manifold.

On 1st November 2014 -- after being asked to pay in full and also told the delivery would be approximately 3 weeks --- I do exactly that -- pay in full -- (Approx. $5,500 USD)

As soon as payment was received the communication, which had been excellent, virtually ceases.

I try to be patient despite the lack of any real assurances. Then 8 months after my payment I receive an email stating the manifold had been poorly manufactured and yet Justin was thinking of sending it anyway or there would be further delays.

As neither of the above were/are acceptable and I no longer have any faith in Justin or his products --- I cancel the order entirely.

Eventually Justin informs me that he will keep the manifold (As it suited him to do so) however he would send over all the extras. This initiates further emails as he knows quite clearly that I only ordered these extras to go with the manifold and without it they are of no benefit whatsoever.

This brings me to CURRENT TIME: (Now 12 months later)

Once again total silence from Justin’s end.

Mr Bradley has had the use of my money for 12 months now. I have purchased many times from almost all the USA vendors without any issues, however this has certainly taken away the enjoyment of owning my car for this year.

So, buyer beware unless, like me, you are prepared to end up with lawyers handling what should have been a simple transaction.

Tysama.

Did you get your item or your money back Tysama?

No, his parts have been sitting here because he stated he will refuse the shipment if I send the parts to him. I won't waste money/ potential loss of parts to Australia if he isn't going to accept the package. However, I offered a compromise that I can sell his stuff for him at a reasonable price and give him the earnings from it. He can also accept my shipment and he can sell the parts himself if he does not want me to handle it. I have been storing his parts here at my shop for months simply because he does not want them. So I wait...

Tsyama,

Frank's manifold is already in New Jersey and he will take delivery of it any day. You should do the same.

Last edited:
I believe Justin is taking holiday time currently and he's a one man shop with part time help. He was yesterday buttoning my car up and had it on the dyno when my turbo started making a noise.

I'm not sure when he'll be back but I'm sure he'll see this and chime in.

scammy. You went on the dyno yet with the new intake? Thanks
Yep but something broke so we will have to pull her apart and find out what so looks like a new engine build, I think I'm going to get those 3110 TODA pistons and get her fully balanced I have most of the parts just lacking time with a lot happening this year. My tuner really wanted this to have some sort of idle control so will look into that as well

Back