• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Do you guys remember Eddie Whitman?

He was one of the original members of the NSX club in it's first days.

He had a 95-T that he stripped to absolutely nothing and was running in the 12's with a completely stock motor.

I wonder what he is doing these days.

Eddie Whitman has never been a member of the NSX Club of America. However, he did attend NSXPO '97, before the club was formed.

Eddie's motor wasn't stock. It had I/E/M amongst other things... but it wasn't radically modified as well.

I think what really helped his 1/4 mile time is the special oil he used.
rolleyes.gif

Last I heard he purchased a Ferrari to replaced his NSX.

A little birdy mentioned my name popped up here.

All is well in the Whitman world.

Since dropping off of the NSX list, I've managed to devote more time to playing with cars. Over the past few years, I've had a 2000 NSX with Comptech's mods (gone, wreck), a 996 Turbo modified by Prototech (still have this at 30k miles), 2001 Diablo with 6.2 liter factory race engine (still here, over 10k miles in four months), Mercedes S 55 with Renntech stuff (still in the stable, 10k miles in 6 months), among other toys.

The 95 NSX race car is in my garage, untouched since 1998. Sad, eh? Last running mid 12's in the 1/4 and 1:49 at Bridgehampton (which may be closed now?).

I went to look at an '02 NSX yesterday, very nice - yellow with yellow interior. I'm waiting for a call back with pricing info.

In the end, an NSX is still the best car around, I think!

Eddie Whitman

Bridgehampton (which may be closed now?).

Yes, it is. I remember seeing an aerial photo of its demolition (construction zone) a couple of years ago. Very sad.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Bridgehampton (which may be closed now?).

Yes, it is. I remember seeing an aerial photo of its demolition (construction zone) a couple of years ago. Very sad.

And here it is, on its way to becoming a golf course (like there aren't any of those around):

bridge-5s.jpg

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 26 February 2002).]

The 996 was modified by ProtoTech, David Hart, at his shop in Miami.

So far I've done nothing to internals . . . only bigger turbos, headers, exhaust, intercoolers, more boost, etc.

Next on the list, I'm switching to a 2 WD GT2 transmission, and doing engine internals, and even bigger turbos/intercoolers. This setup should produce 750+ hp on street fuel, or 800 on race fuel. Right now, it is not quite 600hp.

I also did a stereo/nav/DVD setup, bigger wheels (19"), and GT 3 suspension.

Here are a few pictures:
http://www.cewhitman.com/pcar/

Eddie Whitman

Back