• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does anyone have exhaust sound bites

I am looking at the various exhausts out there and strongly considering a TAITEC GT Lightweight. I am hoping to get feedback from anyone willing to share. Sound bites would assist. Thanks......... :biggrin:

And here is <A HREF="http://members.optusnet.com.au/~neonsx/nsxbox_106db.wmv">Nico's NSXBOX Gruppe M</A>. 970Kbyte... very noisy; it's a real crowd pleaser. :D

Luvdatoys said:
I am looking at the various exhausts out there and strongly considering a TAITEC GT Lightweight. I am hoping to get feedback from anyone willing to share. Sound bites would assist. Thanks......... :biggrin:

Lightweight on sale and in-stock here: http://2nrwerks.net/airflow.asp

No Comptech sound clips?? Tubi sounds good. Too bad their customer service in getting one is crap!! I won't buy one because of the way they've treated people waiting to get hold of one. SOS has a great collection of clips. Should we possibly put an area in the FAQ or search that would have all the clips in one spot?? Just a suggestion.

I have the Lightweight with NO Cats and Comptech Headers. Here is the link to my Dyno Run... Video

I found this one I made about a year ago from the outside. The camcorder won't pick up the true db's of the exhaust. I guess I need to get an external mic! GT Lightweight Outside

Last edited:
John McCain Racing said:
I have the Lightweight with NO Cats and Comptech Headers. Here is the link to my Dyno Run... Video

cool video/ ha ha. that's funny how the dyno tech had to cover his ears/ ha ha ha LOL :biggrin:

Don't judge the exhaust note base on the sound clips. They all sounds very different if not completely different in person. You could attend NSXPO or local meets and listen to all the exhaust systems in person.

Base on the sound clips, GruppeM and Tubi sounds the best to me. Never heard GruppeM in person, but Tubi sounds amazing in person.

GT Lightweight exhaust sounded like crap base on the sound clips, but it does sounds insanely nice in person, have already listened to it 3 times in 3 different NSXs.

B&B and flowmaster also sounded great in person.

Dali exhaust:
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/boy_racer/exhaust_dali/exhaust_dali_all.m3u

Flowmaster:
http://www.nsxprime.com/members/kellyjoe/fmxst.wav

Last edited:
OK, out of all the clips posted on this page, the flowmaster sounds the best. It may just be that it is a better quality clip, but I wouldn't mind getting one. (I am sure the enzo is better in person)

HOLY COW! that Gruppe-M is INSANE! I love that f1 sounding exhaust tone, anyone have clips of the Scorcery F1 Exhaust that just came out?

Luvdatoys said:
I am looking at the various exhausts out there and strongly considering a TAITEC GT Lightweight.

I've had the GT Lightweight on my car for almost a year and it seems to get better with age. Don't waste your time listening to silly little sound bites. That's like trying to figure out what a piece of chocolate tastes like from looking at a photo.

The GTLW fits perfectly, sounds incredible and is incredibly light.

Hugh said:
I've had the GT Lightweight on my car for almost a year and it seems to get better with age. Don't waste your time listening to silly little sound bites. That's like trying to figure out what a piece of chocolate tastes like from looking at a photo.

I agree 100%, the clips does not sound anything like what it is in person. I would of never purchased this exhaust if I were to judge base on sound clips.

I would dare to say from 5000rpm~8000rpm, GT Lightweight really does sounds like Ferrari F355.

I will try to get my neighbor who owns yellow F355 to ride in my NSX and ask for his personal opinion. if possible with his permission I will make a sound clip of both nsx and f355 running through same exact tunnel from 5000rpm through redline in 2nd gear.

The cabin droning very over rated IMHO, it would be nice to have none, but it is really not too bad at all, you only hear it only certain rpms, you will eventually learn how to keep it a certain rpm range to eliminate or minimumize droning. There is also silencer option. Which is absolutely no need unless you really want close to stock sound level.

I never had other exhausts on NSX, so I am not sure if other NSX exhausts have cabin droning or not. They probably all have some, just more or less tolerable. Compare to exhausts for other cars, this is nothing.

Most of us get aftermarket exhaust for increased sound level and more agressive exhaust note over stock. what is the point of getting non-oem exhaust and keeping it stock quiet?

There is really nothing to lose going with any NSX exhausts, IMHO the ones I have heard all sounded better than stock. If you don't enjoy whatever exhaust you ended up getting, you can always resell it and get most of your money back. Used NSX exhausts seems to sell fairly quickly in the FS section.

Wow.. the NSX sounds nice..

OK..

I didn't know the NSX had such a substantial sound.... nice!

Back