• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does anyone know this car? 2001 Red/Black w/152k miles - VIN JH4NA21671T000027

Hello Prime members,

Would you know any Prime Members live nearby "TLB MOTORS" (1096 N CENTER RD BURTON, MI 48509)?

They have 2001 NSX-T Red/Black with 152k miles.
Its CarFax shows it had one minor accident in 2006.
Its high mileage scars me a little, but I had bought a 1996 NSX-T with 135k miles several years ago and enjoyed very much without any issues.

Here is a Cars.com link;

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/6d4be305-f1fc-4e55-ac4f-8780f195963e/

The dealer is holding the car for me until I get the financing and arrange to fly there to pick up the car.
Since I am planning to purchase it without personally seeing the car (which I have done it a few times before), if any Prime members could recommend a shop or person who could do a PPI for me, it would be really great.
Of course I will pay for the work.

And what do you guys think of 2001 w/ 152k miles?
I would love to drive it as often as I could, and I will not keep it as a garage queen.
And I don't care much of its resale value, since I intend to keep it for a long time and enjoy it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

And does anyone have any knowledge of this 2001 Red/Black?

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
I noticed on the dealer pics it had a mecum plate so I did a quick search. It appears it may have sold back in jan this year for $58,300.
https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0121-444049/2001-acura-nsx-t/

Wow, great finding, RobM! Thank you.

Yes, the dealer told me that vehicle was purchased by the previous owner (4th owner) at the Mecum Auction early this year.

As long as it's in great mechanical condition, I am OK with that price. Supply and demand, I will assume.

Thanks again, RobM!

I'm about 45 min south of there but I don't know anyone in that area that works on NSX's. The dealer we all use is Suburban Honda in Farmington because they have an NSX tech that moved over from Suburban Acura when it closed. However they are about an hour from Burton.

Prime has not seen this vin except in your post...the side skirts are a little dodgy but that is cosmetic..do you due diligence..

I'm about 45 min south of there but I don't know anyone in that area that works on NSX's. The dealer we all use is Suburban Honda in Farmington because they have an NSX tech that moved over from Suburban Acura when it closed. However they are about an hour from Burton.

That sounds good, thank you, RobM.
Maybe I could ask the dealer to bring the car to Suburban Acura as a purchase condition.
Would you know that NSX tech's name by any chance??
Thanks.

Looks like it hasn’t been driven much in the last 8 years. You might to get the recommended maintenances up to date. Car doesn’t look too bad other than the unfit side skirts. It’s about an hour and half from me, if I wasn’t busy this weekend I would have driven up there for you. I might be able to drive up mid next week if you can wait.

I believe Mike is the Nsx tech at Suburban Honda.

Last edited:
Looks like it hasn’t been driven much in the last 8 years. You might to get the recommended maintenances up to date. Car doesn’t look too bad other than the unfit side skirts. It’s about an hour and half from me, if I wasn’t busy this weekend I would have driven up there for you. I might be able to drive up mid next week if you can wait.

I really appreciate that, Hass.
Getting my financing ready, and getting an airline ticket may take a few days. I am thinking of going there by next weekend. If you could take a look for me, by mid next week, that would be awesome! Just let me know the procedure!
Thanks Hass.

PM ME your phone number and I’ll let you know which day I’ll be able to make it there. It doesn’t appear to be difficult to replace the rear wing. Let me know if you’d be interested in getting rid of it.

Are you going to fly into Bishop and drive it home? If that's what you're doing let me know, if I'm not busy I can pick you up at the airport and take you to the dealer.

Are you going to fly into Bishop and drive it home? If that's what you're doing let me know, if I'm not busy I can pick you up at the airport and take you to the dealer.

Wow, thank you, RobM.
Yes, I am going to fly in, and drive out:biggrin:

The dealer said he could pick me up too, but I would love to have a fellow Prime member to go with, and get some advice!
I will let you know my arriving schedule. If you could come, that's great! If not, not to worry!

Thanks RobM.

Back