• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does your steering return to center?

After posting about my steering before, I had my car to the dealer for alignment. They said it was off a bit, but my steering is pretty much the same in that when making a right turn, it does not return to center. It only returns to about 10 degrees from center. If you dont' bring it back, the car will continue to corner on its own. Does anyone elses car exhibit this? If this is not normal, I will make an issue of it with the dealer. I'd like some opinions please.
Thanks

------------------
keep the shiny side up
MikeC 01 #46

Mike,

As I spoke with you on the phone, my 2000 returns to center properly. I can't say it is perfect, but if it is off a little, it's not noticable.

I say make it an issue

Rick

------------------
  • '00 Candy Apple Blue / Black, #264
  • My Card

Mine returns to center in as much as any car does. Doesn't feel any different than my other car, in other words...

Originally posted by mikec:
After posting about my steering before, I had my car to the dealer for alignment. They said it was off a bit, but my steering is pretty much the same in that when making a right turn, it does not return to center. It only returns to about 10 degrees from center.

Do both tires show the same amount/pattern of wear?

Do both sides have the same amount of castor? If not, it may pull to one side...

Back