• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

doesnt rev over 7000rpm 'till the car warm up

I did use search function( rev and fuel cut off) but couldn't find what I'm looking for. I just wanna be able to sleep at night you know:tongue:

I'm about to sound stupid too....but I'm pretty sure that's just the engine running out of air due to not being warm enough to engage the vtec cam lobe not an electronic rev limiter....maybe I'm just misinformed. Engine stops revving due to that's all the air it can flow on the low lift lobe.....any thoughts....flames whatever:smile:

The VTEC cam lobe should be engaged by a rise in oil pressure and, having said that, should be fairly mechanical in nature. VTEC will engage before the quoted 7000 rpm at which it cuts off. It has to be electrical.

Not being warm and running out of air do not really correlate. It should meter it to the density and cooler air is denser. I think the car is stepping in and preventing you from damaging it though you really shouldn't get above 3K anyway when it's warming up.

I could be wrong on all of this because I don't have an NSX yet, but maybe some educated guesses?

I've seen this on my car a couple times when I thought it was plenty warmed up, but it apparently wasn't.

Give me a break- I do not know anyone (thank goodness) who would rev a cold motor to 7K let alone try to rev it higher. And....in TX someone with a nice car must stop 10-20 times at other locations on the way home so thieves don't follow them home....this has to be a kid just playing with daddy's computer (hopefully).

Yes.

And those suggesting that such a car should be avoided are just being foolish. The whole idea behind the electronics reducing the redline until the car warms up is that they prevent damage to the car. Sheesh...

This from the guy who lambasted me for hitting my rev limiter once when I first got the car and was learning to drive it. You growing soft in your old age? ;)

Re: doesn't rev over 7000rpm 'till the car warm up

I did use search function( rev and fuel cut off) but couldn't find what I'm looking for. I just wanna be able to sleep at night you know:tongue:

The search function can be tedious and sometimes time consuming, trying to find the correct terms to search with and poking through the responses until you find what you are looking for.
Search and you will find old posts with the same questions with the same results, that is, for every ten responses one MAY be correct and true.

In general, your owner's manual will give you most of the information you need and I suggest looking there first for the best answers. Second would be a trusted mechanic, preferably the one that will be servicing your vehicle on a regular basis.

Look at the requirements to join and post on NSXPrime. Anyone can join, post, and be totally anonymous so don't expect it to be as sophisticated and exclusive as the NSX was when first introduced.

As the values drop so goes the neighborhood.:wink:

Back