• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Drive on 3-30

I may be able to make this drive (first-timer)

Les - when will you be rolling from the usual spot in north OC to the final meet up spot by GMR? I'm sure some folks from down south would like to caravan up.

Les - when will you be rolling from the usual spot in north OC to the final meet up spot by GMR? I'm sure some folks from down south would like to caravan up.

See post #1 for details.

What are you guys doing for lunch. Then I heard something about hiking :)

I just got back from being out of town so the wife and I are a for sure and not a maybe anymore but I see Les already took care of that. We do enjoy taking the car out to stretch its legs.

NOTE: At the end of the drive, we will be stoping for lunch a Max's Mexican Cusine in Monrovia (very good mexican food). They will be cordining off and area for us to park our cars. They will also try to section off a part of their restaurant for us so that we can all sit together.

See you at the meeting location,

Mario

NOTE: At the end of the drive, we will be stoping for lunch a Max's Mexican Cusine in Monrovia (very good mexican food). They will be cordining off and area for us to park our cars. They will also try to section off a part of their restaurant for us so that we can all sit together.

Mario

Thanks for setting this up for us, Mario. Much appreciated.

Mario

Thanks for setting this up for us, Mario. Much appreciated.

+1

Thanks Mario.

Also our friend Chase (RedWings) from Arizona will be joining us as JC's passenger.:smile:

Last edited:
So it's almost 5am and I haven't slept yet. I not gonna be able to wake up in a few hours. I'll see you guys at the next one :(

I just want to state what a fantastic day I had. There were so many things to write about;

Good -
1) The weather was nice. Great photos with the clouds and the mountains. What a perfect spring day in SoCal.
2) Pretty cars. Everywhere I looked there were gorgeous NSX's
3) Competent drivers. Very nicely done to all who participated.
4) Awesome course set up by Les. Nice stops planned.
5) Lunch by Mario. Max's was awesome and I would like to recommend them for any drive we take up that way.
6) I only had Chase say "Bananas" once.

Bad -
1) I only got Chase to say "Bananas" once.

Very fun day. Can't wait for the next drive in April. See you all there.

I cant wait to see the photos that were taken, the wife and I enjoy seeing them and going on the runs that Les and JC put together.

What a beautiful day for a drive. GMR is still one of my favorite roads in SoCal, it's why we do it at least once a year. Here some pics. Keep an eye out here for our next drive in April!!!

JC, you need to explain the "banana" thing for everyone.

Last edited:
JC, you need to explain the "banana" thing for everyone.

I was joking with JC that if the run got too freaky for me as a passenger that my safety word is "bananas"

Exiting one corner I'm looking over the side of a massive dropoff as he's drifting towards it... :eek: so I said "bananas" half-joking / half serious

Beautiful day and drive, great meeting everyone and thanks again to JC for the ride in your stupid fast car. What a blast!

Last edited:
Back