• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Drivers side passenger window switch

I know this is a dumb question, but I just got the window regulator fixed on the passenger side and have a question about the drivers side switch for the passenger side window. Is the drivers side passenger window switch recessed more than the passenger side window switch. Mine is, and I wanted to ask the community before I took the drivers side door apart again to fix it. Im just tired and cant remember.

Thanks,

Dean

Are you talking about the little tab on the switch that your finger engages to operate the switch? If so, then perhaps yes. On my 2000, for the passenger window switch the height of that tab is just about flush with the face plate around the switch on both the passenger's and driver's doors. The tab on the driver's window switch is definitely longer and projects above the face plate by perhaps 3 mm. The base of that tab appears to be recessed an identical amount below the face plate on all three switches on my car although I didn't measure to confirm that.

Yeah, looks like all 3 are different heights. Now I know.

Back