• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DYNO DAY @ Apex Motorsports 05/7/05

sorry Ryan, (Rayn wrong spell)....any one know how long this will take? from am to ? pm. I would like to get even if no space for Dyno...just found out there is a kid birtday party to go to at noon. :frown:

thanks
LitoG

litoG said:
sorry Ryan, (Rayn wrong spell)....any one know how long this will take? from am to ? pm. I would like to get even if no space for Dyno...just found out there is a kid birtday party to go to at noon. :frown:

thanks
LitoG

We are starting at 9:00 AM.

Hey Lito!

I am still dying to get a ride in your SC'd NSX!!! Chien (NA14yu) and I are leaving Fairfield at 7:30 AM. It would be great if you could make it down. I'm not sure what the waiting list order is...Perhaps Romeo (Spartan 2-3) can give us an updated list. If you get some time on the dyno it would be great to compare the hp difference between your SC'd pre-97 NSX and RAVNSX's 97+ sc'd NSX.

Here's the most current list for the "Dyno Day", if someone is unsure pls edit so we can confirm the next person inline. It starts @ 9:00 AM till ????

Dyno
Spartan2-3
MikeC_587
RAVNSX
NA14YU
RonNRaiders
Ryan1926

Maybe's

randomharmony
Ariel
Choppsjazz
SS5153
Mickeylex

ryan1926 said:
Hey Lito!

I am still dying to get a ride in your SC'd NSX!!! Chien (NA14yu) and I are leaving Fairfield at 7:30 AM. It would be great if you could make it down. I'm not sure what the waiting list order is...Perhaps Romeo (Spartan 2-3) can give us an updated list. If you get some time on the dyno it would be great to compare the hp difference between your SC'd pre-97 NSX and RAVNSX's 97+ sc'd NSX.

Ryan, cant wait to see your latest upgrade :biggrin:

LitoG, welcome aboard hope to see you there :cool:

I hope whiteNSX's can be there, he has a nice SC'd NSX :smile:

randomharmony said:
can we confirm that apex is this month's meeting place or is it still milpitas?

I don't know what's up because Vytas has not responded to this thread. :(

hey gang....the more I find out about my 91 16K miles NSX...Mark Baush himself installed and dialed everything. He was flown in to NY from the first owner....big $$..from what I know this has (I think)...9lb CTSC, header, exhuast, test pipes, upgrade injectors, short gear, 4.55 final, sway bars front and rear, Tein coil overs, Brembos, 18/19.....anyway can't wait to meet you all.

As far as we know the monthly meet is still at the current location (Milpitas, Macaroni Grill).

Though it would be nice to have the monthly meet @ Apex Motorsports, the Dyno day event just happens to coincide with the NSXCA monthly meet.

The First Dyno starts @ 9:00 am so the list is NOT necessarily in order, its first come first serve ("confirmed list" will be prioritize over the "maybe" list). Steve wanted me to post this as they had difficulties on the last meet.

Confirmed Dyno List

Spartan2-3
MikeC_587
RAVNSX
NA14YU
RonNRaiders
Ryan1926

Maybe's

randomharmony
Ariel
Choppsjazz
SS5153
Mickeylex

Sorry for not chiming in earlier for some updates. Spoke with Shane and our May 7th club meeting will be at Apex Motorsports. I posted an update in a new thread for this event as well as future events for June and July.

Since I work Saturdays with every other Sunday off, I won't be able to attend any of these events. If we plan the "regrease your window track" on a Sunday, that will work.

Directions

Located at 2555 Lafayette St #122 in Santa Clara, (408) 588-0075. http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?a...sz=Santa+clara+ca&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

When you arrive you'll see our old location. It's the next building over by the "Auto Body Shop"

As you enter the parking lot you can park on the side of our building we have fenced off area where we can fit about 15-20 cars. (Good picture opportunity)

There will be Coffee, Orange Juice, water, and Donuts!

After the Dyno we can all decide on where to eat. I know there is a Chili's in Santa Clara next to CompUSA with a big parking lot maybe we can go there.

APEXBuilding.jpg

Re: Directions

makena88 said:
As you enter the parking lot you can park on the side of our building we have fenced off area where we can fit about 15-20 cars. (Good picture opportunity)

Thanks for the update on the parking. I'll bring my digi cam and a tripod and take group pictures, pictures of the cars in the lot and of course, pictures of your cars on the dyno. Now that I have DSL, I'll be able to post the pics shortly after the meet.

It turns out that I might not be able to hop on the dyno afterall. :frown: After taking apart my tranny for the short gears and clutch, my mechanic mentioned that my 2 gear synchro set needs to be replaced. I had a feeling that it needed replacement due to occasional grinding. The part has been ordered however it won't arrive until Friday afternoon. :frown: If a miracle takes place and the car is back on the road for Saturday I will be "All In" again. Damn, I definitely have the Poker bug! :cool:

Hello NSX'ers,

I would like to come down just to lookie look that day if that's ok. I have Integra meet in Treasure Island that same day. I won't have my NSX because of the obvious (Integra Meet). Steve (APEX), do you know approximately how long this event will go on? I'm just trying to see if I can possibly make both events on that same day and also come for the OEM rims.

I think we'll b there most of the day, because there's the dyno & then there's the monthly lunch not so far from there. SO bring it on!!! :biggrin:

I was just informed by "Apex Motorsports" that for those that will run the Dyno, it is recommended for your car to have nearly a tank full of gas (1/2 tank+) fuel pumps were known to overheat due to low fuel and quality.

Just passing this message from "Apex Motorsports" for the Dyno guys :smile:

whiteNSXs said:
Where and when are the Bay Area guys gathering? Starbucks at 8:00am?
Steve

How about a caravan towards Apex Motorsports? I'll be picking up donuts @ Krispy Creme (DC) @ 7:45-8:00 am, anyone care to join?

Steve, I still have your club radio from our last meet hope to see you this saturday :smile:

Looks like sat is the best day to do a dyno and NSX meet

Yahoo! Weather as of 05-05-05

Today:
Showers
High: 64°
Low: 52°

Tomorrow:
PM Showers
High: 65°
Low: 51°

Sat:
Partly Cloudy
High: 69°

Sun:
Few Showers
Low: 52

Still got no sitter, might miss this meet :frown:

amgnsx said:

That's been my problem for that past 4yrs. It would be so much nicer if the wife would allow me to bring the kids to these type of things. :)

Otto

thanks for the heads up guys, i will think 3x harder about this marriage/kid thing now. :wink: why settle for a tree when you can have a forrest right? :biggrin: i guess i will join the club sooner or later. :redface:

hey Otto, how's the s2k working out? Any updates? miss your NSX yet? NSX or s2k?

amgnsx said:
Looks like sat is the best day to do a dyno and NSX meet

Yahoo! Weather as of 05-05-05

Today:
Showers

Tomorrow:
PM Showers
High: 65°
Low: 51°

Sat:
Partly Cloudy
High: 69°

Sun:
Few Showers
Low: 52

is the cherry going pop?? :biggrin:

randomharmony said:
thanks for the heads up guys, i will think 3x harder about this marriage/kid thing now. :wink: why settle for a tree when you can have a forrest right? :biggrin: i guess i will join the club sooner or later. :redface:

hey Otto, how's the s2k working out? Any updates? miss your NSX yet? NSX or s2k?
The S2k isn't too bad, but you have not idea how much I miss the NSX. :frown: It's tough struggling with depression over being NSXless the past 7months, but I just need to tough it out.

On the bright side, when the wife takes our daughter to ballet on Saturday, I get a little time to influence my son. :)

Otto

Y2k S2k Silverstone, 270RWHP 171TQ SAE corrected
Comptech Supercharged with Aftercooler
J's style CF hood
Mugen Exhaust

Last edited:
NMYMIRR said:
Hello NSX'ers,

I would like to come down just to lookie look that day if that's ok. I have Integra meet in Treasure Island that same day. I won't have my NSX because of the obvious (Integra Meet). Steve (APEX), do you know approximately how long this event will go on? I'm just trying to see if I can possibly make both events on that same day and also come for the OEM rims.

We should be there from 9:00 to 1:30ish or...... you can call me at 408 202-5029 if you are running late.

just incase i'm able to make the meet... ("THERE IS STILL HOPE!!!)

Is there going to be an SF caravan heading down to APEX.
WHEN and WHERE will the meet be?

Back