• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dyno Day April 16 @ Apex Motorsports in Santa Clara, CA

nsxdyno1a.jpg
nsxdyno1.jpg

http://www.apexmotorsports.com/dynoservices.html

Sorry date has been changed to April 16th (Saturday) CONFIRMED. I forgot my daughter's B-day is the 23rd :biggrin:

My partners and I have aquired a performance shop (APEX Motorsports) I Would like to know who would like to have a Dyno Day here in Santa Clara on April 16th (Saturday)

Address info:
Apex Motorsports
2555 Lafayette Steet #122
Santa Clara, CA 95050-2644

$60 for 3 Pulls and a BBQ Lunch with Drinks.

Let me know by responding on this thread or email me at [email protected] (NO PM's Please)

If you know anyone in the S2000 club, they are more than welcome to join us! Sorry we can only do Front/Rear wheel drive cars. No All-Wheel Drive or 4x4's.

People Attending that want to DYNO.
1. zoomnsx (NSX)
2. Damage (S2000)
3. makena88 (NSX) if my AEM is installed in time ;)
4. evel333 (S2000)
5. Veen120 - Acurazine
6. Allout - Acurazine
7. 1niceTL - Acurazine
8. CiLver2.3 - 2003 350Z - Acurazine
9. Jeff Gong - ?

Last edited:
Re: Dyno Day April 23 @ Apex Motorsports in Santa Clara, CA

Sure - I'm in. Let me be the first on the board
A great BBQ lunch for $60 and three free dyno pulls - sounds like a deal!
Good luck with the new venture.

mikeh said:
Do you have a hourly rate for the dyno, I don't see it listed on the website? I'm looking for a place I can take my car and finish up the tuning..

-mike

Mike I can find out for you, let me know the day you would like to do this.

makena88 said:
Mike I can find out for you, let me know the day you would like to do this.

Thanks. Pretty much anytime after tomorrow works for me, including nights/weekends/mornings. I was hoping to do a baseline run in the next week or so. Then, finish my IC install and finish up the tuning.

Is the dynojet in the shop capable of non-wot/steady-state load testing? Cheers,

-mike

I might be interested. It would be nice to get a baseline dyno before I start modding car. However, I've only got about 1250 miles on car. Wouldn't it be better to put a few more miles on car before getting a dyno? And how many miles would you recommend?

thx...

I'm sure you will fill every slot for this. I'm not interested in the dyno time but would like to join for lunch and hang out with everyone. How much for just joining the BBQ?

mickeylex said:
I'm sure you will fill every slot for this. I'm not interested in the dyno time but would like to join for lunch and hang out with everyone. How much for just joining the BBQ?
Dido :smile:

mikeh said:
Thanks. Pretty much anytime after tomorrow works for me, including nights/weekends/mornings. I was hoping to do a baseline run in the next week or so. Then, finish my IC install and finish up the tuning.

Is the dynojet in the shop capable of non-wot/steady-state load testing? Cheers,

-mike

If you want to do that, you would be better off doing that on a load bearing dyno like a Dyno Dynamics dyno. Vishnu Tuning in Pleasanton has one.

NSX-Tuner said:
I might be interested. It would be nice to get a baseline dyno before I start modding car. However, I've only got about 1250 miles on car. Wouldn't it be better to put a few more miles on car before getting a dyno? And how many miles would you recommend?

thx...

NSX-Tuner please check you PM

mickeylex said:

Nalesh, Ariel do come and hangout! Regarding the BBQ just donate whatever you guys want.

It was nice meeting you guys (January Meet) I couldn't stay for lunch that day.

Count me in. S2000 here.

Questions about our Dyno

If anyone has any questions regarding our Dyno, feel free to call "Mario" at (408) 588-0075.

Oh man, I just noticed the date change to April 16. I'll be (working) in Cabo that weekend. I wanted to be there for the BBQ. Ah well, I'll join the next time. Hope you guys have fun and get high HP numbers!

Just an FYI!!!
Looks like Prime Members has two events for 04-16-05

this Dyno day and Acura Zine Meet

hummm???????? i kinda wanted to go to both events. humm somehow I must try to find a way to juggle between the 2 events :rolleyes:

Re: Questions about our Dyno

makena88 said:
If anyone has any questions regarding our Dyno, feel free to call "Mario" at (408) 588-0075.

We can make the Acurazine event's last stop at your facility...

We'll have a meet in the morning in San Francisco
Then we will go for a drive doing the I35/I84 Twisties...
We can then head over to your shop in Santa Clara...

I know some of our members will want to DYNO their cars....

Would you like to host the lunch BBQ for about 70+ members? I would like to know how much you would charge for people who just want the BBQ?

Just an Idea....

amgnsx said:
Just an FYI!!!
Looks like Prime Members has two events for 04-16-05

this Dyno day and Acura Zine Meet

hummm???????? i kinda wanted to go to both events. humm somehow I must try to find a way to juggle between the 2 events :rolleyes:

Why not combine both events? See my suggestion above...

Neorick said:
We can make the Acurazine event's last stop at your facility...

We'll have a meet in the morning in San Francisco
Then we will go for a drive doing the I35/I84 Twisties...
We can then head over to your shop in Santa Clara...

I know some of our members will want to DYNO their cars....

Would you like to host the lunch BBQ for about 70+ members? I would like to know how much you would charge for people who just want the BBQ?

Just an Idea....

Neorick, we can host a lunch BBQ for up to 70 people no problem. I think a donation of $5 would be cool, as my partners and I are sponsoring this event.

Neorick, if you can get a list of people attending for lunch and we have paypal account that they can send us the money so we can prepare for the BBQ.

makena88 said:
Neorick, we can host a lunch BBQ for up to 70 people no problem. I think a donation of $5 would be cool, as my partners and I are sponsoring this event.

Neorick, if you can get a list of people attending for lunch and we have paypal account that they can send us the money so we can prepare for the BBQ.

Sound like a plan.....Although I will need time to get a headcount. I also have a couple of question?

What is the drop dead date for the headcount?
What will you have for the BBQ? (Is drink included?)
How much for Dyno Testing? (The more the cheaper?)
What time do we have to be at Apex Motors?

Neorick said:
Sound like a plan.....Although I will need time to get a headcount. I also have a couple of question?

What is the drop dead date for the headcount?
What will you have for the BBQ? (Is drink included?)
How much for Dyno Testing? (The more the cheaper?)
What time do we have to be at Apex Motors?

Deadline for headcount 5 days before event.

BBQ will be Hamburgers, Hotdogs, Carne Asada (Beef), will not be doing any Chicken as it takes more time.

Drinks (soda & water), Chips, Snacks included.

Dyno Testing is: $60 (Including Lunch) 3-Pulls

Sorry even with Volume the price is still $60 as we can only do about 25 cars in one day.

We will start at 9:00 for the people that are not particpating in the drive.

If you can get me a list of the people participating in the Dyno that would be great.

I will talk to Mario (APEX) tommorow morning when I get into work.

I'm down. Please add one S2000 to the list. Thanks!

("evel333" on both NSXPrime and S2KI.com)

Back