• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dyno results

I just got back from the dyno shop and had a great time. It was the first time that I've done such a thing and it was mostly a mustang svt cobra event. My '91 is bone stock (as far as I know) with 66K. It pulled 245HP and 196ftlbs (corrected). I was surprised because people say that the corrected rearwheel HP should be 15-20% less than crank. I did 3 runs and they all showed within 2 HP of each other. I glad I went through with the dyno test, at first I was hesitant because I know I have a weak clutch and didn't want to strain it *anymore*. There were 2 slight dips in the broad torque band that *may* be slippage. When I was getting the dyno up to speed I had a little scare because I forgot turn the traction control off and it wouldn't spin the dyno drum! Speaking of the clutch, I almost like it *weak*, it makes it really easy to drive and very smooth on the shifts. Of course I know that this *smoothness* is wearing out the clutch even more. Even with traction control off, I can get *fantastic* launches for 0-60 times. It runs flat 5 sec 0-60s. The clutch married up to my toyo's makes a bastarized good couple. I just rev it up to about 5500 and drop the clutch and bang, great launch. I think I'll take it easy for a while and stop punishing the poor thing...meanwhile I'm looking at clutch replacement options. This car rocks! You SoCal boys think its a head turner their, try driving in Dela*where?* Their are only two to my knowledge in Dover, the capitol, and the other one is an automatic!

------------------
'91 Black NSX
'87 Jumbo Jet :)

It pulled 245HP and 196ftlbs (corrected).

That's typical.

I was surprised because people say that the corrected rearwheel HP should be 15-20% less than crank.

That may be true for a car built with Mustang tolerances. The drivetrain losses in the NSX are around 11 percent.

Back