• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ECU crack? Bigger Turbos? E-Motors upgrade?

I get that there are folks out there who would like their cars to go faster. Having said that, there is a concern on my part about reliability. I felt pretty confident in what SOS offered for our cars from the downpipes to the JB4. My sense was Acura was aware and was not too concerned. Chris seemed to be sensitive to what changes he was experimenting with concerning our cars. I guess I am wondering if the folks who are cracking the ECU are aware of how their changes will impact the engine's reliability. Just asking

I get that there are folks out there who would like their cars to go faster. Having said that, there is a concern on my part about reliability. I felt pretty confident in what SOS offered for our cars from the downpipes to the JB4. My sense was Acura was aware and was not too concerned. Chris seemed to be sensitive to what changes he was experimenting with concerning our cars. I guess I am wondering if the folks who are cracking the ECU are aware of how their changes will impact the engine's reliability. Just asking
So long as they are matching the parameters of what Chris did with power levels, there should not be any difference in reliability at all. In reality, an actual tune onto the ECU should be safer than a piggy back, because the ECU is seeing and reading the truth in what is actually happening with the engine and its inputs/outputs. Sure, the JB4 solution has proven very reliable when staying within its confines, but tunes can do the exact same thing with far more safeguards, controls, and protections.

Back