• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Edmonton Meet & Eat

It’s spring time in Edmonton and believe it or not, the snow will eventually melt and we will be driving our NSXs before too long. :smile: To kick off the 2008 season; a few of us thought an early meet & bbq would be a great way to introduce ourselves, show off our cars and swap a few lies. :wink: Also, a reporter from one of the local papers may attend to do an article on the NSX and it's owners.:cool:

Allan Jack has graciously offered the use of his place for the meet. He lives in Edmonton across the street from a park in a very quiet residential area with lots of safe parking. He is also the owner of an immaculate 91.

The proposed date & time for this meet & eat is Sunday afternoon, May 4 at 2:00 PM. In addition to meeting great people, a measly twoonie will get you a hamburger or hotdog and pop. This meet is open to everyone and it would be nice to have some of our friends from down south attend.

Let me know who is planning on attending and I will PM you Allan’s address. Spread the word!

Dan

People attending

caveman - Dan
alinjack - Allan
ffffanman - Trevor
NCC-1701D - Eddie
warrenw - Warren
sinisfun - Cody
95EagleAWD - Ryan

Tentative

Lucky Guy's '93 - Kevin
Prometheus - Albert
macready - Dave

Last edited:
Hey Dan.

I am planning on being there. That is a really busy time for me, but I willl ensure I take the time to attend. Send me the time and date (if the date changes).

UM, If I have an engine, I'll be there.
lol
Otherwise its the Harley...
Trev
Perhaps Mister Sin can email everyone since he has all the info on Alberta guys.
Otherwise set me up with all the emails and I'll do it here simply from work.

That's a good idea Trev, I'll send an e-mail reminding people of the Calgary meet, and letting them know about the Edmonton meet.

I'm down with this if I got the weekend off. My car may not be on the road yet though.

Is there anything we should bring or make? Cheesecake? Marble Cake? Italian Tiramisu?

I'm thinking thinly sliced Parmesan on Rye.
Maybe some kind of Artichoke dip???
Um, some Cognac from the Deux-Sèvres area would be nice.
Trev

And so you are saying they are better than us?
Trev

OMG, I just got sick!!!
Ok, back to serious stuff.
I will bring 20 of 6 oz steaks over.
My treat.
Let me know if I need more as time goes on here and people and spouses/friends confirm.
Trev

If Porsche guys are better, just imagine a Porsche/NSX guy, he'd be freakin' Awesome. :biggrin:

I AM!!!!!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

AND I just spent the day on the track!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

We ate and beered at Swiss Chalet afterwards - no Grey Pupon!:rolleyes:

Great to see you guys getting together, we've gotta get you guys to start the Alberta Chapter of the NSX Club of Canada - we'll help you get the service and parts discounts and stuff and the club insurance policy is a great thing when you organize group drives, and hold events, etc.

I AM!!!!!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

AND I just spent the day on the track!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

We ate and beered at Swiss Chalet afterwards - no Grey Pupon!:rolleyes:

Great to see you guys getting together, we've gotta get you guys to start the Alberta Chapter of the NSX Club of Canada - we'll help you get the service and parts discounts and stuff and the club insurance policy is a great thing when you organize group drives, and hold events, etc.

Hey, do you have any of those books that were made up for the GOA group??

It would be nice to share one at the Edmonton meet & eat.

Hey, do you have any of those books that were made up for the GOA group??

It would be nice to share one at the Edmonton meet & eat.

I'll bring mine if it shows up in time... actually there are probably a couple Edmonton guys that should be getting them.

the GOA group??

GOA? Gomers of America? This is strictly a Canadian thing:wink: :tongue:

I'll bring mine if it shows up in time... actually there are probably a couple Edmonton guys that should be getting them.

Sean sent out the West Members' packages almost two weeks ago, I'm actually surprised you don't have it yet! I'm sure you'll have it in the next few days, if not, say something before the 26th and we'll courier one out.

i got to sign up this week, just been busy and buying things for Eddie on the net.
He is using me more than a girlfriend.
I'll send out for two memberships this week.
Trev

He is using me more than a girlfriend

Sh1t - you should move to Toronto - Dave is itching to find NSX Owners he can treat like "girlfriends"

Back