• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Enclosed Car Trailer Question

Does anybody use an enclosed car trailer for storage of their NSX or other cars?

It is getting very expensive to build in my area and this seems like it might be an economical idea for cars that you don't use very often. Plus I get the benefit of trailering my car (or other stuff) when needed.

The small enclosed space would make it inexpensive to heat in the winter. But I worry that even with venting it might get too hot in the summer.

How difficult is it to get the car in/out? Looks like the side "escape door" feature might not make it too hard.

If you think it is a good idea, what features/brands/sizes should I consider?

Thanks
Don

Here's a picture of my 24' enclosed trailer by Continental Cargo.... has 2 pop up screen windows on the top, side door and fold down rear door/ramp. Its VERY low to the ground which it easy to load/unload. My car spends 95% of its life inside there. I forgot what I paid for it. Hopefully SNDSOUL will see this thread and reply. We bought our trailers together, but he did all the footwork.

IMG_0264.jpg

As Dave mentioned earlier, we bought two trailers direct from Continental Cargos' factory, I had to pick them up there. It was much cheaper doing it that way. If I remember correctly we got both trailers(both 24' V-nose,mine is black with white interior walls) for $12,500. They are very nice. If you need info, pm me and I will try to find the puchase invoice.

Without having the "escape door" on the driver's side of the trailer, how do you get out of the car? Do you have to climb out of the window? I can't picture that there is enough room to open the door.

Do you recall what the interior width is. From what I'm reading it is typically 8' to 8.5'.

Thanks for your comments and picture. It is a big help.

what if someone jacks the trailer :eek: :eek: it could happen...if I remember correctly, didn't someone post up saying their trailer got jacked in a parking lot a while ago..? :confused:

btw, if you're just using it as a storage place, you might wanna look into those full enclosed aluminum garages...it's faily cheap and does the work...

djskyy said:
what if someone jacks the trailer :eek: :eek: it could happen...if I remember correctly, didn't someone post up saying their trailer got jacked in a parking lot a while ago..? :confused:

btw, if you're just using it as a storage place, you might wanna look into those full enclosed aluminum garages...it's faily cheap and does the work...

That's what I was thinking. To me, it sounds like the easiest way to steal any car that's stored in it.

It stays in my backyard with a very nice tongue lock on it and a little something done to it that makes it immobile unless you know what you're doing. Besides, if someone steals it and its in the trailer, its still covered as if it were stolen anywhere else :)

Back