• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Enclosed carrier shipping options?

I've used InterCity Lines in the past to pick up and ship a NSX from IL to CA and was very happy with their services. Pricey, but great service and no issues. I'm in need of shipping another vehicle from Florida to CA in an enclosed hauler. I made a reservation with InterCity Lines about 5 weeks ago to pick up and deliver the car. I just learned that they only have 2 slots of the 6 reserved for their carrier that travels east to west. They had 2 slots reserved 2 weeks ago and haven't picked up any new orders since. I'm getting impatient and can't keep the seller waiting forever.

So, who else can I use that is very reputable and in the same league as InterCity lines? Thanks in advance for your input!

If this is in the wrong forum, I apologize. Mods, please move as needed.

Plycar, Reliable or Horseless Carriage are 3 firms that many people I know have used, in addition to InterCity.

Plycar, Reliable or Horseless Carriage are 3 firms that many people I know have used, in addition to InterCity.

Thank you very much for some additional options. Horseless Carriage is out. They are not moving any cars from east to west coast, only semi-local jobs for private individuals. They are consumed with moving brand new dealer cars from east to west due to the driver shortages.

Plycar hasn't returned any of my calls.

Reliable gave me a quote and can do the job, but unfortunately are too busy and stated that they can't pick it up for 4 to 6 weeks.

Stumbled across Passport Transport. Not the best reviews but can do the job. Also stated that they can't pick it up for 4 to 6 weeks.

Called InterCity again this morning. No new orders. I'm at 6 weeks now and no closer to where I was a month ago....

Has anyone used BaT shipping? They act as a broker (although they state they are not a broker), and use Runbuggy to get vehicles moved. I won't know who my carrier is until I enter my payment information and agree to all terms. Not liking that.

This royally sucks. I'm at the point where I'm considering renting a truck and enclosed trailer and going on a road trip for a week.

How is everyone else doing it who buys a car on BaT? Are people flying out and driving home, or waiting months and months for their vehicle to be delivered? Or, I suppose they are taking a chance with some low budget open carriers as those are a dime a dozen.

Any further recommendations would be appreciated.

look on other car forums and search ..there are plenty of small mom and pop operations that have single and double size trailers...Porsche/Ferrari/Audi/Hellcat forums ect...

I've used InterCity Lines in the past to pick up and ship a NSX from IL to CA and was very happy with their services. Pricey, but great service and no issues. I'm in need of shipping another vehicle from Florida to CA in an enclosed hauler. I made a reservation with InterCity Lines about 5 weeks ago to pick up and deliver the car. I just learned that they only have 2 slots of the 6 reserved for their carrier that travels east to west. They had 2 slots reserved 2 weeks ago and haven't picked up any new orders since. I'm getting impatient and can't keep the seller waiting forever.

So, who else can I use that is very reputable and in the same league as InterCity lines? Thanks in advance for your input!

If this is in the wrong forum, I apologize. Mods, please move as needed.
Maybe too late for you but check with a local dealer. They can help with lining up independant shippers. I recently bought a car from out of state and that dealer (MB) arranged a private enclosed shipper, very reasonable. My local MB dealer offered to help if needed. They all tie into independent shippers.

Maybe too late for you but check with a local dealer. They can help with lining up independant shippers. I recently bought a car from out of state and that dealer (MB) arranged a private enclosed shipper, very reasonable. My local MB dealer offered to help if needed. They all tie into independent shippers.

Thanks for your input. I'll have to keep that in mind for next time.

InterCity Lines let me down. After 10 weeks, they are no closer to picking it up. Another major enclosed shipper came through for me and I only had to wait 15 days for it to get picked up.

Thanks everyone. I think I'll stick to buying cars that I can drive to and get home in a days drive with the help of a friend or my wife.

Just a bad time to need anything requiring humans...:frown:

Horseless $2500
Intercity $1800
Plycar $1660
Brokers (UShip, Montway) $1100-$1200 enclosed

I assume most people here would go with one of the first three rather than a shipping broker? Or are all enclosed carriers the same?

Last edited:
Honda is using reliable...

Most of the top tier big guys are the same..just depends if you find one that has a full boat going your way...If you give them enough heads up they can work pretty close to your timeline but If you are last minute you may be waiting...

Horseless can't pick up until Jan.
Reliable estimates 2-7 weeks (big variance)
Plycar could pick up next week so that made the decision easy.

there you go ...you are now a shipping broker.....;)

I've used https://www.a1autotransport.com/ to ship long distance enclosed, but not quite as far as what you're looking for. Pretty sure they operate nationwide so I'm sure they'd be an option if you still need someone. In my experience, they're generally on the more affordable side to so might be worth looking into, if just to get a quote, even if you're already considering some others. My two cents anyway. Good luck.

Back