• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Engine Flush

Now that my car is out of action till I get my new drain plug, I was wondering is there any point in doing an engine flush? If so whats the best way and what would you use? Its pretty much drained at this point and by the time I get my new plug it will be well drained lol!

Would it be worth while running some cheaper thinner oil through the engine and letting it drain taking out any remaining old black stuff?

Now that my car is out of action till I get my new drain plug, I was wondering is there any point in doing an engine flush? If so whats the best way and what would you use? Its pretty much drained at this point and by the time I get my new plug it will be well drained lol!

Would it be worth while running some cheaper thinner oil through the engine and letting it drain taking out any remaining old black stuff?

In the old days they would flush the engine with diesel fuel :eek: but now oil has detergents and its not necessary. I wouldn't waste your money.

I do NOT recommend engine flushes! Depending on mileage, you may dislodge "gunk" and end up blocking your oil pump if you don't fully drain everything out. I have seen this happen. Very expensive engine repair.

Back