• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

engine miss

Follow up. I installed the new plugs and coil packs. All is well again. The coil packs that I removed tested fine. Everything was clean and in excellent condition. I think one or more plugs went bad. Thanks for all the advice and help.

Attachments

• 20210707_162116.jpg
    20210707_162116.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 20210707_162121.jpg
    20210707_162121.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 63
Great news, and thanks for the update!

Did any of the (rear bank especially) coilpacks exhibit any corrosion at their bases?

Great news, and thanks for the update!

Did any of the (rear bank especially) coilpacks exhibit any corrosion at their bases?

Zero corrosion. You could not tell the new packs from the old ones. All the bolts looked brand new. My car has lived a sheltered life.

This is a picture of the rear bank plugs and packs I removed.

20210707_162131.jpg

No corrosion, the entire coil pack looks like what you see in the picture. My guess is the plugs gave out after 23 years, as the packs tested fine and dont appear to have any visual issues.

That picture you linked looks like a lot of corrosion!

My guess is the plugs gave out after 23 years, as the packs tested fine and dont appear to have any visual issues.

23 years, as in those are the original plugs? If so, perhaps time to check on any other deferred maintenance items.

Yes, original plugs. The car only has 23k miles.

Timing belt, water pump, belts, were done several years ago. All Fluids changed regularly.

Back