• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Epoxy or Polyaspartic garage floor coating

Has anyone in the DMV area got garage coating done in their garage? If so, please tell us about your experience with who and about the work done in your garage.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I'm in North Carolina (near Martinsville Va.) and I put down (DIY) two (equal) part epoxy (I think its known as "high solids" epoxy) about 10 years ago and I have had no issues with it at all!

thanks for the reply. i was thinking about doing the DIY kit myself, but wanted to see what results people have gotten done by professionals. question, did you do the chip flake system? If so, did you find it difficult to find nuts or bolts on the ground?

I have the two part epoxy floors in NC also and I love them. All sorts of things on them and nothing has made a blemish yet. I even cleaned them with paint thinner after some fallout from painting and they cleaned right up.

-Alec

No flakes as I like to use the clean look to trouble shoot leaks and to quickly find fasteners, etc...that I drop.
It is extremely slick when wet (but that is what makes it so easy to keep clean)...so I added two tire patches of non-skid (playground sand spread into wet epoxy) so that my wet rear tires (freshly washed car) would not slip when pushing the car up the ramps of my 4-pole lift.
thanks for the reply. i was thinking about doing the DIY kit myself, but wanted to see what results people have gotten done by professionals. question, did you do the chip flake system? If so, did you find it difficult to find nuts or bolts on the ground?

Attachments

• She's back small.JPG
    She's back small.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 46
  • faux brick epoxy gravel small.JPG
    faux brick epoxy gravel small.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Garage right side empty small.JPG
    Garage right side empty small.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 43
I have the two part epoxy floors in NC also and I love them. All sorts of things on them and nothing has made a blemish yet. I even cleaned them with paint thinner after some fallout from painting and they cleaned right up.

-Alec
thanks for sharing your experience with the epoxy 2 coat. makes me want to get it done on my even more

No flakes as I like to use the clean look to trouble shoot leaks and to quickly find fasteners, etc...that I drop.
It is extremely slick when wet (but that is what makes it so easy to keep clean)...so I added two tire patches of non-skid (playground sand spread into wet epoxy) so that my wet rear tires (freshly washed car) would not slip when pushing the car up the ramps of my 4-pole lift.

thanks for the pics. I also do like how clean that solid grey is. that sounds like a great idea. I too was thinking about if the tires are well, how well the tires would grip the epoxy on the floor. that lift is awesome!

Back