• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

EPS in NA1

Considering putting EPS in my NA1 NSX. Anyone done an upgrade with NA2 EPS or I've seen threads on S2K one? Pros and cons among options. Thanks.

Considering putting EPS in my NA1 NSX. Anyone done an upgrade with NA2 EPS or I've seen threads on S2K one? Pros and cons among options. Thanks.

It's doable and a popular modification in Japan. It won't be cheap, though. You'll need the EPS rack and controllers, the power unit, all the wiring harnesses to make it work and the second speed sensor for the transmission. I'd say about $10,000 all-in. You should reach out to NSX Rack Repair and they might be able to help you source the components.

*Edit* You'll also need the EPS-specific U-joint to connect the steering rack.

Last edited:
Feel = Manual Rack > S2K EPS > NA2 EPS
Performance = S2K EPS > Manual Rack > NA2 EPS

NA2 EPS (aka. EPS that came in the automatics) is the worse of everything. It's slow with a lack of feel.

Just $0.02 (i've been down this route many times.)

p.s. there's development of a Quaife quick manual steering rack. That is interesting. Hope it doesn't require herculean arm strenght.

It's doable and a popular modification in Japan. It won't be cheap, though. You'll need the EPS rack and controllers, the power unit, all the wiring harnesses to make it work and the second speed sensor for the transmission. I'd say about $10,000 all-in. You should reach out to NSX Rack Repair and they might be able to help you source the components.

*Edit* You'll also need the EPS-specific U-joint to connect the steering rack.

Yikes...good to know...definitely sounds unnecessarily complicated. Thanks.

Feel = Manual Rack > S2K EPS > NA2 EPS
Performance = S2K EPS > Manual Rack > NA2 EPS

NA2 EPS (aka. EPS that came in the automatics) is the worse of everything. It's slow with a lack of feel.

Just $0.02 (i've been down this route many times.)

p.s. there's development of a Quaife quick manual steering rack. That is interesting. Hope it doesn't require herculean arm strenght.

Thanks. I've owned a S2K for a few years...sounds like maybe worth considering. Definitely like feel of manual but wanting to make it more flickable like my Elise...S2K can take it closer.

Thanks. I've owned a S2K for a few years...sounds like maybe worth considering. Definitely like feel of manual but wanting to make it more flickable like my Elise...S2K can take it closer.
Agility/Flickability is what you'll get with the S2K rack. The chassis loves it because it's longer wheelbase than the S2K so it's also more stable at the same time. You'll loose some of the delicate feel at the limits compared to the manual rack but the S2K makes it a lot easier to recover from a spin.

This is all just my $0.02. There are pros and cons but I do think the NA2 EPS is a Con/Con.

Back