• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Equally Amazing -- my rear tires are still going???

Well, here is my dilemna. I installed Michelin Pilot Sports last March, front and rear, and had the alignment settings set back to stock (for a 1992) -- the previous owner had changed them, as per the FAQ, to something with less wear.

While the rears are lower on tread than when I put them on, they still seem to have a good bit of tread left...

Now, with the temperature changes in Austin, I am sure that the pressures need to be adjusted (on the list for this weekend), but what bothers me is that I have put on quite a few miles on these tires, and don't think that I need to change them anytime soon.

Is 28,000 miles on a pair of Michelin Mxx3s unreasonable? Do I need to doubt my wear-indicator seeing abilities?
smile.gif
I'm starting to get nervous about tire wear on this car.

28,000 miles??? Thats flat out crazy!!
With the original aggressive factory spec's I can't imagine seeing more than 15,000 miles even if you just drove in a straight line at 60mph..

Where did you check the wear bars? The NSX tires wear on the inside where you cannot see unless you really look into the wheel well. So maybe the outsides still look good?

28,000 miles??? Thats flat out crazy!!

Maybe, but you CAN visually check the tread. If there is tread across the ENTIRE width of the tire, and you don't see the tread bars flat yet, then just keep driving on them and don't worry, be happy.
biggrin.gif

The NSX tires wear on the inside where you cannot see unless you really look into the wheel well

...or, for the front tires, if you turn the steering wheel all the way in one direction to check them.

Back