• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

etrade...,.. work damit

Most likely the first trade if you put in an order before it began trading was at a price of 42.05. The reason it dumped is because no one got their executions back and got worried.

If you waited for it to open and then put in a market, you could have paid as much as 44ish.

Most likely the first trade if you put in an order before it began trading was at a price of 42.05. The reason it dumped is because no one got their executions back and got worried.

If you waited for it to open and then put in a market, you could have paid as much as 44ish.

Oddly, my limit orders weren't triggering, so I made market orders right when it opened and got in at $40.02. My limits still hadn't triggered, so I cancelled them, and made two more market orders at sub-40 since then.

TradeKing is who I use.

I got in at $40.01 (limits weren't triggered either) We'll see what happens.

I use ChoiceTrade for my pennies, since they don't bend you over in trade fees on them..

Oddly, my limit orders weren't triggering, so I made market orders right when it opened and got in at $40.02. My limits still hadn't triggered, so I cancelled them, and made two more market orders at sub-40 since then.

Hope you don't get screwed on the limit orders due to delayed reporting. I've had that happen to me in the past...

Hope you don't get screwed on the limit orders due to delayed reporting. I've had that happen to me in the past...

Yeah that was my concern too, but I've already confirmed that they were cancelled and never triggered.

So what's going on here?

http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=FB&hpt=hp_t1

I was expecting a fricken jump of at least 2x.

Are people just selling like mad to liquidate?

BTW, Bono is now the richest musician in the world thanks to his $90 mil investment in FB.

Were you really expecting it to jump 2x? based on what? Not a loaded question, I'm just curious what fundamentals anybody was basing this off from.

Last edited:
Were you really expecting it to jump 2x? based on what? Not a loaded question, I'm just curious what fundamentals anybody was basing this off from.

This has nothing to do with fundamentals. Heck, half the tickers don't trade on fundamentals. Just look at LNKD.. do you really think it's worth > $100, yet it's held pretty steady since IPO above $80.

Since when did the stock market work based on logic?
Overpriced IPO does nothing. Ouch.

I'm glad the IPO has been lackluster so far. I'm going long on FB. Their valuation against user eyeballs is so low that it's comical.

I got in at $40.01 (limits weren't triggered either) We'll see what happens.

Nice, looks like we got in at the same time. Watching what happens.

Glad some confidence in the tech sector is pushing my AAPL back up also.

CNN Breaking News Email

Facebook finishes its first trading day at around $38.23, with shares barely changed from their IPO price.
Facebook's price was essentially flat but its volume set a new IPO record. Around 567 million shares changed hands Friday.
All three U.S. indexes had their worst week of 2012, with the European debt crisis looming over global markets.

It's all about gambling to make some quick bucks, not fundamentals.

Well I hope everybody struck it rich today because it kicked a ton of ass.

Zuckerberg is laughing all the way to the bank.

Back