• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Events around Greensboro, NC Sept & Oct

Car & quasi-car events around Greensboro (more or less):

Triad After Work Social Wed Sept. 17, 5:30-7:30pm at Grand Prix Greensboro. Free. I called, will be indoor & carts available to race. If I go I won't bring the NSX since I won't be able to keep an eye on it. http://336events.com/design/event_info.php?Id=22619

Eden Riverfest: music, kids stuff, car show. Fri Sept 19th, 5-10pm. Sat Sept. 20th 10am-10pm. More info: http://www.edenspecialevents.com/riverfest/river_car.html or call 336-623-7789, x 3046 or x 3021

Oak Ridge Military Academy Car, Truck, & Bike Show, Sat. Sept. 20 (rain date 27th), 10-2pm. $13 entry fee, registration 9-11am. Raffles, trophies, music. Limited to 150 cars (still plenty of room as of today). More info- contact Mike Stone 336-644-9663 btwn 6-8pm. Located near the intersection of 68 & 150 (slightly east of the intersection on 150 at the Oak Ridge Military Academy.

Sat. Oct. 11 Reidsville Fall Festival. One of the events is a car show (I think this one has model/year restrictions so not sure if we are welcomed. Have to find out.) More info 336-349-1045, http://www.downtownreidsvillenc.com/calendar/

update- cars must be 1975 or older, limited to 400 cars

Last edited:
Are we eligible to be in it? Are you going to look or to be in it? That wknd is my birthday. I want to go have some fun & meet rich chicks!!!:biggrin:

You've seen my car. Only category I could win would be "most realistic daily driver." :cool:

I suspect there will be some money at that show. Should be fun.

Car & quasi-car events around Greensboro (more or less):

Oak Ridge Military Academy Car, Truck, & Bike Show, Sat. Sept. 20 (rain date 27th), 10-2pm. $13 entry fee, registration 9-11am. Raffles, trophies, music. Limited to 150 cars (still plenty of room as of today). More info- contact Mike Stone 336-644-9663 btwn 6-8pm. Located near the intersection of 68 & 150 (slightly east of the intersection on 150 at the Oak Ridge Military Academy.

I'd probably do this but I was planning on heading to Goodings (in Raleigh).

Contacted the director for this (email address on the entry form on the website), told him what I had, & he said: Yes, 25 years is the norm, but you could enter the car into the Classic & Sportscar division.

Sounds like a good day out & might get to see some interesting stuff.

I just figured out where the Concours show is. Im totally going to this.

http://www.thegrandconcoursdelegance.com/

Yeah I may try to go to that in greensboro also,, If the wife lets me get away, that Sunday is my BDAY and my 1yr Anniv with the NSX:)

Have to try and go on saturday do the fam thing sunday:)

Maybe we can get a few to meet up and roll out there together.

Nothing else I will look at the rides and play a round of golf on the west course:) I love playing there!

Last edited:
Strange coincidence, my birthday is that Saturday. I emailed the organizer guy, there is no rain date. It is rain or shine. I hope it doesn't rain.

Last edited:
Strange coincidence, my birthday is that Saturday. I emailed the organizer guy, there is no rain date. It is rain or shine. I hope it doesn't rain.

Yeah I may try to go to that in greensboro also,, If the wife lets me get away, that Sunday is my BDAY and my 1yr Anniv with the NSX:)

Have to try and go on saturday do the fam thing sunday:)

Maybe we can get a few to meet up and roll out there together.

Nothing else I will look at the rides and play a round of golf on the west course:) I love playing there!

I'm signed up for the concours in sports & classic class. See you there. Weather is supposed to be great.

FYI guys- I was at Crown Acura getting my state inspection sticker (because things might not work from sitting in the garage all the time). They had a silver '02 from VA there for a clutch & trans replacement. Don't know how you blow a trans in a stock NSX. Car had just sold & seller was having it done. Anybody on here? Anybody know the car?

They also had some pics (I think from a couple of years ago) of an Imola orange that got rolled here in Greensboro. So I guess the remaining ones are a little more rare & valuable now.

Anybody going other than me?

Tony, Ben, Jeremy and maybe Tom,

My brother and I are meeting another owner in Pittsboro tomorrow morning at 8am and then proceeding to Greensboro for the Concours. My brother and I have already registered. John D. and his wife plan on coming up later in the morning as spectators. Let plan to park together. Should be at least 6 NSX's.

John Komar

Last edited:
Tony, Ben, Jeremy and maybe Tom,

My brother and I are meeting another owner in Pittsboro tomorrow morning at 8am and then proceeding to Greensboro for the Concours. My brother and I have already registered. John D. and his wife plan on coming up later in the morning as spectators. Let plan to park together. Should be at least 6 NSX's.

John Komar

I probably won't have the xbox because I busted the coolant overflow tank so I'll only be spectating but I'll definetaly find you guys. You think you will be there by 10:30?

I'm signed up for the concours in sports & classic class. See you there. Weather is supposed to be great.QUOTE]
I'm taking the red car to some cruise in in High Point this Sunday (mid-day).

What cruise in High Point? And your red car would be a serious hit at the Concours.

Ben, planning on arrival about 9-9:15am tomorrow.

John

Hey Ben, glad to see you and Nick yesterday. Sorry your car was out of commission. See attached photos taken at the show yesterday. Turns out that my brother's red '99 NSX took Best of Class. After we got home I tried to wrestle the trophy away from him, to give it to it's rightfull owner (my NSX), but it was a no-go.

John

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Great pictures John. With or without the trophy I had a super day! The weather was perfect for the round trip from VA. It was great meeting the NC crowd. And a special thanks to John for detailing my car after the trip from VA. Hope to be back next year.

Dave

Happy Birthday to me !!!!!!!

:biggrin:

Happy Birthday to me !!!!!!!

2916523082_c402e4aa64_b.jpg

Without a doubt the tallest, thinnest, most beautiful woman I have ever seen!!! A pinup model named Annabelle. Had to be about 6'3" or 4 in the heels on those boots, easily 6'1" without. A stunning woman!!

Oh yeah, there were cars too.

Last edited:
Wow, who owns that gorgeous, black NSX in the picture????

Oh, that's mine!!!

Back