• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ever spotted another NSX while driving yours?

I did once. It disrupted the entire space time continuum.
BACK_TO_THE_FUTURE-0.jpg
LMAO!!!

A few times in Miami. By far the coolest time was driving to work along city streets in downtown Miami when I caught up to *another* Silverstone 02+. We drove side by side a mile or so. Driving in and NSX, next to an NSX, is an awesome feeling!!
That's right!!!

Yes...all the time at the track.
On city streets, I mean. (excluding car meets)

i chased down a red na1 last week coming home from work. It had oklahoma plates on it, the driver said he just picked it up. Not sure what year, it had color matched roof/body, dont think it was a targa. Either way, yeah if i count right theres

red na1 - carrys
red na1 - new guy (didnt get his name)
black na1 - kevin's
black na1 - mine
black na1 - darrens
green na1 - shauns (sold it thou)

so we have 5 here in wichita that i know of.

Greetings

I see other NSX's all of the time. I saw 2 today. On coming the other way in Los Gatos -- Red G1 this morning when going for Sunday breakfast.

The second one was a yellow one that passed me on 85 today. I was in the middle lane driving about 75 with a group of traffic when he flew by. I am guessing he must have been running about 100 or so MPH. (No police or any other cars moving with him, so technically not "Street Racing". Just letting a thoroughbred have its head -- horse owners will know what this means.
:)

Cheers,
Martin

In the bay area this happens every day, still exciting though! both people usually give the thumbs up even if you don't know each other. Glad you shared a moment, see you on the road!

I can tell from your post you obviously DO NOT live in the Norcal BAY....

Before I even owned an NSX, I'll see 1-2 per day depending on what area I travel to. I've seen them parked at grocery stores, Kinko's, Best Buy and even one guy who drove it to the local Swap Meet! *gasp

Back in Indiana when I went to school, driving any fixed up car got you some looks but out here in CA, even F-cars rarely justify a double glance. I've passed a few NSX's in mine but usually we all know each other.

The only time I got a glance was from a girl in a mini cooper and the valet guys who were waiting for me to park.

rk

Hahaha, I know right? One day... I hear people see you on the streets quite often.. maybe I'll catch you on Hawthorne. I've seem more VEYRONS in my nsx than NSXs. Isn't that weird? (2)

I haven't seen a Veyron in the wild yet. Where have you been seeing them?

Crazy!

Incidentally, there are two NSX owners (supra2nv and enkrypt3d) who work for different companies, but located in same Santa Monica office complex as me...and I pulled in the driveway just behind enkrypt3d's NSX on Monday morning.

Around Seattle, I've only seen about a dozen ever. Three of those were in the week after I bought mine, but I wasn't driving it at the time. Although, I did see an R8 going down the freeway yesterday- I hate it in magazine pictures, but it looks awesome up close and personal.

Nick

I saw 2 NSXs this week. Black one today and silver one Tuesday. And to top it off I saw a red Pantera a couple of minutes after the NSX. The Pantera was unbelievable. It wasn't the original one, it was the updated one(GT) with widebody stance. Not to go off topic but that car is one hot car. The only issue I see with the car is the fact that it is known to rust out.

I saw 2 NSXs this week. Black one today and silver one Tuesday. And to top it off I saw a red Pantera a couple of minutes after the NSX. The Pantera was unbelievable. It wasn't the original one, it was the updated one(GT) with widebody stance. Not to go off topic but that car is one hot car. The only issue I see with the car is the fact that it is known to rust out.

Where? :)
I like the wide-body GT5-S also!!!!

Attachments

• ZX Pantera NSX top.JPG
    ZX Pantera NSX top.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 42
I could not even begin to count the number of NSXs I have seen on the road over the years.

You might not think that SE WI would have much in terms of NSX density, but between Acura of Brookfield and Road America, we get more than our share.

Saw a third NSX since we've owned ours - an '02+ Spa / Rio Yellow. It was going northbound on I-95 in SC, we were southbound...once again in the MDX.

First thought was, hm, sure hope that isn't OUR NSX...

-Dave
'04 Rio Yellow / Onyx

I've passed a few sitting in parking lots, never while I was in mine. The other day on the highway I actually passed that guy in Harrison, OH with the black one on the interstate, It was a GORGEOUS day and we both had our windows down and threw our hands in the air as we passed. I admit that was pretty cool.
But it's cool because it doesn't happen often. Unlike Corvettes that all have a nod when they pass like Jeeps. :biggrin:

Where? :)
I like the wide-body GT5-S also!!!!

South Florida. On Sheridan Street heading east couple blocks before the Ramp for 95. Awesome car(understatement, cant think of anything else to describe it), this was the first time in a long time that I have seen this car in person. And the first time ever, that I saw it with the widebody layout. The only problem is I think the motor for the headlights may not have been working because the headlights were up and it was in the afternoon.

Again, I do apologize for getting off topic. But I just wanted to share this experience.

Last edited:
Back