• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ever spotted another NSX while driving yours?

Yesterday would mark my first encounter of another NSX while driving mine. I am sitting there at a light, ready to make a right turn, waiting for traffic to die down. Keeping my eye open at oncoming traffic from my left, I see this black beauty I instantly recognize from such a far distance. "OMG! An NSX!... Wait a minute. Wth? I am in one too!" That instant realization was a little funny, and groovy at the same time. Perhaps I drive mine daily and I forget sometimes that I am sitting in one. Nah. Either way, it felt weird, yet awesome, seeing another one. The car passed me, the driver looking at me, and then I suddenly got very excited, so I caught an opening in the flow of oncoming traffic, sprinted and caught up to him. For some odd reason, all cars dispersed and we ended up next to each other at the next stop light. I waved at him and he waved back. Then we rolled next to each other for a while till I merge in front of him. We ended up cruising some good distance together, two NSXs together, till my turn came up and I had to stop at the red arrow light to make a left (I was heading to work). He passed me and waved goodbye while I waved back. It felt very good, and I have to admit guys, this is the first time I've noticed... this little event caused SOOO much attention!
Just thought I'd share. :cool:
Any of you guys encountered another NSX while being out with yours?

Yes, I have. On 3 occasions as a matter of fact. First time a yellow 2005, stopped for a few photo's at a boat dealer with him. 2nd time a Red one (year unknown) we spotted each other and thumbs up as we passed going opposite directions. 3rd one a midnight blue while pulling out from my bros. house and we again spotted one another and thumbs up again as he passed.

In the bay area this happens every day, still exciting though! both people usually give the thumbs up even if you don't know each other. Glad you shared a moment, see you on the road!

Have seen two other NSX's on the road in the 9 months we've owned her.

Saw 2 Bentley's, 4 Ferrari's and 3 Lambo's in the first 3 hours we were in Miami a few weeks ago...

Western Kentucky... :rolleyes: I have a better chance of winning the lottery. :biggrin:

Once in a while I see an NSX or two around when driving mine. But not often. I usually give them a wave.

I think there might be one or 2 people in ND that own a NSX...I have never seen them. As for Atlanta hopefully I will have one to drive soon(real Soon) and give the thumbs up to another NSXer :biggrin:

It has happened to me a couple of times. Each instance, whenever I see the car, I am still amazed at the amazing, sexy curves, and remember I'm driving in one as well. Always puts a smile on my face.

With how little the nsx population especially in the NW, I considered someone rude if they see you in another nsx without waving and even a nod.

I had numerous encounters like that... My wife called me being childish, who cares, it's not like she will go get excited and wave at every Acura zoomed by her... (she had a TLS)

Unfortunately, to some people, nsx is just another car. Another thing I had experienced, is that there's some people owns an nsx and he likes to bullshit in his "own" group of freinds and brag about his nsx. He tried to stay away from you or the nsx groupie so you won't steal his charm...

You know when you purchase any car, you start noticing that same car everywhere... but I would have never thought that this would happen here in Pensacola... I knew of only 1 or 2 NSXs that were here prior to me purchasing mine... and have only seen 1 of them... Now that I've aquired mine... So far I've seen a yellow one, 2 red ones, a black one, and white one (prime-nsx4jack)... plus still know of the other 2 (Roy Jones being the owner of one)... That's actually pretty crazy for our city... :confused:

@Russian007: Can we see a little bit more of the sweet girls in your avatar? :wink:

It has happened to me a couple of times. Each instance, whenever I see the car, I am still amazed at the amazing, sexy curves

Are you sure you were looking at a car? Maybe it was his daughter? Cause, I'm always like is that a red Camaro or maybe an early Miata... oh, oh ok.... ok..... 91' X :biggrin:

and remember I'm driving in one as well.

What, in case you forgot? Whew, thought I was in the wife's 4 door Taurus again. Imagine if we stuck this on the center console.

2005111801_Display-25.gif

Yes...all the time at the track.

In your rearview mirror, right? :tongue:

on all my life, I saw only 2 NSX (I am 51 years old), here in Belgium, they are rare, my country counts only 10.000.000 people and a NSX costs the price of a house (106000€) :eek: , it does not have there much NSX, on occasion, one finds some from 32K has 60K €, I do not know how much there is NSX in Belgium… undoubtedly less than 10!.:rolleyes:

You know when you purchase any car, you start noticing that same car everywhere... but I would have never thought that this would happen here in Pensacola... I knew of only 1 or 2 NSXs that were here prior to me purchasing mine... and have only seen 1 of them... Now that I've aquired mine... So far I've seen a yellow one, 2 red ones, a black one, and white one (prime-nsx4jack)... plus still know of the other 2 (Roy Jones being the owner of one)... That's actually pretty crazy for our city... :confused:

I used to think the same way living outside Corpus Christi, TX. Then I saw a couple other NSXs and we all worked with the Navy. The other owners as best as I know are Navy Pilots. As from this forum, many pilots are NSX owners. Perhaps a common point with Pensacola.

Now that I live across the bay from Seattle, I've seen another NSX on the road a couple of times, 1 red and 1 yellow. But neither are local to the county.

Miner

Plenty of times in NY and mostly people who I know from this forum. Now that I'm here in Hawaii I see NSX's even more often.

Since getting my NSX over 2 years ago, I've seen two others, but both times I wasn't in mine :(

The worst was when I pulled up to a regular client's house, and there was a black NSX in front of it! Turned out to be an owner here on Prime who happened to be a member of their family from out of state. Ironically we'd even PM'd before about something. What a day to be caught without my NSX. :(

I'm still waiting for my first encounter. :frown:

In your rearview mirror, right? :tongue:[/QUOTE]

How did you know? But he was right on my ass...

Attachments

• two NSX.jpg
    two NSX.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 50
Back