• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Excessive oil venting on SC'd NSX???

I have a problem that nobody seems to be able to help me with, maybe someone here can?. Here is the deal: 3.2L SC'd with 20k miles. The car ran perfectly with the CT SC installed for one year, 5k miles and many track events. A month ago the car started to pump lots of oil out the front valve cover breather under hard right hand corners, presumably because the breather is on the left side of the VC and the oil pools up there. When this pooling occured it would dump the oil back into the motor and HUGE clouds would pump out the exhaust for 10 seconds or so (James Bond style!). I now have an oil catch can rigged up to prevent the smoke but I can fill the ~1qt can within 10-15 laps of the track. What is going on here?? The car never did this before and I haven't made any changes to the car or my driving style. It doesn't really veny/dump any oil under WOT use, just under cornering...I think
smile.gif
Oh BTW, I had a compression and leak-down test done and both showed excellent results.

Any suggestions?

TIA,
S.M.

Originally posted by SC3291:
A month ago the car started to pump lots of oil out the front valve cover breather under hard right hand corners, presumably because the breather is on the left side of the VC and the oil pools up there.

Not sure if its the same, but doug hayashi describes a similar problem on his site (www.nsxfiles.com). Might be helpful to check it out and contact him.

Back