• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exedy Clutch Question!

I had a exedy single before my tilton and all I can say is that I have no complaints about it whatsoever. Engagement might be harsh for the pansies around here but I thought it was an awesome clutch.

SugoiNSX said:
I had a exedy single before my tilton and all I can say is that I have no complaints about it whatsoever. Engagement might be harsh for the pansies around here but I thought it was an awesome clutch.

The clutch may be great for the track, but for a DD, it was one of the worst I have ever driven.

When you describe "worst". Why and how? Is it the chatter or quick engagement ? Usually when people want to "upgrade" on a clutch they should know that they have to sacrifice comfort. In other words don't modify or upgrade the performance of a car if your not willing to loose some comfort. Stay with stock! :biggrin:

What causes the chatter, I'am experiencing some when engaging first gear, and this is a stock clutch :cool:

Pirana said:
What causes the chatter, I'am experiencing some when engaging first gear, and this is a stock clutch :cool:

Depending on how old your car is and how much it has been driven, it is most likely that your motor mounts are broken (rubber cracked apart due to wear or old age) or the driver. :tongue:

SugoiNSX said:

I agree. This is not a clutch for wimps. It takes a bit more focus that the average clutch. Hell, I was trying to park my car in Valet at the Miami Beach Auto Show last year. The older obnoxious valet got impatient with my parallel parking and told me to get out the car so he can do it. I gave him the "BLADE" look and told him that if he damages my car I will Bleed him.

He stalled my several times and walked away without saying a word. I laughed at him and finished parking the car. The clutch wasn't so much the problem, as apposed to the small space I had to work with.

This clutch is awesome. Just give yourself some time to adapt to it. I've noticed the clutch is a bit more difficult in cold weather. Not sure why. Still Love it though :biggrin:

I have had this clutch for a couple of months now. It will break in a bit after time and become a little more driver friendly. If you have to do a lot of stop and go driving, you may want to reconsider. Reverse is the worst.

I do not know if others have experienced this, but I feel when I am really getting on it, it feels like it is not engaging quickly between 2nd and 3rd like you would expect. Therefore the engine is winding up with out the clutch engagement. It doesn't do it all the time.

I am somewhat satisfied with the clutch and had much higher expectations. I plan on keeping it in till I need the next one. Hope this helps.

NSX Passion, you should come to the DFWcc meet on next MOnday by Hullen, it would be nice to feel the clutch. :redface:

SugoiNSX said:

Exactly. No personal complaints here thus far coming up from the Sachs. Quite sporty and relatively cheap to service/replace with a choice of disc material. With the OE alignment tool, install is a breeze. Small learning curve for back-up as mentioned, and if you can hear the bearing noise at idle than I think that just means the exhaust isn't loud enough. :wink:

In short, I suppose if the desire is for well-mannered OE characteristics I would think that the ACT, OEM, or others would be a better consideration for those users.

Back