• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exhaust Work - Part 2

I recently installed a set of @PrideExhaust headers on my 1994 and was impressed with the quality and performance they delivered. You can find my header installation thread here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/210193-Headers-going-in-this-week

To complete the system I installed a Pride Lightweight exhaust. Prior to installation I had it ceramic coated at Finish Line Coatings, a local shop in the area who specialize in ceramic coating just about anything you can install on your car, truck or motorcycle. http://finishlinecoatings.com/

I am really happy with the coating as well as the installation. Fitment was very good and the exhaust bolted up to the Pride high flow cats without too much trouble.

The Pride Lightweight makes a great sound. It is considered loud by some and while any exhaust sound is subjective, I wouldn't consider it obnoxiously loud. It really wakes the engine up. And here is the best part . . . . NO DRONE. At any RPM. This is what I was most worried about as I had read some reviews where the reviewer indicated the exhaust droned. Maybe mine doesn't drone because I paired it with the headers and high flow cats. Maybe the ceramic coating has something to do with it. Whatever it is I am happy. Did I mention NO DRONE? The sweet spot for me is around 3500 RPM where is burbles a bit when decelerating.

Unfortunately I am one of a handful of people in the US who doesn't own a GoPro so I can't give you any sound clips. However if you are planning on attending NSXPO 2020 in Portland, ORE next year you'll have a chance to hear it as I'll be there (I live in the Portland metro area) and likely be attending the two track days (Aug 26th and 27th) at Oregon Raceway Park.

In the meantime some pictures.

I had it ceramic coated satin black. Unfortunately this picture makes it look dark gray. You can't see it here, but the welds are top notch and the original as-delivered polished finish is superb. Another quality product from [MENTION=13030]PrideExhaust[/MENTION].

20191218_132706_resized.jpg

Rear:
20191218_154627_resized.jpg

Driver's Side (Color here is more representative of the satin black)
20191218_154638_resized.jpg

Passenger's Side (Color here is more representative of the satin black):
20191218_154650_resized.jpg

The passenger's side may appear to stick out further than the driver's side, however I think it is just my poor photography skills and slightly different angle of the picture. Both tips protrude about the same amount.

I do like the way the satin black turned out. Gives the car more of a track focused feel than the usual chrome bling that accompanies most exhausts.

Thanks for looking.

Mark

Last edited:
awesome! I am also running a pride exhaust and love it. I just have to get the headers and hi flow cat. With the modifications you have done, is your car tune? or you running oem ecu?

awesome! I am also running a pride exhaust and love it. I just have to get the headers and hi flow cat. With the modifications you have done, is your car tune? or you running oem ecu?

Yes - running the OEM ECU. No additional tuning was performed. The headers had the biggest impact on performance. Based on my improved lap times (see my header installation thread) I'd estimate I picked up between 15hp and 25hp.

Last edited:
Nice! Do you have any plans to dyno the car in the future? I picked up my nsx 1 year ago, it had a DC exhaust. When I try to take it up to redline a check engine would pop up every time I redline. After installing a new pride exhaust, that eliminate the check engine light that popped up.The old Dc exhaust was heavier and old so the inside had stuff moving around or corroded. This is why I am against buying used exhaust because you don't know how old they are given nsx are over 20yrs olds . Exhaust are a wear and tear item.

Back