• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Export to Europe parts OEM

How about a dealer in Belgium?
<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Honda Verburgh Guido</TD><TD>Wachtebekestraat 159</TD><TD>Zelzate - East Flanders</TD><TD>Belgium</TD><TD>++ 32 9 345 67 08</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yes we know there are Honda dealers here who can supply the OE NSX parts, I think however you are missing the point:
OE parts prices in the US are so much lower than here in Europe (also because of the present low U$) that even with shipping, import taxes and all, in many cases it will still be noticably cheaper to get parts from the US.

For example: my igniter recently failed. Here in Holland even with my unusually high 20% discount off list price (so the dealer will not make much on the part anymore) my price: 390 E which equals to 640 U$ :eek:

Price for this item in the US (according to the several dealer's partssites) about 250 U$, so a difference of 390 U$ :eek:

Mind you, I do wonder if these partssites are still up to date as I asked Bridgewater Acura for a price on this part and the partsguy told me about 390 U$.
I did ask if that price was correct as it was so much more than on the partssites but haven't received an answer back yet.

But even if the price really is 390 U$, with the price difference of at worst 250 U$ and possibly at best 390 U$ cheaper (shipping and import still to be paid, depending how customs will treat it I estimate 50-100 U$ max) you do the math why we from Europe would like to get parts from the US

Last edited:
rsevo6, as you say, there are strong reasons: not only up to 50 % lower prices (imported) but also higher availability and better customer service...and last but not least no being-ripped-off-feeling.

Parts availibilty i'm not sure about. We seem to be able to get more parts here. Parts which are simply not availble in the US.
I also have parts availble to me within 24 hours from the dealer.
Maybe i have not run into the troubled parts yet, but there seems no problem with any part so far. Only part yet was lower lip old model.

BUT.... the pricing is a bit 'i shaft you'...

I was reading in another thread how Ken quoted $4.48 for a single wiper blade, thats $8.96 for a set.
So i went to the dealer..... paid $43.60

Parts availibilty i'm not sure about. We seem to be able to get more parts here. Parts which are simply not availble in the US.
I also have parts availble to me within 24 hours from the dealer.
Maybe i have not run into the troubled parts yet, but there seems no problem with any part so far. Only part yet was lower lip old model.

I've to clarify my argument about the availability. We can get all parts but I don't see any parts (that would bother me) I can't get in the US as well. For me it's more the other way round: I can get more parts in the US than here in Europe, 4.23 final drive, swaybars of different models not sold here...
If I need a part as fast as possible in 95 % my local dealer is faster (24 hours) except for the parts they have to order in Japan (4 weeks). From the US I can get the parts within a week if downtime is not a problem.
Honda Europe is very expensive for small parts. Axle boot here: $180, in the US: $30. Yes, that's a very shocking example I know. :)

An update about Ray Laks Acura from "nigel".
Per a phone call from JR, as of monday, 4 Aug, 2008, JR will no longer be at Ray Laks Acura. He has moved over to their Motorsports Division which deals with motorcycle sales and parts.
He's still there just not our NSX contact anymore.
Ask for Tim and you'll get the same great service and price we're used to from them.
1-888-RAY-LAKS

Cheers
nigel

Yes we know there are Honda dealers here who can supply the OE NSX parts, I think however you are missing the point:
OE parts prices in the US are so much lower than here in Europe (also because of the present low U$) that even with shipping, import taxes and all, in many cases it will still be noticably cheaper to get parts from the US.

I see.The first post made no mention of this. I thought it odd that he could not get the parts in his own back yard. Now I understand.:smile:

The prices in Belgium are not same the in Holland, we have here the characteristic in Belgium to be country more taxed in the world! (To buy in Holland, for me this n' is not possible because I speak French), the small parts Honda oem are very very expensive! more than 2 times more expensive to US, I will receive an answer of Mark Monday or Tuesday, I am already a good customer of S.O.S but on the catalogue, he there does not have small parts OEM, I nevertheless will write has Chris (Brian or Jeff):smile:
grand merci a tous pour votre aide! :smile:

P.M. Tim Polinik at Ray Laks Honda/Acura

his user name on Prime is

hondacuraworld

One person for sure I will not be buying is Scorp965.

I will only order parts through either a Honda dealer or VTEC Direct in the UK, Dirk or Detlef in Germany. All others are either in the US and by the time we add duties and shipping are just as dear, or too far to put my boot up their anal passage if something goes wrong!

Cheers,

AR

Back